News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why did the Suarez giving the finger article get locked?

Started by michaelread, December 07, 2011, 03:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelread

Curious, its a big thing happening around our club, and the presence of one person has taken a potentially good thread down the drain.

He's definitely worth keeping around though, right mods?  fp.gif

Im taking a week off. Can't stand the inconsistencies at the moment.

Logicalman

I locked it in response to fact the thread had got off from Suarez and onto personal abuse.

I had the choice of taking out all posts that weren't relevant or lock the thread. If you want to start a thread that stays on point, that might be better, but the moment personalities start getting into the act then it becomes more like the offal.

michaelread

Quote from: Logicalman on December 07, 2011, 04:02:12 PM

I locked it in response to fact the thread had got off from Suarez and onto personal abuse.

gee, wonder how that happened.

sipwell

Too easy to be trolled, michael. Too easy to be trolled. Don't force yourself into holiday because of one poster. You'd better prepare a thread as to why your national Mark Schwarzer needs to remain the Fulham goalkeeper until he is 55. Go on then, write it!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

michaelread

Quote from: sipwell on December 07, 2011, 04:42:33 PM
Too easy to be trolled, michael. Too easy to be trolled. Don't force yourself into holiday because of one poster. You'd better prepare a thread as to why your national Mark Schwarzer needs to remain the Fulham goalkeeper until he is 55. Go on then, write it!

I'm not trolled at all, I know exactly what he is doing. I don't like how his presence kills threads that have good potential. Everything involving him devolves into a fight.

My issue isn't with him, it's with the seeming inactivity of the mods, and his obvious wind up behaviour,  and that he is somewhat exempt from criticism. Plenty of posters on this board have made it clear that this certain poster makes their time at FoF less enjoyable. To me, I see that as an issue. I'm having a rest for a week or so to get away from it.

Plus I also am going on a boozer for the weekend up to Byron Bay, but thats got nothing to do with it ;)

Jimpav

Have a good week off mate.

Maybe we can all decamp to a Liverpool forum and wax lyrical about all things Fulham and Roy Hodgson, I'm sure we will receive a warm welcome.

BalDrick

Quote from: Jimpav on December 07, 2011, 04:51:40 PM

Maybe we can all decamp to a Liverpool forum and wax lyrical about all things Fulham and Roy Hodgson, I'm sure we will receive a warm welcome.

Not to mention the Paul Konchevsky appreciation corner!

If we're talking about who I think we're talking about, while I haven't yet found him (or her, I have no idea) annoying, being an FFC fan is kind of rule #1 for being on this board isn't it? Like I said though, I haven't found him annoying yet, possibly because I haven't been looking at the right threads, so I'm not going to start a witch hunt bar saying what I have above about being a Fulham fan, which he clearly isn't.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Jack Fulham

I don't have an issue with Pata. He is defending his club as we'd do ours. Why he comes on this board I do  not know because he gets a fair bit of abuse. I find most his posts reasonable even though I may not agree with them.

Logicalman

Jack, you and Jimpav seemed to have hit the nail on the head.

It is unfortunate that some valuable members here do have a distinct hatred for this member, though the same was not directed towards other non-fulham members here, and some of that may well be due to this poster wanting to defend himself when attacked, whether fairly or not.

The issue appears to be that michealread doesn't believe the mods are doing their job, as such, I find his comments offensive, especially as it was comments having little to with the thread and more to do with personal attacks that got the thread locked. This is reminiscent of the offal, an MB where some members thrive on abuse and bullying.

IF a member oversteps the mark he or she will get warnings, they are not made public, though all mods are informed, but are often more effective and if not, then bans can be subsequently imposed. Again, unlike other places, dirty washing is not something to be observed by all and sundry.

As RidgeRider constantly points out, there is a way to ignore other members post, the simple way to deal with issues. If a member does have a very real issue with another member then complain to the mods, via PM. No complaint is ignored and is fully discussed and the majority opinion observed, all complaints are answered as well, perhaps the author of this thread should take that method and lay out his grievances and give the mods a chance to explain, rather than attack them openly.

