watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Some Advice Needed

Started by ClarksOriginal, October 12, 2011, 12:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFantastic

Well stay at that job but in your off time look for another job. When you find a better job than if you still want to stay at your old company ask for more money and if they don't give you more money leave, maybe other job will be less paid but you will have less work to do and not like here you are working for  two people
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: KCat on October 12, 2011, 07:55:43 PM
Assuming you are male and in your 20's  the world of work is your playground.

''On a casuals wage £5.95 I believe''         

A polite question,  are you on a windup ???

Why would I be on a wind up? That is there or there abouts what I get paid.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

ClarksOriginal

Thanks guys for the very sound advice it has been a lot of help.

Last night I applied for the job, I'm hoping to hear back either today or tomorrow to see whether I am called in for an interview.

Mr. aFFCn - SEO is something that I have wanted to do since I had left education, anything in the media sector is a great interest to me, in particular the traditional media which is what the current role is aimed at. I know how campaigns work and have studied them excessively through education and its something I really really enjoy as sad as that sounds. As you mentioned did I think my skills would pass over? That is yet to be seen, I have a good knowledge of all the fundamentals, I have been self-teaching for the past 6 months, albeit at a slow rate.

The role is of a junior/trainee and training is provided on the job too so hopefully that is something that will mould the skills I already have into what they arer looking for.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

BalDrick

'...and, after a whole heap of soul searching, decided that I'd regret not taking the chance more than I would regret passing up the opportunity.'

Which is exactly the thought process Hodgson went through - though without as much success in the place he went to
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

richie17

TonyGilroy

Hodgson had the comfort of knowing that the penalty for failure would be a £6M compensation pay out.

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 13, 2011, 09:29:06 AM

Hodgson had the comfort of knowing that the penalty for failure would be a £6M compensation pay out.

Don't really think that was a factor to be honest. Apart from anything else, I would imagine he doesn't really need to work to put bread on the table like the original poster of this thread. Would like to think he took the decision on a more personal achievement level.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TonyGilroy

I wasn't being entirely serious but there is a tendency for the rich to think they need ever more money.

The original poster should persue whatever opportunities he can but I'd also suggest that he ask his present employers for an appraisal so that all concerns, ambitions etc can be put on the table.

Employers can sometimes simply be too busy to properly take on board their employee's concerns.

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on October 13, 2011, 08:54:43 AM
Thanks guys for the very sound advice it has been a lot of help.

Last night I applied for the job, I'm hoping to hear back either today or tomorrow to see whether I am called in for an interview.

Mr. aFFCn - SEO is something that I have wanted to do since I had left education, anything in the media sector is a great interest to me, in particular the traditional media which is what the current role is aimed at. I know how campaigns work and have studied them excessively through education and its something I really really enjoy as sad as that sounds. As you mentioned did I think my skills would pass over? That is yet to be seen, I have a good knowledge of all the fundamentals, I have been self-teaching for the past 6 months, albeit at a slow rate.

The role is of a junior/trainee and training is provided on the job too so hopefully that is something that will mould the skills I already have into what they arer looking for.

Well in that case, if it is something you've got a passion for and have been learning in your own time that says a lot. You've probably done the right thing by applying. Good luck. You can buy us all beers when, you get the job
@hincharoo

Logicalman

The difference between Woy and his ilk, and the posters (and majority of members here), is that the former do not depend on future earnings to live comfortable, the latter do.

At 20, the world is still your oyster, depending on your domestic circumstances and your financial commitments (loans etc) once those are covered then do what you want to do, enjoy your life while you can, as life passes you by a lot faster than you can appreciate. 

ClarksOriginal

Quick update:
Had a call from another Digital marketing/SEO company this afternoon.

They are sending me a letter upon recommendation from another company.

The phone call I had with them didn't sound too legit, but maybe when the letter comes I will be able to determine what to do.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Probably in line with the advice already given but:
1. Check with your current employer what the future holds for you, in terms of contract, progression, etc.
2. Manage the balance between "being valued" and "being taken for a ride" carefully. There's a fine line...
3. Don't go anywhere else without checking them out fully first, and having a written offer and contract from them.
4. If you get the opportunity to move in to your dream job, then "do an Airfix" and grab it.... Such opportunities tend to be rare.

Good luck!

:54: