more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

danny murphy gone

Started by fulhamthroughandthrough, May 06, 2012, 01:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Joanna Murphy‏@joannataylormum

Danny says he was overwhelmed by the reception he got today, very unexpected & he is still hopeful of sorting out his contract.

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: White Noise on May 06, 2012, 08:33:29 PM

Danny says he was overwhelmed by the reception he got today, very unexpected & he is still hopeful of sorting out his contract.

sounds ominous but then i am a pessimist.

SG

White Noise

Quote from: SG on May 06, 2012, 08:47:13 PM
Quote from: White Noise on May 06, 2012, 08:24:21 PM
Jol seems to have a fairly dismissive attitude to his older players -

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Fulham-not-rushing-to-re-sign-Danny-Murphy-gambling-few-other-clubs-will-want-35-year-old-free-agent-article887006.html

Its in the Mirror and talks up Andy johnson - i certainly wouldn't take a lot of notice of that

The article is a month old but these are direct quotes from Jol that I personally think are quite illuminating about the current strategy -

The Dutchman said: "If we had young players with two months left it would be awful, because other clubs could take them.

"We are taking a gamble - I don't think there will be a club offering millions for our older players.

"There is always transfer value for young players, so you have to protect your club. So that is what we did with Frei, for example, and what we are trying to do with Alex."

A month later it should be noted that Kaca is a young player with only two months left on his contract and has yet to sign a new one.

sunburywhite

I am lead to believe Danny wants a two year contract but Fulham are only offering one year

I love the man to the ends of the world but I dont think he can play at the top level for another two years so will he accept a one year contract. Who would giv him two years at the highet level? I cant see anyone doing that
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 06, 2012, 09:46:18 PM
I am lead to believe Danny wants a two year contract but Fulham are only offering one year

I love the man to the ends of the world but I dont think he can play at the top level for another two years so will he accept a one year contract. Who would giv him two years at the highet level? I cant see anyone doing that
surely sensible, would be 1 year than then goes onto coaching role?

Berserker

Does he need coaching badges first, has he got them already? I'm not sure how becoming a coach works, can anybody explain?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

White Noise

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 06, 2012, 09:46:18 PM

On the face of it that would seem unlikely, given that the last contract he signed was for a year -

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/MurphySignsNewDeal.aspx

Far more likely surely that Fulham have started to play the Wenger/Arsenal game of when you get to 30 you only get a one year contract and that on much diminished terms with each succeeding contract.

dont stand me down

WN what's your gut feeling,Murphy will stay or go?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: fulhamaustin on May 06, 2012, 08:20:55 PM
Journos saying he has been offered reduced terms. I think that's a bit insulting to him, he is still and will continue to be an integral part of the way we play.

It's by no means an insult to offer him reduced terms. It's the only way I'd keep him.
We are not Chelsea and aren't run by old players like Terry or Lampard and Danny is 35 and reduced terms are the only possibility I'd keep him here. He's less important to the side than he was last season or the season before.

White Noise

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 06, 2012, 11:09:49 PM
Journos saying he has been offered reduced terms. I think that's a bit insulting to him, he is still and will continue to be an integral part of the way we play.

It's by no means an insult to offer him reduced terms. It's the only way I'd keep him.
We are not Chelsea and aren't run by old players like Terry or Lampard and Danny is 35 and reduced terms are the only possibility I'd keep him here. He's less important to the side than he was last season or the season before.

There are reduced terms and reduced terms though aren't there. Murphy is club Captain and plays every game when fit and has created by far the most scoring chances of any player in the team this season. That has a value and maybe the club are substantially undervaluing it. No-one likes to be taken for granted.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: White Noise on May 06, 2012, 11:21:18 PM

There are reduced terms and reduced terms though aren't there. Murphy is club Captain and plays every game when fit and has created by far the most scoring chances of any player in the team this season. That has a value and maybe the club are substantially undervaluing it. No-one likes to be taken for granted.

Key word is maybe. I really rate Mackintosh and we have to look at the facts: By the looks of it, Danny will be a bit-part-player next season. I'm very sure the club know exactly what he's worth. But I don't want to keep him just for the sake of it. Reduced terms are needed and it would be criminal and Chelsea-like to offer him even a pound more than what he deserves.

I want to keep him but it's a good thing that the club are not only offering a contract for the sake of it.

leonffc

Quote from: Berserker on May 06, 2012, 10:21:04 PM
Does he need coaching badges first, has he got them already? I'm not sure how becoming a coach works, can anybody explain?

I've asked this a few times. I've never heard of him studying for his badges. I know a lot of Arsenal youngsters have done their level 2 but whether they've done more I'm not sure. And whether Fulham put their players through is another matter.
For my level 2 I had to take 9 days off work. It may work a bit differently for a footballer as they are 'at work' anyway but level 3 (Uefa B) is even more time consuming, as are the rest as you go through the qualifications so I'm not sure if Danny would have found the time yet.

BalDrick

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on May 06, 2012, 08:36:05 PM
Quote from: White Noise on May 06, 2012, 08:33:29 PM

sounds ominous but then i am a pessimist.

That doesn't read remotely ominous to me?

I like her line about it being emotional seeing Danny and their kids.

Quote from: dont stand me down on May 06, 2012, 10:31:43 PM
WN what's your gut feeling,Murphy will stay or go?

If it's of any interest, my feeling is he's very unlikely to leave. He doesn't want to, clearly his wife doesn't either and one would have to assume the club want him to stay. And hopefully move into coaching at some stage.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

White Noise

So if everyone is on the same page why has he not signed and why won't Jol say anything?

BalDrick

Quote from: White Noise on May 07, 2012, 12:14:03 PM
So if everyone is on the same page why has he not signed and why won't Jol say anything?

Don't know - can only assume both parties have other, more pressing calls on their time, like the football season. Hope to goodness I'm not wrong but I'm not remotely concerned about him leaving and don't intend to spend any time worrying about it.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

RidgeRider

Quote from: White Noise on May 07, 2012, 12:14:03 PM

Its probably just a negotiation on terms and wages and this point. Players will want to maximize and teams will want to not over pay. Let's hope they are just going back and forth.

cebu

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 06, 2012, 11:37:54 PM

Key word is maybe. I really rate Mackintosh and we have to look at the facts: By the looks of it, Danny will be a bit-part-player next season. I'm very sure the club know exactly what he's worth. But I don't want to keep him just for the sake of it. Reduced terms are needed and it would be criminal and Chelsea-like to offer him even a pound more than what he deserves.

I want to keep him but it's a good thing that the club are not only offering a contract for the sake of it.

I'm really with Mr Fulham on this one. I'm a huge fan of Danny, but he will start playing only a supporting role in the near future and it's normal for that to be reflected in the remuneration.

White Noise

Quote from: cebu on May 07, 2012, 06:19:09 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 06, 2012, 11:37:54 PM

I'm really with Mr Fulham on this one. I'm a huge fan of Danny, but he will start playing only a supporting role in the near future and it's normal for that to be reflected in the remuneration.

Not disagreeing with that but there are degrees of change and I think it would be a shame if a player who has given so much to the club and who Jol has said this season is central to what we do was driven from the club by a derisory offer.