watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

danny murphy gone

Started by fulhamthroughandthrough, May 06, 2012, 01:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamthroughandthrough

provocative headline but if his wifes twitter is anything to go by...i love that man, most important player for us.

RidgeRider

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on May 06, 2012, 01:57:14 AM
provocative headline but if his wifes twitter is anything to go by...i love that man, most important player for us.

I've just read the same but didn't get what you are getting. She said they love Fulham, when asked, and thats about it.

I also noticed she was whining about mobile reception at some wedding and what an oversight it was by organizers to book a wedding where mobile reception was bad.  :58: I think that is exactly what one should do to get people off their mobiles!

leonffc

Well..... What exactly did she say?

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: leonffc on May 06, 2012, 08:11:32 AM
Well..... What exactly did she say?
she said that danny is not retiring but that today will be very emotianal at the Cottage...sounds ominous

dont stand me down

Can someone just not tweet her and say does that mean he's going?do they answer questions?If we let Danny go I think its a mistake.

Blingo

At some stage DM has to retire and we need to get new blood in so whether it is now or next season, the fact is that it has to happen.

dont stand me down

Agreed but its still fairly obvious to most of us that Murphy still has a fair amount to give.

Blingo

The problem is that he will slow down and become less effective. He struggles to play the full 90 at pace now. There is no doubt that he has been a great asset to us and for now continues to be so but the harsh reality is that age has caught up with him and MJ is slowly turning us into the outfit he wants us to be. Personally I would find his replacement and sign him asap in the new window and give him time with the team and tome to get used to the MJ system. DM has been fantastic for us but I feel that it is time for us to move forwards.

Mr Fulham

I really think he'll might be player-trainer next season. So it may be his last start as club captain and Fulham regular. Coaching staff anyone?

Reserve team coach as successor for Ray Lew?

TheDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 06, 2012, 12:31:51 PM
I really think he'll might be player-trainer next season. So it may be his last start as club captain and Fulham regular. Coaching staff anyone?

good shout, but player/coach :wink:

PokerMatt

Would be delighted DM as a player/coach. You can see the rest of the team listen to him as captain and the young players would take on anything he has to say as a coach I'm sure.

Then he could hand pick his own replacement from the youth ranks who we very much need.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mr Fulham

Quote from: TheDon on May 06, 2012, 12:56:00 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 06, 2012, 12:31:51 PM

good shout, but player/coach :wink:

Just read an article about Joe Bacuzzi, who was trainer at Fulham after his active career. Sorry, was back in the old days.

Burt

He had a great game today. Whilst he isn't getting any younger, he still has much to give, and has a huge influence on the side.

sipwell

Couldn't it be that "emotional" refers to him having to say goodbye to players alongside whom he played in the last couple of years (such as Dempsey, Dembélé, Etuhu, Baird and others). 'End of an era' kind of way but them leaving and not him.

(I added Dembélé but I am unsure he fits the description)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: sipwell on May 06, 2012, 06:24:56 PM
Couldn't it be that "emotional" refers to him having to say goodbye to players alongside whom he played in the last couple of years (such as Dempsey, Dembélé, Etuhu, Baird and others). 'End of an era' kind of way but them leaving and not him.

you've probably been asked this a million times mr.sipwell but do you think dembele will stay? whats the belgian angle on it?

sipwell

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on May 06, 2012, 06:28:33 PM

you've probably been asked this a million times mr.sipwell but do you think dembele will stay? whats the belgian angle on it?

No Belgian angle as of yet. Dembélé will stay up to the point where he gets a starting position at a 'bigger' club (playing European football & competing for the title).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Mr Fulham

re that "emotional" thing: His missus said this via twitter:
Joanna Murphy‏@joannataylormum

@marcgaustin haha that is because I always get emotional seeing the kids with Danny on the pitch as I was told I couldn't have kids.

Joanna Murphy‏@joannataylormum

@marcgaustin everyone put 2 & 2 together and made 5

I wouldn't read too much into that.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: sipwell on May 06, 2012, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on May 06, 2012, 06:28:33 PM

No Belgian angle as of yet. Dembélé will stay up to the point where he gets a starting position at a 'bigger' club (playing European football & competing for the title).
Sorry but how would he know if he's going to start elsewhere?
Pienaar thought he would but look how that turned out.

RidgeRider

when I read her tweets yesterday, she said she doesn't know anything more than anyone else does about Danny and Fulham and said they love Fulham. She not to read anything into her comment. I haven't read anything today but I didn't get he would be leaving. I think it may have been what Mr. Fulham mentioned, in that it might be the last he see's of some of the players we have seen around Fulham over the last 4 to 5 seasons.

fulhamguy

Journos saying he has been offered reduced terms. I think that's a bit insulting to him, he is still and will continue to be an integral part of the way we play.
COYW!