watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamora plays down Ankle Problems

Started by Lighthouse, September 19, 2011, 06:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Bobby Zamora has played down the seriousness of his ankle problem, despite admitting he is happy to have his game time rationed by Fulham manager Martin Jol. "In terms of my ankle, I'd rather rest to be honest," he said. "Obviously, I want to play. The European nights are nice but, at the minute, we want to get points in the Premier League. "The gaffer said, 'We'll rest you for this one', so I can come on or whatever."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aussierod

I never realised his ankle was still problematic for him. Does anyone recall what is technically wrong with it? Obviously this is why he's not playing to his full potential but at least he's scoring
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: aussierod on September 19, 2011, 08:59:10 PM
I never realised his ankle was still problematic for him. Does anyone recall what is technically wrong with it? Obviously this is why he's not playing to his full potential but at least he's scoring

When he broke it last year he also suffered some ligament damage and had to have it operated on. Currently he is suffering some stiffness in the joint and not wanting to worsen the problem he's being rested it seems.

full article: http://www.football.co.uk/fulham/fulham_striker_bobby_zamora_happy_to_rest_ankle_rss1852689.shtml
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

sipwell

I know how that feels. It explains why he isn't the Zamora we all expect him to be, even though he shows bouts of the old Zamora more than often enough!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!