for / against

yes, i support the use of photography
30 (93.8%)
no, i don't support the use of photography
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

football_fan

good morning gentlemen!

i am a tottenham fan but, i'm not here for banta, trolling or any other form of anti-board behaviour.

as this BBC report suggests, the use of photography to decide certain criteria of matches could be used in the coming 2012/13 season.

what's your take? cheers!

SHADY1

come on here with the name Michael Jackson and you can moonwalk right off again ... ..
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Hello Feller
if it helps in any way I'm all for it :clap_hands:

Jimpav

Quote from: SHADY1 on December 15, 2011, 02:26:21 PM
come on here with the name Michael Jackson and you can moonwalk right off again ... ..

The Michael Jackson thing is because he only has one post.

ClarksOriginal

@sonikkicks on Twitter.

sipwell

I voted yes. By the way, keep your hands of Dembélé or FoF is going to find you! After all, admins dispose of your IP now. We will hunt you down and, after you have invited us in for a cup of tea, we will have a sip, spit it out and walk out shouting it is undrinkable. Your shame will be unbearable! :)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Goal line camera is a must. Cameras deciding anything else I am not so keen on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

football_fan

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 15, 2011, 02:32:52 PM
Hello Feller
if it helps in any way I'm all for it :clap_hands:

cheers for the input mate.

i have been in contact with boards across europe with this question as it effects us all, reguadless of the team that you support. i will post the results as soon as they are ready.

at the moment, england's teams are more in favour of this move but, i am only about a 1/4 of the way through each league thus far.

anyway yeah, cheers for the input!

TonyGilroy

Let the 4th (or a 5th) official have all the technology available and leave him free to intervene whenever he likes or be consulted by the on field ref.

Let's get more decisions right and eliminate the howlers.

football_fan

ah, sorry lads. cheers everyone

aussierod

My preference would be the 5 officials with regards to goal line decisions and also provides more angles on things such as penalty decisions. I would like the referee to use these officials more often as I don't think they are being used correctly. The referee should use the official closest to the action instead of always using the linesmen, and even consult with all 3 if necessary. I just don't like the stop start of video analysis and also as it has the potential to be used for too many things, eg review penalties decisions, off-sides etc and then players may ask for a referral system whereby they can suggest analysis for a referee's decision (eg incorrect red card, linesmans decision, penalty or free-kick decisions etc etc). In a really perverse way, I somewhat like that a match can be affected by the judgement/indecision of a referee. Dembele's red was completely frustrating but it was a decision made (and possibly a cause in use being knocked out of Europe) however it is a discussion point and the players felt aggrevied about it and corrected that by trying to kick lumps out of Nunez a few weeks later
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

SHADY1

Thats ok then ... i'm in  .... for what i've not worked out yet
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

finnster01

Quote from: Jimpav on December 15, 2011, 02:34:30 PM
Quote from: SHADY1 on December 15, 2011, 02:26:21 PM

The Michael Jackson thing is because he only has one post.

Are you sure?  :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

finnster01

I am more in favour of video technology than photography myself. But then we have always been a couple of steps ahead of you lot at WHL
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

HatterDon

video and still photographs of good looking women at the matches would improve things. It would also be good to photograph the 315 officials at Europa League matches and see whether any of them are earning a living at any time during the 90 minutes.

Hope I've been helpful
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

zzamora

While we'll at it, why not get a few snaps of Kyle Walker on the ground with a football in his hands?

football_fan

cheers for the input guys. you have been really helpful! the poll is nearly completed so the results should be up by next weekend.

good luck this season!

Logicalman

Interesting read. I voted yes, though I'm still a stick-in-the-mud about keeping the game original.

The idea that the cameras can make decisions in 1 second and relay that to the ref via a watch signal is intriguing as well as overcoming the human-factor problem (whether it be a fifth official or (as in rugby) the video ref, as the game cannot be permitted to continue if a goal was, in fact, scored, but we don't want to stop the game every time there is a goal claim (the red poo team would have a field day).