I hope that this draws a line underneath this issue, and await the expected PMs with justifiable grievances to flow in.

FatFreddysCat

To be fair to MR Reid, i think he is only defending others that are upset by Pata, perhaps having a go at the mods is a bit much, but as you know i and a good few others will celebrate  :wine: when the person in question is finally removed. HD, Finny, Michael Read all having a break, Epsom thinking along those lines. Perhaps if you all had a days holiday and left me head honcho for the day  :015:

LBNo11

...if any of you think that the mods have been inactive behind the scenes over this matter after all we have done in the past then I am disappointed.

Some of you think I am a fair and patient person, I have handled literally hundreds of complaints since 2008 and doubt that any (except for two) were left unresolved and with all parties able to sort their differences and live in harmony.

The person targeted by people who already have him on the ignore facility - I know because I installed that setting on certain members accounts myself - have to click another button to view any comments from an ignored poster - so why then do so if you know it will upset you?

This site is called Friends Of Fulham, and the poster, unbeknownst to many, actively promotes Fulham FC to foreign visitors and websites in other countries as a friendly, tolerant club based on his personal experiences as someone who lives in London and pays his own money to watch Fulham play, and not just against one team in particular.

In my eyes that makes him a friend of Fulham, sad others, personal friends, and good mates do not/will not see that. I will, and have, defended many of those members unhappy with a particular poster over all sorts of issues in the past, I would hope you respect my opinion on this and just exercise your right to ignore anyone that upsets your personal sensibilities, even if I have to be added...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ImperialWhite

For the sake of argument: I enjoyed sparring with Pata.

Who cares that he's a Scouser? He's wrong, we're right, can't we just enjoy our rightful place on the moral high ground?  :005:

FatFreddysCat

Sometimes a sacrifice must be made to keep the masses happy. Yep he's on my ignore, but just seeing his name makes me see White (i refuse to mention his colour  :015: ). Some good  FULHAM posters are being lost, for the good of FOF i think it would be better if he went. In the Mods i trust (even if you might take longer to act than most of us), i will never let him drive me out, but i cant promise not to get banned over him. Let peace one day return along with the MIA to FOF. COYWS.

Berserker

Do you moderators delete chucks out of posts as sometime i go back to read something and it's disappeared? its either that or i'm losing it big time!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LBNo11

Quote from: Jimpav on December 07, 2011, 04:51:40 PM

...and to respond to another well respected and valued member, I think that if you went on a Liverpool message board and declared yourself to be a Fulham fan you will probably find you are treated with respect and get some friendly banter as they know that Fulham fans have 'class' and are usually fair and understanding of history - if you get one or two having a 'go' then it is no different from what Pata has endured on here - and if you get abuse from all corners you have found the Liverpool equivalent of the offal - not FoF...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 07, 2011, 11:26:58 PM

Who cares that he's a Scouser? He's wrong, we're right, can't we just enjoy our rightful place on the moral high ground?  :005:
You looney leftie Liberal types even love Red Scousers  :046:  :hook:  :015:

LBNo11

Quote from: Berserker on December 07, 2011, 11:46:33 PM
Do you moderators delete chucks out of posts as sometime i go back to read something and it's disappeared? its either that or i'm losing it big time!

...this rarely happens Berserker, usually you can find previous posts using the search facility (if you remember key words or who the poster was), yes we do sometimes have to delete or lock posts, but this is certainly not a regular occurrence...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 07, 2011, 11:54:34 PM

Yeah, 'cos you right wingers can't hack an argument!

:hook:

098.gif

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 07, 2011, 11:59:25 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 07, 2011, 11:54:34 PM

Yeah, 'cos you right wingers can't hack an argument!

:hook:

098.gif
No we just get very gently pushed over by ticket touts  fp.gif

LBNo11

...on Monday all six touts I encountered had London accents...