watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football shirt collecting

Started by mccscratch, September 21, 2011, 01:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

Does anyone collect football shirts? Does your wife get onto you for it? I am in the US so I have to order most since our selection at most stores is either a big 5 shirt or the Mexican league teams... where do you purchase them?

I personally have about 25 shirts from various teams (none in England but Fulham mind you)... Everytime a new bag comes in the mail with a few new shirts my wife gives me a look that is about as evil as could be... even though I always look for specials so as not to pay full price.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

finnster01

There was a post many moons ago from one of our Scandies collecting Fulham Shirts. He looked like he had most of them already but was looking for the final missing Fulham issues. I can't remember which thread it was.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

sipwell

I bought my first ever football shirt before the European final. It was evidently a Fulham shirt.

I have bought two others (old fulham shirt I use to play indoor football with) and the last one (last year) with my fellow Belgian Dembele on the back.

The Mrs. didn't look angry when they arrived though, nor do I intend to buy shirts from other teams. They don't have financial value in my eyes, just emotional one.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ClarksOriginal

I don't collect shirts as it were, but I've got a big repertoire of shirts, which did dwindle but is now re-growing itself. I will only buy a shirt of a team that I have an affinity with.

So far I have:

AC Milan (2011,2005,2002, 1998)
SSC Napoli (2010, 1984)
AS Roma (2010)
Athelic Bilbao (2009, looking to get the 2011 away kit at a decent price)
Valencia CF (2009,2006,2004, 2007 away)
FC Barcelona (2010, 2007)
Paris St Germain (2006)
Olympique Marseille (2010 3rd Kit)
FC Basel (2008)

I used to holiday alot in Valencia and have always liked them since I was a boy. I recently visited Bilbao with some friends and was amazed by the city and impressed with the fact they only play local basque players.

Marseilles stadium is tremendous and they have some of the best support in the world, same with AS Roma. I have admired AC since I was a young boy too, even more so when Beckham went there (massive fanboy). Napoli is the same, just with Maradona and now Ezequiel Lavezzi.

I have never bought another English teams shirt, just my beloved Fulham, I have every kit minus a few from 2002 onwards.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mr_Moon

Fulham x4
Werder Bremen x2
German National shirt x2
England National team
Japanese National team
Sheffield Wednesday x3
OFK Beograd
1.FC Koln
Hertha Berlin
Fiorentina x2 (Batistuta, Nintendo sponsor)
PSG
Real Madrid

Grimsby (needed a cheap b&w one £3 ebay)
Rotherham (fancy dress)

Despite the number of kits I own, I'm not particularly into buying shirts. I'd like to buy Betis, Serbia, Depor and Sao Paulo shirts as I have a soft spot for them but I'm in no rush.

richie17

I used to do this but seems a bit expensive now.

I do have (aside from a load of Fulham shirts):

Ukraine 2006 (we watched them in the WC)
Angola 2006 (ditto)
Ferencvaros (bought cheap off ebay when we signed Gera - went to get it named and numbered in the club shop but they'd run out of Es or something)
Sparta Prague (from holiday)
Slavia Prague (ditto)
Sweden c2008 (a mate and I decided to follow Sweden in the 2008 Euros and subside sports had them half price)
Couple of Barcelona shirts, also from holidays.
And a few others probably.

Just got this the other week though - really lovely shirt.  A nike Atletico centenary edition that they wore in the 2003 season I think.  Love it.

Mr_Moon

CincyFulham1

I have a small collection and my sister was over a couple of years ago and returned with a Kerry County shirt (Gaelic football) which I wear alot and a ...... :020: Newcastle shirt.  Not even an old one with the newcastle brown logo, but the nti: logo in lime green and pale purple.  I have since forgiven her in my heart, but I have never worn it and I won't let it touch any of the other shirts.  I keep it a dark corner of the closet.  I also have Bayern x2, Inter, AC Milan, Fenerbache x2, Rangers x2, PSG and PSV x2.  I've started looking for bargins but haven't found any I like yet.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mr_Moon on September 21, 2011, 02:48:55 PM
Fulham x4
Werder Bremen x2
German National shirt x2
England National team
Japanese National team
Sheffield Wednesday x3
OFK Beograd
1.FC Koln
Hertha Berlin
Fiorentina x2 (Batistuta, Nintendo sponsor)
PSG
Real Madrid

Grimsby (needed a cheap b&w one £3 ebay)
Rotherham (fancy dress)

Despite the number of kits I own, I'm not particularly into buying shirts. I'd like to buy Betis, Serbia, Depor and Sao Paulo shirts as I have a soft spot for them but I'm in no rush.

