11-14
29 (64.4%)
15-17
5 (11.1%)
Relegated
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36

BalDrick

In light of another thread called 'The Table Doesn't Lie', I thought it might be interesting to see where posters feel we'll finish come May.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The Equalizer

11-14th. I reckon we'll be safe, but we're not going to set the premiership alight this season.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

We have been crying out for a central forward who can step up and finish the chances we create. Fulham will struggle if by February we are still happy with the forwards.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

I'm saying 10th just to be difficult.

MoS

Where will we finish? - In the sh*t if the start of the season is anything to go by. I just hope that Jol doesn't damage our proud European record!

BalDrick

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 26, 2011, 12:17:33 PM
11-14th. I reckon we'll be safe, but we're not going to set the premiership alight this season.

That was my view

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 26, 2011, 12:19:44 PM

Just realised that omission - any moderators care to alter it please?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: BalDrick on September 26, 2011, 12:31:16 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 26, 2011, 12:19:44 PM

Just realised that omission - any moderators care to alter it please?

I'll stick with 10th. I'm more optimistic than the evidence warrents. I see this squad becoming seriously good.

finnster01

I reckon we will be relegated unless Jol gets fired and/or Jol decides to play a formation that fits the squad he has on his hands
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

11th to 14th.

There are signs that the corner has been turned, and we should have a solid rather than spectacular season.

My big wish for this season is to have a decent FA cup run.

sipwell

7-10. I am just being positive. At one point the magic will do its work and we will score goal after goal after goal. I think the team has considerable improved if compared to last year and some other teams competing for the 7-10 places haven't had many incoming transfers (or not the best anyway).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

jarv

If you look at other teams, many do not have prolific scorers up front. Example, Stoke paid silly money for Crouch. Didn't he get 3 goals for spuds last season? They can have him, not worth it.
Bolton, Blackburn, QPR, Swansea, Norwich, WBA etc. None have anyone near as good as BZ.
This keeps me optimistic.
What Fulham does lack however is some real PACE! Without pace, front players need to improve their running off the ball, using the channels and inter-changing. Just an opinion. 082.gif

finnster01

Quote from: jarv on September 26, 2011, 01:16:10 PM
If you look at other teams, many do not have prolific scorers up front. Example, Stoke paid silly money for Crouch. Didn't he get 3 goals for spuds last season? They can have him, not worth it.
Bolton, Blackburn, QPR, Swansea, Norwich, WBA etc. None have anyone near as good as BZ.
What Fulham does lack however is some real PACE! Without pace, front players need to improve their running off the ball, using the channels and inter-changing. Just an opinion. 082.gif

Agree completely with the pace bit. We are slower than a turtle which is why I keep harping on the formation part. We do not have the speedy players to be successful with 4-2-3-1, but nor do we have the finisher to play that style.

Actually Crouch got Stoke a point against Man U. That is something nobody else has managed to do this season
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on September 26, 2011, 01:24:17 PM
Quote from: jarv on September 26, 2011, 01:16:10 PM

Agree completely with the pace bit. We are slower than a turtle which is why I keep harping on the formation part. We do not have the speedy players to be successful with 4-2-3-1, but nor do we have the finisher to play that style.

Actually Crouch got Stoke a point against Man U. That is something nobody else has managed to do this season

Whilst pace could be added, I dont see it as the be all and end all of all our problems.

Our home games have been against teams that park the bus (apart from Man City) and pace is useless against these teams because you cannot get in behind a team that has 11 men behind the ball.

Decision making is the problem at the moment.

MJG

Can't see us going on another great run as we did after Xmas last season, so my hope is to plod along pick up some results, stay worried till mid April with the table so close and then be fine.

HatterDon

11th-14th. We squandered a chance to break quickly from the post, and -- as a result -- will be looking anxiously over our shoulder the entire season. It's a shame, really, because we have enough talent in the squad to finish comfortably in the top 10. We just didn't seem to be a cohesive unit for our first 3.5 matches. Shame, really. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MrFFC

I stick to what i said before season started as signs are positive and i say 8th again
Come on you Whites!! :)

SmithyFFC

7th. Top of our own mini league (which would include everyone outside the top 6)
FTID

cebu

I'm going with 10th place this time around.

COYWs

aussierod

I've gone with the safe 11-14th choice, I think with the Europa League this year and the weariness it brings along, countered by the fact we have some very good players (one of the best defences in the league last year which has only been improved, as well as some very handy attacking midfielders and a top striker when free of injury) I think we will climb the table and have some impressive results (ie 3/4-0), coupled with some Fulhamish losses to say Norwich away. Agree with MJG, we will just plod along, going up and down slightly but maintaining a relative steady season. I do think we will steadily improve throughout the season and I genuinely have high hopes with how much potential we have within this squad
Finny, what formation should we play then with our previously aging squad? You are so anti-Jol you cant seem to look at how he's brought the age down considerably in just one transfer window without throwing the baby out with the bath-water. We certainly wont be in the bottom 3 come December, let alone the end of the season
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts