watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Terry.....

Started by cutbushcitylimits, October 25, 2011, 08:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutbushcitylimits

I admit i gave him the benefit of the doubt when i first saw the video of his rant at Anton ....However after reading his and the clubs statements there is no doubt that he said what he said.
I also see that QPR have now reported the incident to the premier league....So it appears Anton wasnt fine with it JT and he does have a problem.

There is no man in football that i would love to see royally screwed over than John Terry but will the boys at the FA have the balls to do it?

Rupert

A lot will depend on any witnesses. If the ref or either lino heard, or lipread anything (not the whole thing, or the FA will demand to know why they took no action) which corroborates any version of what was said, it will get interesting.
Also, any camera footage will be closely studied.

As gutless as the FA usually is, they will probably do Terry, but only if they are sure they can make it stick. He has a history of less than ideal conduct, he doesn't play for a team in red and he is high profile enough for them to point to him and say, look, we are serious about this sort of thing.

If it is just Terry's word against Ferdinand's, then no, no action.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

SHADY1

Because it showed up on you tube i also assumed it was just another clever stitch up.
However i now believe it happened in what context & the actuall words  who knows..

IF its not proved offically A Cole probably knows the truth and so will the other Black players within Chelsea... so if he did say it could you as a blackman play with or have any respect for your club captain knowing he said it...
IF you or I had said that on the terrace we'd be banned for life and probably charged ... will be intersting with all the work done by kick racism out of football whether John Tery can survive this...
I hope not ...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

HatterDon

I was especially impressed by Vile-Bombast's defense of his club captain. He said that Terry should be believed because he is England's captain, and it's not good for the young people in the country to hear the man they look up to charged with such things. As far as he [V-B] is concerned, the situation is over.

Fact is, Terry is a vile human being from a vile family playing for a vile club. That he continues to represent England is an abomination. Contrast that with the USA manager dismissing his "captain for life" John Harkes prior to the 1998 World Cup for sleeping with the wife of one of his teammates. The USA went on to their worst performance ever in the World Cup Finals, but Harkes never played for the USA again, and the reason for Harkes dismissal never surfaced until just before the 2010 World Cup. In all the time that elapsed, the US manager never gave an explanation and took considerable heat for it. The word only came out when the "wronged" player finally told the story.

If Chelsea and the FA had the slightest big of decency, Terry would be reviled as the scum he is rather than STILL be leading out England.

Yeah, I don't like the geezer much.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

captain leader legend can do no wrong!!

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on October 25, 2011, 10:42:48 PM
I was especially impressed by Vile-Bombast's defense of his club captain. He said that Terry should be believed because he is England's captain, and it's not good for the young people in the country to hear the man they look up to charged with such things. As far as he [V-B] is concerned, the situation is over.

Fact is, Terry is a vile human being from a vile family playing for a vile club. That he continues to represent England is an abomination. Contrast that with the USA manager dismissing his "captain for life" John Harkes prior to the 1998 World Cup for sleeping with the wife of one of his teammates. The USA went on to their worst performance ever in the World Cup Finals, but Harkes never played for the USA again, and the reason for Harkes dismissal never surfaced until just before the 2010 World Cup. In all the time that elapsed, the US manager never gave an explanation and took considerable heat for it. The word only came out when the "wronged" player finally told the story.

If Chelsea and the FA had the slightest big of decency, Terry would be reviled as the scum he is rather than STILL be leading out England.

Yeah, I don't like the geezer much.

I had NO IDEA about this John Harkes story!!!!!
I cannot stand the guy - he is the worst commentator in the history of the game- now I have another reason to loathe him!!!
Thanks for that!!!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

SoCalJoe

Which will happen first...Terry punished by the FA or Nunez getting punished by UEFA??  079.gif
You can observe a lot by just watching.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

The thing is, the way I understand the law, if any of us shouted that in the street, we would be arrested for a public disorder offence with racial overtones. It doesn't just need Ferdinand to make a complaint, anyone who was offended by it can !
Quite surprised a few of the QP ha fans haven't come forward in disgust !

Get him locked up the cockatoo headed muppet.

leonffc

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on October 26, 2011, 05:27:03 AM
The thing is, the way I understand the law, if any of us shouted that in the street, we would be arrested for a public disorder offence with racial overtones. It doesn't just need Ferdinand to make a complaint, anyone who was offended by it can !
Quite surprised a few of the QP ha fans haven't come forward in disgust !

Get him locked up the cockatoo headed muppet.

A member of public (QPR fan?) made a complaint to the police yesterday forcing them to investigate. Thats probably forced the FA into action too.
I found it interesting during the recent England game in Bulgaria when Ash;ey Young was abused by the crowd. Terry said in his post match interview that "he wasn't aware of any racist abuse". Meanwhile other players did!!

AlFayedsChequebook

A leopard never changes its spots, eh Chelsea?

The Equalizer

It's been reported to the police and they will get all of the video evidence from the Premier League and Sky, so the whole YouTube issue is out of the window.

The Sky cameras will show clearly what was said and they will have lip-readers available to testify to this.

This could very well be the end of his career, and I for one will rejoice!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 26, 2011, 10:01:48 AM
It's been reported to the police and they will get all of the video evidence from the Premier League and Sky, so the whole YouTube issue is out of the window.

The Sky cameras will show clearly what was said and they will have lip-readers available to testify to this.

This could very well be the end of his career, and I for one will rejoice!

Not all lip-reading is so accurate:

"Rick Perry" — A BLR Soundbite

The Equalizer

I think that "F*** O** you black c***" isn't likely to be misread as "Far north your bike jaunt's?"
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

epsomraver

I thought it was the N word , he cleverly said that Ferdinand asked him if he had called him the N word, he said, "no I did not call you a N" so he said it but not with malice

The Equalizer

Quote from: epsomraver on October 26, 2011, 10:57:27 AM
I thought it was the N word , he cleverly said that Ferdinand asked him if he had called him the N word, he said, "no I did not call you a N" so he said it but not with malice

Yesterday's Guardian had the full text of the assinuation on the back cover! I was gobsmacked to see it in the national press like that!

epsomraver

I stand corrected, so much for my lip reading skills!

Burt

The Sub Standard was reporting that it was either "black" or "blind".

LordNelson

Not to condone the conduct because I loathe John Terry but does anyone else not think that it is scary that a man can be prosecuted criminally for what he says on the pitch/by insulting another player?   The whole concept it absurd.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Brandon

Quote from: LordNelson on October 26, 2011, 08:12:12 PM
Not to condone the conduct because I loathe John Terry but does anyone else not think that it is scary that a man can be prosecuted criminally for what he says on the pitch/by insulting another player?   The whole concept it absurd.

As an American, I had no idea this was possible. You can't force an ignorant person to change their heart by making it illegal to express their feelings. At least if they can express their feelings you can identify their ignorance and know what type of person they are. I loathe Terry as much as anyone for many reasons, but locking him up for something he said? Scary.

TheDaddy

I think you will find Terry was offering some gear  his dad had on his hands...four ounces of black cool !!!

Will put the FA to shame if they continue there stances in supporting the twit
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "