News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Swansea match thoughts, what does it mean...(merged threads)

Started by RidgeRider, December 06, 2011, 01:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Just looked at their results this year and they have only lost one match at home this season a 0-1 loss to United. Getting points there won't be easy, they have three draws and three wins at home.

They are 14th on the form table (D W D L D L) and we are 15th (L W L D D W).

They are coming off a bit of a thrashing at the hands of Blackburn so lets hope their 4 match winless streak continues. :)

HatterDon

They are a brilliant footballing side that often plays two orthodox wingers. Riise is going to have his hands full for certain.

Swansea away is no walk in the park. If we get something from this game, I'll be more impressed than I was with our point at The Emirates.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

They are a good side and I would be happy to get a point out of this game.
Fulham for life!

cebu

I'd take a draw right now and I suspect Jol would too.   092.gif

ClarksOriginal

I'm trekking all the way down there so I hope we come back with at least something!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

AlFayedsChequebook

As sure as night follows day, we will lose on Saturday.

People on here will be screaming blue murder again.

But the thing is, there is no shame in losing to Swansea at the liberty stadium. They have been excellent there this season. I would be delighted with a point. If we get all three then I will run down Putney High Street naked.

Basil

Good that Allen is suspended and Graham injured (I think). Two keys players out for them and can't imagine their squad runs that deep.

McBridefan1

and kick them out of their own park. We have done this all season played well at the arse, lost to chelsea on pens, beat the pool boys and the man city miracle... but lose to stoke city and wolves albeit away. Maybe this is overstated but I think this game against swans is very important if we win the boys will be confident and roll the rest of the season, if we draw or god forbid lose we might hit another skid...  bang head and yes our heads against the wall.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: McBridefan1 on December 06, 2011, 04:56:48 PM
and kick them out of their own park. We have done this all season played well at the arse, lost to chelsea on pens, beat the pool boys and the man city miracle... but lose to stoke city and wolves albeit away. Maybe this is overstated but I think this game against swans is very important if we win the boys will be confident and roll the rest of the season, if we draw or god forbid lose we might hit another skid...  bang head and yes our heads against the wall.

Not sure.

Swansea are very good at home. We cannot expect to rock up and beat them. I would take a point right now.

McBridefan1

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 06, 2011, 04:59:46 PM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on December 06, 2011, 04:56:48 PM

Not sure.

Swansea are very good at home. We cannot expect to rock up and beat them. I would take a point right now.

sadly that will probably be our game plan... I say go for it, we need the win to get us really moving up the table... we played the arse on their pitch never having won their previously and we nearly took the three... I'm not saying it is easy to play at swansea but jolly should have them up for it the way they have been versus the "big" clubs. Inconsistancy = mediocrity ... we have a great collection of ball players, let them play.

BalDrick

I haven't seen them yet this season but we seem to be - once again - a team that plays really well against decent sides that play football and gash against teams that play, well let's call it rugby league with 11 men. But the confidence has got to be good in the camp now hasn't it?

I have a suspicion there may have been clear the air talks yesterday morning, a lot of players did seem to be playing without the weight of the world on their shoulders, with one exception but I think he's headed for the exit anyway.

Swansea will have watched last night's game I'd imagine and will be a little concerned - we more than matched one of the form teams in the league, and for a promoted team that has to be a concern. And it's pretty well acknowledged these days we are no longer the easy touch we have been in away games. Suspect Swansea would take a draw right now if offered.

The other thing about this game is, if we can win it, we will go above QPR - and I can't see 'King Kenny's lot getting beaten by them.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

Stick with the 3 behind a striker and those three being Dempsey-Dembele-Ruiz and I dont see how we can be as negative as we have been in previous away games.
If he plays AJ & BZ together then more of the same from previous games.

dancrawford

Swansea can't be taken lightly. They have been fantastic at home this season, but the fact that they get the ball down and like to play could work in our favour. Like others have suggested, I'd take the point if it was offered to me now but I believe we can go there and get something.

We've been steadily improving away from home and if the Ruiz-Dempsey-Dembele axis fires then we should create a few chances. Really looking forward to it.

os5889

Bump, should probably merger with thoughts of Mcbridefan1

McBridefan1

Quote from: MJG on December 06, 2011, 05:16:16 PM
Stick with the 3 behind a striker and those three being Dempsey-Dembele-Ruiz and I dont see how we can be as negative as we have been in previous away games.
If he plays AJ & BZ together then more of the same from previous games.

it definitely gets bodies forward, it would be nice.

os5889

Swanseas results at home, most recent on top

Swansea 0-1 Man United
Swansea 0-0 Aston Villa
Swansea 3-1 Bolton
Swansea 2-0 Stoke
Swansea 3-0 West Brom
Swansea 0-0 Sunderland
Swansea 0-0 Wigan

P7 W3 D3 L1

Scored 8 Conceded 2

This is not an easy game, they are the Fulham of the west at home. If we get a point Ill be happy right now.