Deportivo la Coruna? - http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/product_details.aspx?pid=98054
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 21, 2011, 03:17:28 PM

Deportivo la Coruna? - http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/product_details.aspx?pid=98054

£44 though, I could just get my mates from A Coruña to nick me one. I prefer hunting on Ebay for them as sometimes they come with players on the back. Once when I bought a Wednesday shirt, It was advertised as plain but came with Tommy Spurr (scored a cracker vs us in FA Cup 3rd round '09) on the back.

michaelread

I dont collect per se, but being in Aus, I mainly use ebay, and i bought a heap when I was in Europe recently.

I have - Fulham, too many to count.
AS Roma - 2010
Inter - 2010
Barca - 2010 (Xavi), 1998
Brazil - 1998 (Ronaldo) 1998 (R. Carlos)
Real Madrid (R. Carlos)
Atletico Madrid - 2010 (Forlan)
Cheltenham Town - 2007
Celtic - 2007
Santos - 2010 (Neymar)
Flamengo - 2011 (Ronaldinho)
Anzhi Makhachkala - 2011 (R. Carlos) << stoked on this one, probably my favourite
Corinthians - Ronaldo
United States - 2010 Dempsey
Galatasaray - 2010 (Kewell)
Genclerbirligi - 2008 (Nicky Carle)
Sparta Praha - 2010

Australia 2010 WC (Cahill)

more and more, im over typing haha

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mr_Moon on September 21, 2011, 03:27:05 PM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 21, 2011, 03:17:28 PM

£44 though, I could just get my mates from A Coruña to nick me one. I prefer hunting on Ebay for them as sometimes they come with players on the back. Once when I bought a Wednesday shirt, It was advertised as plain but came with Tommy Spurr (scored a cracker vs us in FA Cup 3rd round '09) on the back.

Yeah I did think £44 was a bit steep but thought I'd link you just incase. Might have a browse on the bay later actually.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Fulham shirts only... Betfair white home shirt from our second season in the prem, black away dabs.com, blue Airness Pipex one. And I keep looking for the lurid green away one.

Am tempted to get red and black stripe mid 70s away, and the early 80s Oscar white with black shoulders one which I always associate with the one and only Ivor.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Burt on September 21, 2011, 04:03:10 PM
Fulham shirts only... Betfair white home shirt from our second season in the prem, black away dabs.com, blue Airness Pipex one. And I keep looking for the lurid green away one.

Am tempted to get red and black stripe mid 70s away, and the early 80s Oscar white with black shoulders one which I always associate with the one and only Ivor.

They do the black and red Oscar shirt in the club shop, I've got on, very comfy but I'm not a fan of the 'puffy' arms....
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 21, 2011, 04:05:30 PM

They do the black and red Oscar shirt in the club shop, I've got on, very comfy but I'm not a fan of the 'puffy' arms....

In that case I'll get my shell suit, shake my mullet in disgust and go off in a huff...!

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Burt on September 21, 2011, 04:12:09 PM

In that case I'll get my shell suit, shake my mullet in disgust and go off in a huff...!

The sleeves roll up under my parka, had it on for the Citeh game actually, might be a good luck charm....
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 21, 2011, 04:13:34 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 21, 2011, 04:12:09 PM

The sleeves roll up under my parka, had it on for the Citeh game actually, might be a good luck charm....

I hope so, and if it is, long may the sleeves roll up!

Mr_Moon

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 21, 2011, 03:33:21 PM

Yeah I did think £44 was a bit steep but thought I'd link you just incase. Might have a browse on the bay later actually.
[/quote]

Cheers for that.

Michaelread how was much the Anzhi shirt? I'm a Lokomotiv sympathiser but I'd like Dzsudzsak on an Anzhi shirt.

Blingo

Blingo will only wear FULHAM shirts. I won't even buy a shirt from another club, wherever it is in the world.

FULHAM TIL I DIE.