watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR on General Sale

Started by Matt, September 26, 2011, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

The Doctor

According to FFC, general sale tickets are only available in the Putney End.  FFC fans with a booking history should be OK to get tickets wherever they want

MJG

my next door neighbour who is a QPR ST holder has said a lot of theirs are not going because of the £50 price.

elgreenio

Quote from: MJG on September 26, 2011, 04:21:31 PM
my next door neighbour who is a QPR ST holder has said a lot of theirs are not going because of the £50 price.

they've still managed to sell out their original allocation and 1100 more. 2700 officially according to their site.

Don't they pay that much for games anyway?
touch my camera through the fence

Burt

They do... There was a big fuss a couple of seasons ago when the previous regime hiked up the prices.

Tom Magee

Seems like the club is asking for flashpoints. Sad to hear sales are poor for this game, the credit crunch really hitting some of our fairweather fans

Chopper

Quote from: Burt on September 26, 2011, 04:33:49 PM
They do... There was a big fuss a couple of seasons ago when the previous regime hiked up the prices.

Since Tony Fernandez took over their prices have dropped again. I know a couple of ST holders and they've been told they will get partial refunds.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 26, 2011, 04:41:22 PM
Seems like the club is asking for flashpoints. Sad to hear sales are poor for this game, the credit crunch really hitting some of our fairweather fans
This Tom Magee creation isn't as good as some of your others, very similar to Jezamy Bates. Try to be a bit more original next time  :046:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 26, 2011, 05:09:29 PM
Quote from: Tom Magee on September 26, 2011, 04:41:22 PM
This Tom Magee creation isn't as good as some of your others, very similar to Jezamy Bates. Try to be a bit more original next time  :046:

It is hilariously transparent

MJG

Quote from: Chopper on September 26, 2011, 04:46:34 PM

Since Tony Fernandez took over their prices have dropped again. I know a couple of ST holders and they've been told they will get partial refunds.
Thats right and also they are dropping the prices for away fans as well.
I have no doubt there will be a lot of QPR in the Putney end(where I sit) but it will just allow me more of a chance to gloat when we beat them.( He says, hoping that the club he loves will not him down like it has on many an occasion over the last 35 years)

Chopper

Quote from: MJG on September 26, 2011, 06:16:00 PM
Quote from: Chopper on September 26, 2011, 04:46:34 PM

Thats right and also they are dropping the prices for away fans as well.
I have no doubt there will be a lot of QPR in the Putney end(where I sit) but it will just allow me more of a chance to gloat when we beat them.( He says, hoping that the club he loves will not him down like it has on many an occasion over the last 35 years)

Would be lovely to get a nice comfortable win and our first 3 points of the season. If we lose or draw, I think I'll need to go into exile for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

rhyspabsolom

£50 is too much for a newly promoted side, even if it is a derby.
I've been priced out of this one (as I'm sure many of us have) which is a shame because the club needs a good derby-day atmosphere and as many fans behind them as possible while we're not winning.
I'll stick to £10 Europa games.

HillingdonFFC

The club are generally spot on with their marketing and ticketing but whoever decided to make this a catA game needs to take a long hard look at themselves. There`s no way in the world we were going to sell out QPR with those prices,not to mention the history between the clubs, we do it against Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal due to day trippers, tourists etc.
This could be an embarrasment for the club because can see there being only 20,000 or so there, im not even a season ticket holder or a member anymore and im getting texts from the club saying I can purchase 4 tickets, just had a standard letter too signed by club captain asking me to buy
I would love to go but I simply cant justify spending £50 when we`re struggling to make ends meet, cant afford it, end of, seems like  plenty in the same boat

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 27, 2011, 12:18:40 PM
just had a standard letter too signed by club captain asking me to buy

Me too. Maybe I'll reply and say that if he wants me there that much he could spare one of his tickets?
I suppose I could put up with sitting next to Mrs Danny for the afternoon.

Riversider

im puzzled by the fact that so many of our fans are giving cost as a reason for not going sunday and yet those same fans will go when we play Man U , Chelsea or Arsenal !!!
Is it really a cost issue or is it because we are playing big scarey Queens Park Rangers ?
some of you need to be a bit more honest.

Mitch

£50 is the most I would pay. I wonder if this was a response to the £70 we were going to be charged for the Loft? Anyone know now Fernandes is in what they will be looking to charge after his price reductions - most of which were transparent 'vote winners' ie free kids in one small part of the ground with a full paying adult etc.

alfie

Quote from: Riversider on September 27, 2011, 03:28:16 PM
im puzzled by the fact that so many of our fans are giving cost as a reason for not going sunday and yet those same fans will go when we play Man U , Chelsea or Arsenal !!!
Is it really a cost issue or is it because we are playing big scarey Queens Park Rangers ?

A lot of supporters are not in a position to spend £50 and i don't think anyone should make an issue of this, if i was in that position (fortunately i am not) and had to pay £50 then i would rather spend it watching manuare, arse, chels and not qphahaha.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Doctor

Quote from: alfie on September 27, 2011, 05:22:55 PM
A lot of supporters are not in a position to spend £50 and i don't think anyone should make an issue of this, if i was in that position (fortunately i am not) and had to pay £50 then i would rather spend it watching manuare, arse, chels and not qphahaha.

Or to quote someone on TIFF the other day..."I paid £50 for a ticket to see us in a European final.  Am I **** paying that to see us play QPR"

When you put it like that...

Mitch

Quote from: alfie on September 27, 2011, 05:22:55 PM
Quote from: Riversider on September 27, 2011, 03:28:16 PM

I'd rather see us play in a derby than against Man Utd (if costs are £50). That said, I think even £40 tickets are steep, which is what we paid for Utd in FA Cup few years ago.

Berserker

well I'm worried about QPR fans as my season ticket is in the Putney end and i normally use the Hammersmith and City line to get to and Paddington. Not sure if i'm going or not but don't want to let Fulham down and also don't want to give in to QPR's potential thuggish behaviour
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.