watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair Dinkum

Started by CorkedHat, September 22, 2011, 08:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...yellow fizzy chemical tasting liquid, sold with clever marketing/advertising that attracts the younger generations to an image rather than a flavour.

Of course it depends on who commissioned the survey and who and where the people questioned are.

If you go to a city/town centre in the UK on a Friday night at 11PM they are bound to get those results.

Nevertheless real ale appears to be in a slow decline, it is more expensive than the 'lager beers' which costs the brewers less to make, so the brewers are bound to push their vile liquids that most discerning gnats would not even ingest, let alone expel...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 22, 2011, 11:54:10 AM
Nevertheless real ale appears to be in a slow decline, it is more expensive than the 'lager beers' which costs the brewers less to make, so the brewers are bound to push their vile liquids that most discerning gnats would not even ingest, let alone expel...

On the contrary Ed, more and more pubs are now stocking real ales from a vast variety of breweries from around the country. The last 3 or 4 years have seen a massive increase in sales in real ales and the creation of several small microbreweries and a lot more local breweries with some great drops. It's not often these days that I walk into a pub that doesn't sell real ale. I've not seen gas driven guff like John Smiths, Worthingtons and Boddingtons for many a moon now.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

elgreenio

Quote from: sipwell on September 22, 2011, 08:53:23 AM
But what I do not understand (to make this FR again) is that Zamora, who was the last player on the pitch, was the first to kick a penalty. You should expect the best goalscorer to kick the LAST penalty, when pressure is considerable.

You have to play to get points on the board so to speak, as there may not be a 5th penalty.

Or what Finn said, that'll learn me not to see the 2nd page of the thread
touch my camera through the fence

CorkedHat

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 22, 2011, 12:00:14 PM

On the contrary Ed, more and more pubs are now stocking real ales from a vast variety of breweries from around the country. The last 3 or 4 years have seen a massive increase in sales in real ales and the creation of several small microbreweries and a lot more local breweries with some great drops. It's not often these days that I walk into a pub that doesn't sell real ale. I've not seen gas driven guff like John Smiths, Worthingtons and Boddingtons for many a moon now.

Tom  and Clarks original- these are AC Nielsen figures who are recognised as the leader in the field of market research.
They relate to sales across Britain and not just to Putney High Street on a Friday night.
AC Nielsen also stated that sales of bitter increased 7% year on year in value to £475m and also in 1% in volume to 404 million pints. This is interesting because beer consumption overall in Britain is declining but there is a trend towards bitter ( and real ale) and away from lager :wine:

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: CorkedHat on September 22, 2011, 12:12:13 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on September 22, 2011, 12:00:14 PM

Tom  and Clarks original- these are AC Nielsen figures who are recognised as the leader in the field of market research.
They relate to sales across Britain and not just to Putney High Street on a Friday night.
AC Nielsen also stated that sales of bitter increased 7% year on year in value to £475m and also in 1% in volume to 404 million pints. This is interesting because beer consumption overall in Britain is declining but there is a trend towards bitter ( and real ale) and away from lager :wine:

Good, I am twenty and I prefer to have a few pints of London Pride over a few pints of say Fosters. Ale, in my opinion, is on the whole tastier, smoother and leaves a better after taste.

Hooray for Ale!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

LBNo11

...glad to hear that the real stuff is not in decline, I know there have been many more micro breweries pop up in the last 10 years, but I didn't think they would make an impact on such a survey.

London Pride and recently Doombar are my tipple of choice, along with 'Naked Ladies' from the Twickenham Brewery...

sw9white

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 22, 2011, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on September 22, 2011, 08:24:19 AM
075.gif SAB Millers are London based= and Eq, if Australians drink Fosters in England there is a good reason for it

Yep, it tastes better than VB and Tooheys!  :dft012:

VB maybe... but don't you going mocking Tooheys

Fosters made over here is done under licence anyways...

The buy out is for the whole fosters operation (carlton and united breweries)

There goes the last major Australian brewer!

sw9white

Quote from: CorkedHat on September 22, 2011, 08:38:38 AM

The top 20 beer brands in Britain are as follows. What does that tell you?
1.   Stella Artois
2.   Foster's
3.   Carling
4.   Carlsberg
5.   Budweiser
6.   Carlsberg Export
7.   Kronenbourg 1664
8.   Beck's
9.   John Smith's Extra Smooth
10.   Tennent's
11.   Guinness Draught
12.   Stella Artois 4%
13.   Grolsch
14.   Carlsberg Special Brew
15.   Reroni Mastro Azzurro
16.   San Miguel
17.   Corona Extra
18.   Heineken
19.   Boddingtons
20.   Old Speckled Hen

I wont drink a single one of those beers in the top 10

epsomraver

Bring back 4x and castlemaine, now they were real man's beers.

The Equalizer

Quote from: epsomraver on September 22, 2011, 01:40:16 PM

They were also the same beer!!

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Burt

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 22, 2011, 12:30:22 PM
...glad to hear that the real stuff is not in decline, I know there have been many more micro breweries pop up in the last 10 years, but I didn't think they would make an impact on such a survey.

London Pride and recently Doombar are my tipple of choice, along with 'Naked Ladies' from the Twickenham Brewery...

Doombar is on tap at Marneys in Thames Ditton at the moment. Very tasty number.

I was at the dogs at Hall Green in Birmingham a few months back and they had Worthingtons. Hadn't seen that stuff for ages.

The Equalizer

There's a real ale festival on at The Brick at the moment, as I found out last night...

Had a lovely pint called 'The Dark Side of The Moon', because I loved the name. Good pint too for a ruby mild. Very unique tasting.

All the beers are from Derbyshire way.

http://www.bricklayers-arms.co.uk/

LBNo11

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 22, 2011, 02:04:07 PM
There's a real ale festival on at The Brick at the moment, as I found out last night...

Had a lovely pint called 'The Dark Side of The Moon', because I loved the name. Good pint too for a ruby mild. Very unique tasting.

All the beers are from Derbyshire way.

http://www.bricklayers-arms.co.uk/

...will that goon behind the bar kindly refrain from wearing his 'Loftus Road SW12' T-shirt or the Coat & Badge and the Jolly Gardeners may become re-aquainted with my hard earned...

epsomraver

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 22, 2011, 01:44:13 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 22, 2011, 01:40:16 PM

They were also the same beer!!

Shows what I know, 2 pints and I'm anybodies! :005: :005:

sipwell

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 22, 2011, 12:30:22 PM

Microbrewing is the new best thing. When we were over in England, I only drank (and very much appreciated) the small beers. You have them in Belgium (oddly enough you might say) as well. Local product and divine taste.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!