What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

ImperialWhite

I think Will supports Burnley.

aFFCn_Fan

@hincharoo

The Equalizer

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on October 17, 2011, 12:07:46 PM
Jay had trials at West Ham

That was Jay's 'friend' wasn't it? His football 'friend'.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MJG

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 17, 2011, 01:56:01 PM
Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on October 17, 2011, 12:07:46 PM
Jay had trials at West Ham

That was Jay's 'friend' wasn't it? His football 'friend'.
:54: frieeeeeeeeeeeeeeend  :54:

Nick the Swede

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2011, 02:04:34 PM
:54: frieeeeeeeeeeeeeeend  :54:

Haha, classic episode!

Based on their personalities I'd go with:

Simon - Arsenal
Will - Oxford Utd
Jay - Wet Spam
Niell - qpr
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

ClarksOriginal

Jay supports United, he wears United shorts in the film, and a shirt in a few episodes.
In real life James Buckley, who plays him supports Palace.  :54:
So does Simon Bird who plays Will  :54:
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mitch

Neil supports Milwall in real life.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mitch on October 17, 2011, 03:11:25 PM
Neil supports Milwall in real life.
Yeah he was on Soccer AM with the shirt on this season wasn't he
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

BalDrick

Bit of a tangent but anyone else been watching Fresh Meat, which does have one of the lads from Inbetweeners in it, plus (I think) a very funny Jack Whitehead completely taking the piss out of himself, and very well too I might add.

Hasn't quite lived up to the expectations of the first episode but still pretty good IMO.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on October 17, 2011, 04:30:21 PM
Bit of a tangent but anyone else been watching Fresh Meat, which does have one of the lads from Inbetweeners in it, plus (I think) a very funny Jack Whitehead completely taking the piss out of himself, and very well too I might add.

Hasn't quite lived up to the expectations of the first episode but still pretty good IMO.

Yep, I have been enjoying it.

Jack Whitehall has been embodying the worst of all the cliche's about posh people at Uni, but doing a great job doing so!

Mitch

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 17, 2011, 04:50:35 PM

Yep, I have been enjoying it.

Jack Whitehall has been embodying the worst of all the cliche's about posh people at Uni, but doing a great job doing so!

Enjoy that programme - is it a 6 or 8 part series?

Burt

Yes its been a good watch. Not quite as crude as In Betweeners, but still quite high on the cringe scale in places  :003:

Having been to Uni many moons ago, I can recognise in the characters people that I knew back then, so it is well observed. I won't admit to the sort that I was, save to say that when I met my good lady in the second year she did a great job in calming me down and sorting me out!

BalDrick

Quote from: Burt on October 17, 2011, 05:15:12 PM

Yes its been a good watch. Not quite as crude as In Betweeners, but still quite high on the cringe scale in places  :003:

Having been to Uni many moons ago, I can recognise in the characters people that I knew back then, so it is well observed. I won't admit to the sort that I was, save to say that when I met my good lady in the second year she did a great job in calming me down and sorting me out!

Mine was only an Institute of Higher Education (not even a Poly), but yes there are similarities indeed - I never made it to Year 2 though.

ImperialWhite

Yeah - I love it. "Peep Show meets The Inbetweeners" as I imagine a TV exec would have pitched it.

BalDrick

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 17, 2011, 05:22:13 PM

Yeah - I love it. "Peep Show meets The Inbetweeners" as I imagine a TV exec would have pitched it.

It's good, in bits very good, but I'm not sure it's fit to lace the boots of Peep Show.

On another tangent, this - Harvey Danger- Flagpole sitta - comes from a very good album.

Luke

Definitely been worth a watch, agreed that Jack Whitehall is very funny in it.
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!