watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something is wrong...........

Started by cutbushcitylimits, October 21, 2011, 12:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutbushcitylimits

After 40+ yrs thru thick and very thin, i am getting increasingly bored watching us play.

6-0 apart thats 19 out of 20 games that was a pile of  084.gif

075.gif very depressed (not actually at the result just our style).

mrska

fed up as well...  still  come Sunday  i'll be up for it...  just hoping we can string 2 passes together!!!

epsomraver

Quote from: cutbushcitylimits on October 21, 2011, 12:41:31 AM
After 40+ yrs thru thick and very thin, i am getting increasingly bored watching us play.

I thought it was just me, it is back to the Ray Wilkins crab days!

DukeTyrion

I am on a bit of a downer too, but not so much about Fulham, but all the crap that's associated with the games in Europe and the Premiership. Cheats, divers, overpaid players end the likes.

It's times like this that nostalgia kicks in (even though we were in a very bad place in the lower divisions).

NorthernWhite

I thought it was just me as well. I see nothing inspiring from the games, long balls, sideways football, lack on incisive play in the final 3rd. Jol was talking about playing with wingers but didn't buy any fast wingers in the window.

I know he needs to change things and there will be unrest but as much as a managers job is to dictate tactics, it's also to be an excellent man manager. That is one thing I fear Jol severely lacks, moaning about players in public never works. Of course he needs to let them know who's boss but a strong manager can do that in the dressing room behind closed doors, not to the press.

I have apathy towards watching Fulham at the moment as the football is so un-inspiring, I will be at Wigan in a couple of weeks cheering us on but it's just bloody dull to watch. I feel like that towards the game at the moment with no relegation being talked about, teams like Liverpool wanting to negotiate their own deals, greed and the long term death of the game I love. The QPR result was a fantastic one but in reality, QPR were crap that day and AJ was turning it on.

I went to watch Macclesfield the other week as the team I help coach were on the pitch at half time. It was like a breath of fresh air. The football wasn't great at times but it was honest, had humour and after speaking to the chairman, he was really trying to engage the local community to watch them.

Let's hope there's some entertaining football against Everton and the players seem motivated. Inspire the team and us please Mr Jol!

Admin

Yes something is up, we've got Martin Jol in charge.

The Equalizer

Last night, for the first time in a very long time, I had no emotional attachment to that game. I was watching some football on the TV which was quite boring, and that was all. When we lost I was nonchalent.

Something is very wrong with this.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 21, 2011, 11:03:16 AM
Last night, for the first time in a very long time, I had no emotional attachment to that game. I was watching some football on the TV which was quite boring, and that was all. When we lost I was nonchalent.

I find that hard to believe, the decisions were infuriating, their players annoying and our play(ers) frustrating.  Our cat ran out of our front room on th efinal whistle as she knew what was coming...

sipwell

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 21, 2011, 03:04:54 PM

Our cat ran out of our front room on th efinal whistle as she knew what was coming...

Your wife poured some milk for her in the kitchen whilst exclaiming "here kitty kitty"?

I can't claim to be a supporter as long as you have (evidently, since I am young and foreign) but I will admit that it hasn't been one of the most enjoyable games to watch - and plenty of them weren't. The QPR and Man City one left aside, there hasn't been a lot of reason for joy. Fulham losing isn't the end of the world (in some games it is though) but Fulham playing just awful and on the verge of boring is.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Since the start of Roy Hodgsons era, I've never seen a Fulham side play this poo consistently. We even played well under Mark Hughes despite having Bobby Zamora injured for the majority of the season. I wasn't sure on the appointment on Jol to start off with and apart from the 6-0 win over QPR he hasn't delivered. And lets be honest, it must be him, this group of players could manage themselves.

Reindeer

Quote from: cutbushcitylimits on October 21, 2011, 12:41:31 AM

We were unlucky against Chelsea and actually played some decent stuff, but you're right, it has been dire of late.

LBNo11

...you've hit the nail on the head, 19 games in, three worth watching, 16 poor to dour, grinding games with no apparent plan 'B', when things don't go as planned. Of course I was disgusted at the cheat who had Dembele sent off, but that was the only emotional attachment I felt, I was going through the motions.

Many of the games against poor Europa opposition outside of the premiership, and when we have played premiership opposition we have lost because we are told, they actually do have a good team and (on the day) were better than us.

So all we have to do is beat the teams that are worse than us, problem sorted, just get Spurs and Arsenal and the Liverpool and Man ure games out of the way (mind you historically, we play better against better opposition) and then just watch us.

I cannot remember verbatim, the quote on here a few weeks ago, but it went like "I'm not calling for Jol's head, I just want to know where it is"...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

alfie

negativity, negativity its positively negativity.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LBNo11

Quote from: alfie on October 21, 2011, 05:45:25 PM

...alfie, I wish I had all the positivity that some of you are displaying. I comment on what I see and with my interpretation. You and others see things differently, and that is fair enough, it may be beyond the realms of belief to some members that I have actually been positive and thought and said much like you in defence of teams and managers in the past, so good luck to you, and if you are happy to pay to watch what is on offer fair play.

On match days, as will be confirmed by all who know me, I give 100% support, but what I think I express on a message board...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

Everybody in the bleedin' world wrote:

QuoteHatterDon, I can't believe how grouchy, cynical, and negative you are
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

I think that I am actually just bored to death with football and all the rubbish that associated with it, I have decided that this is my last year as a season ticket holder I will spend my saturdays/sunday's playing golf and watching the local sides in Sussex.

I still love Fulham and always will but after 40 years of travelling to games I don't acually think its worth it anymore.  075.gif

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on October 21, 2011, 07:34:06 PM

I can,we've met... 064.gif 064.gif

HatterDon

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on October 21, 2011, 07:37:00 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 21, 2011, 07:34:06 PM

I can,we've met... 064.gif 064.gif

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Hmmm.

I quite enjoyed the second half against Citeh, and the whole match against QPR. Our form is picking up...

I am not counting away games because we're always sh1te away.

alfie

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 21, 2011, 06:29:33 PM
Quote from: alfie on October 21, 2011, 05:45:25 PM

...alfie, I wish I had all the positivity that some of you are displaying. I comment on what I see and with my interpretation. You and others see things differently, and that is fair enough, it may be beyond the realms of belief to some members that I have actually been positive and thought and said much like you in defence of teams and managers in the past, so good luck to you, and if you are happy to pay to watch what is on offer fair play.

On match days, as will be confirmed by all who know me, I give 100% support, but what I think I express on a message board...

Sorry LB was only trying on a bit of sarky stuff, but in saying that, we had a manager that took us to euro final, then we were not good enough for him and he cleared off, then we had another manager who everyone thought this is our saviour and what happens he buggers off, we now have another manager and he has gone and got some younger players, and upset the older ones, who seem to think that they have a devine right to play, and the old saying of transitional comes into play, Jol is by no means a bad manager and our football will suffer until the team gets settled.

thats me being positive  :54:

and of course the negative in me feels i could be wrong  :002:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't