How many are we taking I know I am in a party of 3....

McBridefan1

You're all a bunch of Joe Kennedy defeatists... really? happy with a point... that's one hell of a pep talk... ok boys let's go up there and... not lose. 093.gif    come on this team has real potential. We never in our history won at the arse and the boys nearly nicked it, how would a point from the Swans be even on a par with that? Of course they are a good team, so why can't we win away against a good team? It could all come together very nicely at swansea city, confidence would be immense. but asking a fulham team to go on the road and play positive football is like asking pigs to  079.gif  Oh well I suppose I shall be happy with a point if they play anything close to the way they have been.

McBridefan1

Quote from: os5889 on December 06, 2011, 05:27:17 PM

Swansea 0-1 Man United
Swansea 0-0 Aston Villa
Swansea 3-1 Bolton
Swansea 2-0 Stoke
Swansea 3-0 West Brom
Swansea 0-0 Sunderland
Swansea 0-0 Wigan

P7 W3 D3 L1

Scored 8 Conceded 2

This is not an easy game, they are the Fulham of the west at home. If we get a point Ill be happy right now.

here's what I see 0-0 with sunderland, wigan and the villains... if we are to seperate ourselves from that herd it is time to push on. So what happened to bolton stoke and west brom? They went up to swansea to ... not lose. Once we start believing we can win any game then they will.

os5889

I think as well the way Swansea play is much akin to ours we both retai the ball quite well. I think they are more fluent however up top and we are more fluent defensively.

If Swansea keep hold of the ball I fancy a 0-0 as our defence and their attack may counter itself out.

The key battle is Dyer V Riise for me. Having seen Dyer a lot (and played against him when I lived in Southampton) I can say he's one quick and balanced pocket rocket, a stronger SWP if you like....  

As such I think playing 4-4-2 would be a must, the pressure is on Swansea to get a result so I expect them to be more pressing and Riise will need defensive help. As such Briggs and Frei would not be in my mind starters as they aren't very adept at tracking back or defending from midfield. I've been impressed with Dembele defensively so he could be a good choice on the left.

If Riise and his midfield partner can Dyer in check we have a chance.

Centrally Dixon with whoever, I suppose Gecov would be the obvious choice, though Sidwell or Dembele could play there and Ruiz play on the left..

On the other wing we have Sinclair and Taylor, both quick and nippy, as such I wouldnt play Baird even if he's over his personal problems (flashbacks of Lennon  :dft004:) and would stick with Kelly and play Duff if fit on the right.

As for up top Dempsey behind Zamora for me.

os5889

Quote from: McBridefan1 on December 06, 2011, 05:35:40 PM
Quote from: os5889 on December 06, 2011, 05:27:17 PM

Swansea 0-1 Man United
Swansea 0-0 Aston Villa
Swansea 3-1 Bolton
Swansea 2-0 Stoke
Swansea 3-0 West Brom
Swansea 0-0 Sunderland
Swansea 0-0 Wigan

P7 W3 D3 L1

Scored 8 Conceded 2

here's what I see 0-0 with sunderland, wigan and the villains... if we are to seperate ourselves from the herd it is time to push on. So what happened to bolton stok and west brom? They went up to swansea to ... not lose. Once we start believing we can win any game then they will.

To be fair at the time of the Wigan game wigan had drawn their first game and were playing well and Sunderland had just drawn with Liverpool.

I think if the Swans had played either at home in the last few weeks it would have been a 3-0 home win. In both thos 0-0 I believe they hit the woodwork 8 times and had 3 efforts cleared off the line. They should have won them. As a Swansea boy I have watched all their games as with Fulhams, the first few results I will put down to premiership nerves. It'll be tough make no mistake, but I think we can get something from the game.

However, the need to push on and differentiate ourselves is a view also shared by the Swans, as a season progresses the quality increases.

I think we've been playing at a level that is above our position, if we'd taken beaten Everton and drawn with Spurs as I feel we could and should have we'd be 8th.

I dont think we need to push on, we just need to keep it up.

Our last 6

Fulham 1-0 Liverpool
Fulham 1-1 Arsenal - Damn you Verminator
Fulham 0-0 Sunderland - Dempsey had  great chance, we played well
Fulham 1-3 Tottenham - Gave Spurs a heck of a game, they are 11 unbeaten (10 wins 1 draw) and if not for Friedel, who knows...
Fulham 2-0 Wigan - Job done
Fulham 1-3 Everton - Zamora scores and well....

With a bit of luck that would have been 6 wins. That said its 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats, hardly terrible.....

On watching back all of those games I wouldnt say we were poor in any of them except Wigan and we only went and bloody won.

The negativity on this board eh. I've gone all Blingo I telll you!