News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz To Star Against Twente? (Triple merged thread with Ollie and ER's)

Started by White Noise, November 30, 2011, 10:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Inside Track

Wednesday 30th November 2011

The top two teams in Group K of the UEFA Europa League meet in Holland on Thursday evening when Martin Jol's Fulham team challenge FC Twente.

The Dutch side have already booked their place in the Round of 32 and one man who knows more that most about Thursday's opponents is Bryan Ruiz.

The Costa Rican international, who joined Fulham from Twente on transfer deadline day, is not eligible to play against his former side but he was able to offer an insight on what his team-mates will be up against at De Grolsch Veste.

"I think they will play very offensive because when Twente plays at home, they normally do that," Ruiz told fulhamfc.com. "They will try to press us and try to keep the ball, that's one of the qualities Twente has.

"I think we can win the game but we have to be really focused, defend well and also keep the ball when we have it. I think for sure we'll have chances so we have to convert the chances we create.

"We have to take care of Nacer Chadli, Luuk De Jong and Ola John and also Emir Bajrami – if those players play they are very good. Twente are not having the best season but they are doing well in the Europa League, they know that they are through – but they will like to finish well.

"The Fulham supporters will help, when we have the supporters behind us we get extra motivation so, for sure it will help the players."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/RuizonTwente.aspx#ixzz1fBVHKNYa

Sector9

Quote from: White Noise on November 30, 2011, 10:49:37 AM

The Costa Rican international, who joined Fulham from Twente on transfer deadline day, is not eligible to play against his former side but he was able to offer an insight on what his team-mates will be up against at De Grolsch Veste.

No but hopefully he'll be spilling all the secrets!

DevonFFC

Fulham manager Martin Jol is planning to make changes for the trip to face his former side FC Twente.

Jol - who played for the Dutch side between 1979 and 1982 - will definitely be without Clint Dempsey and Chris Baird.

Forward Dempsey has a thigh problem while defender Baird is out due to personal reasons.

Jol said: "Twente have developed into a very good club. It is getting bigger and bigger and are getting results."

Steve Sidwell remains out with a hernia injury, but Orlando Sa, Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly are all available while Bryan Ruiz could features against the side he left to join the Cottagers in the summer.

Fulham are three points adrift of Twente and need all three points to draw level with the Dutch club, who are unbeaten in this season's competition and have already qualified.

"Thursday will be our 27th game of the season but FC Twente have played a lot of games as well," Jol added.

"I'm in favour of a winter break but it's impossible in England. We're working fine and our injury problems are not dramatic. I'm quite satisfied."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15867389.stm

Pretty sure numerous people have pointed out he cannot play???

epsomraver

Fulham manager Martin Jol is planning to make changes for the trip to face his former side FC Twente.

Jol - who played for the Dutch side between 1979 and 1982 - will definitely be without Clint Dempsey and Chris Baird.

Forward Dempsey has a thigh problem while defender Baird is out due to personal reasons.

Jol said: "Twente have developed into a very good club. It is getting bigger and bigger and are getting results."

Steve Sidwell remains out with a hernia injury, but Orlando Sa, Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly are all available while Bryan Ruiz could features against the side he left to join the Cottagers in the summer.

Fulham are three points adrift of Twente and need all three points to draw level with the Dutch club, who are unbeaten in this season's competition and have already qualified.

"Thursday will be our 27th game of the season but FC Twente have played a lot of games as well," Jol added.

"I'm in favour of a winter break but it's impossible in England. We're working fine and our injury problems are not dramatic. I'm quite satisfied.

Burt

What's Jol talking about? Be a shame to be kicked out of the competition for fielding an ineligible (sp...?) player.

alfie

Quote from: Burt on December 01, 2011, 12:53:14 PM
What's Jol talking about? Be a shame to be kicked out of the competition for fielding an ineligible (sp...?) player.

I am not sure that is part of Jol's comments, if you look at the quote marks seems like journo adding bit on
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't