more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Winter Season - FOF's January Transfer Thread 2012

Started by Mr Fulham, December 13, 2011, 08:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Quote from: elgreenio on December 15, 2011, 05:05:20 PM
should also say i'd love to see us use our new coach to bring some of the PSV youngsters in, his name escapes me

Jefta Bresser.

And we desparately need a winger.

finnster01

He's gay
He's bent
His arse is up for rent
Darren Bent, Darren Bent...

Will never happen though unfortunately
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr Fulham

Wait a minute, can we move that discussion to our new Winter Transfer Thread?  092.gif

Burt

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 15, 2011, 08:40:51 PM
Wait a minute, can we move that discussion to our new Winter Transfer Thread?  092.gif

Where's it gone?

Burt

Burt

Whatever happens with Bobby, we definately need more poke up front. Take out our 6-goal haul v QPR and we've been useless up front.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Burt on December 15, 2011, 09:31:01 PM

Where's it gone?
Merged with my pooing my self thread.

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 16, 2011, 12:40:53 AM
Quote from: Burt on December 15, 2011, 09:31:01 PM

Where's it gone?
Merged with my pooing my self thread.

Stop it!!!  :dft012:

elgreenio

Gregory Van der Wiel has agreed a 5 year deal with Valencia, clubs close to agreeing a fee.

Eduardo Vargas on his way to Napoli also for around €14m, going to make it even harder for Chelsea to get through in the champs league.
touch my camera through the fence

Lighthouse

Agree that our Number One priority is a striker and a good back up even if BZ and AJ stay. BZ will never find the fitness he had a few seasons ago before the leg break. AJ may or may not sign a contract. Sa is Sa and a back up player. So forget about full backs and midfield players. A striker is a must and has been for years. But we just keep missing out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SG

Surely the biggest priority is somebody to replace Murphy. Not necessarily this season but someone who can take that on progressively over the next 12 months. Who the hell that could be and what he would cost though is another matter.

bulgariawhite

I for one am not looking forward to the January transfer window. All indications are that we will have more players leaving than coming in. I can accept the fans attitudes to Zamora at the moment and the fact that Johnson will not accept the contract offered by the club. However the board have to consider taking money now for a prime asset rather than just let it go for free. Zamora has always been a Jeklyl and hide and Johnson has maybe one more swan song. Forget what we have done to support the players through injury and resurrecting careers. The days of loyalty to a club left years ago. The last player we nursed and was loyal was Chris Coleman and he did in my mind repay us with enthusiasm and appreciation.

Life has to move on. If we have made any money out of Europe as a club I would be very surprised this season. We are Fulham. I feel sure as fans we would love some home silverware, such as the FA Cup, Carling Cup. Lets face it we have enjoyed our European Experiences it is a great achievement for a club so friendly and small. If we have a domestic cup run and win a trophy we can have it all again. Fulham Fans would love to go to Wembley and watch a final like I did in 1975, that to me is what we need as fans at the moment.

We will never attract big names in the transfer market but we are developing a more youthful squad under MJ, it would appear that this is a board mandate. I think it is the right way. We will not get relegated this season we have too much experienced and players who do wear the shirt with pride. At this moment we have enough young players coming through that just need palying time to finish the apprenticeships. If we are going to buy then lets buy young with some experience, such as Sinclair, Dyer, Moses, for this window and hope that the unrest will at least be arrested by the enthusiasm of youth and a good FA Cup run

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: bulgariawhite on December 19, 2011, 12:38:01 PM
I for one am not looking forward to the January transfer window. All indications are that we will have more players leaving than coming in. I can accept the fans attitudes to Zamora at the moment and the fact that Johnson will not accept the contract offered by the club. However the board have to consider taking money now for a prime asset rather than just let it go for free. Zamora has always been a Jeklyl and hide and Johnson has maybe one more swan song. Forget what we have done to support the players through injury and resurrecting careers. The days of loyalty to a club left years ago. The last player we nursed and was loyal was Chris Coleman and he did in my mind repay us with enthusiasm and appreciation.

Life has to move on. If we have made any money out of Europe as a club I would be very surprised this season. We are Fulham. I feel sure as fans we would love some home silverware, such as the FA Cup, Carling Cup. Lets face it we have enjoyed our European Experiences it is a great achievement for a club so friendly and small. If we have a domestic cup run and win a trophy we can have it all again. Fulham Fans would love to go to Wembley and watch a final like I did in 1975, that to me is what we need as fans at the moment.

We will never attract big names in the transfer market but we are developing a more youthful squad under MJ, it would appear that this is a board mandate. I think it is the right way. We will not get relegated this season we have too much experienced and players who do wear the shirt with pride. At this moment we have enough young players coming through that just need palying time to finish the apprenticeships. If we are going to buy then lets buy young with some experience, such as Sinclair, Dyer, Moses, for this window and hope that the unrest will at least be arrested by the enthusiasm of youth and a good FA Cup run

Welcome to FOF Bulgaria White!

Very good points there too.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

I agree with Mr BugariaWhite.

We don't have the pedigree or the pulling power or the finances to pull in big-name players.

Going for us are our manager (credible, well connected), our location (London is better than other places I can think of) and our stability.

Beyond that, continuing to develop our younger players and investing wisely in up-and-coming players rather than established stars is important.

zzamora

Quote from: bulgariawhite on December 19, 2011, 12:38:01 PM

Sense. Pose. Quality.

On this basing, I think bulgariawhite might be FOF's biggest Jan signing  076.gif

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: fulham1234 on December 15, 2011, 04:06:37 PM
thinking we need a new striker and perhaps a right back! any thoughts?
Right back. Corluka off Spuds? Not being played, pretty good player.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

elgreenio

FFC In Oz

Wants:

Gignac
Maynard/similar unproven, hungry striker with a good pedigree in a lower/lesser division!
Noble (this must be the minimum standard that we target for someone to replace Murphy, has a good eye for a pass, a good engine, and can score a goal).

Fusili

Quote from: FFC In Oz on December 19, 2011, 02:47:33 PM
Wants:

Gignac
Maynard/similar unproven, hungry striker with a good pedigree in a lower/lesser division!
Noble (this must be the minimum standard that we target for someone to replace Murphy, has a good eye for a pass, a good engine, and can score a goal).

How about Rodellega from Wigan with decent service he'll score goals

elgreenio

Kris Boyd has just been released. Well he'll be free at least....   :002: