News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

why I think a year off from Europe would be good for us...

Started by Tktd, March 25, 2010, 02:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

I believe that next season would be a lot better for us in terms of league position and also Carling and F.A cup competitions if we just focused on the home comforts.

I believe that having seen our players do so well this season a season without europe with a few more summer additions could really help us make a statement.

I believe that whilst we have done exceptionally well on most fronts this season I think I'd like to see what we're capable of without having to worry about fatigue, injuries and extra suspensions etc that we incur from the Europa League.

I also believe that if we were left to focus on the premiership we would seriously be able to compete for a Europa league place for the year after! I think at the momet due to our resources being limited in terms of quantity and quality we're proving to be stretched and I believe we could really struggle in the last 10 games of the season!

I think the top players we have here at the moment too don't seem to be in a rush to move on and I think if we let them have a season to reflect, soak in what happened this season in europe and also learn from it then they'd be a lot more confident going into the season after.

I also think that being a world cup year , to be playing in Europe may be one step to far for players like Dempsey and Schwarzer etc and I think although it may prove to be easier because the teams in the Europa league will all be struggling more then us I think due to the numbers of players who've played in thir teams and the world cup , I don't see the damage of us being able to take a year off...

2 steps back to make 1 proper step forward- what do you guys think?

Whiteroom

You talk as if we have been in Europe for ages and we could really do with a year out to consolidate. I think that this year in Europe has been brilliant, not only for the team, but also for the club. I think that the players have really relished the challenge of playing more games and playing different teams. I remember an interview with Zamora where he was asked about playing more games and he said that when you are at the top that is what you have to expect. I totally agree. If we have got any ambition then we should welcome as much football, in as many competitions as we can. What we should do, with the prospect of more European football, is broaden our squad. I know that we are not extremely rich, but as Roy has shown, you don't need to spent too much on either wages or transfer fees to get a quality player who will gel with the team. More European football please.

AlFayedsChequebook

I would be delighted to get into the Europa league through the 'back door' next season for another European run. Whilst the idea of consolidating is fair enough in theory, getting into europe raises our profile and helps us land better players.

I can't help but think that next year may be Roy's last with the club, which would be a great shame. We need to capitalise on our opportunities now!

FatFreddysCat

You've got to be Kidding, this Europa campaign has been one of the best things i've ever seen at Fulham, only Tigana's promotion year beats it. Please please loads more European tours.

lamby

Rubbish.

I think it has really helped the squad. Take 2 examples.
1) Gera. Last year he was in and out. When he got his opportunity it was 5-10 minutes at the end and could not get any form. This year he has had proper game time and we are now seeing what he is capable of doing.

2)Smalling. Without Europa he probably would not have had many minutes - Baird probably would have gotten the CB position if Hangeland/Huges ever got injured. He gets game time. ManU buy him. We are £14m richer.

bobby01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 25, 2010, 03:45:15 PM
You've got to be Kidding, this Europa campaign has been one of the best things i've ever seen at Fulham, only Tigana's promotion year beats it. Please please loads more European tours.
:045: :045: :045: :045:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 25, 2010, 03:45:15 PM

Mr Fred is spot on. And I bet you never went on any away trip in Europe. Try it, they are bloody brilliant :045: :045:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

blingo

Tkd I will ask you again after we have won the Europa league cup.

bigalffc

Aren't we still in the running for next season via the fair play league?
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

NorfolkJim

My credit card could do with a year off Europe, thats for sure