watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luciano Narsingh and Oussama Assaidi are set to sign

Started by EricB, May 08, 2012, 12:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

I think AFC means that Fulham has been fishing in the Dutch pond for the last couple of years:

Ruiz
Dembélé
(Chadli)
Hoesen

and now these two laddies.

Note that the title of this thread is very deceptive. They are far from signing. They just came to Fulham to have a look without anything of value being discussed. In fact, both Ajax and PSV are preparing offers...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

b+w geezer

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 08, 2012, 09:57:26 AM
This is not necessarily bad news for Frei and Kaca - I see it more of a sign that Jol does not think they are ready to be the starting options for a full season.
Agree. With the two Dems gone, there'd be four or five places in a matchday 16 for the four of them plus Duff and Ruiz. With injuries factored in, everyone would therefore have a decent chance of featuring, and it'd be modular, with no individual either sure of a spot or under intense pressure to be the team's saviour.

Not only are all those arrivals and departures extremely provisional, of course, but Alex K. has yet to sign to stay.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: b+w geezer on May 08, 2012, 10:54:17 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 08, 2012, 09:57:26 AM
This is not necessarily bad news for Frei and Kaca - I see it more of a sign that Jol does not think they are ready to be the starting options for a full season.
Agree. With the two Dems gone, there'd be four or five places in a matchday 16 for the four of them plus Duff and Ruiz. With injuries factored in, everyone would therefore have a decent chance of featuring, and it'd be modular, with no individual either sure of a spot or under intense pressure to be the team's saviour.

Not only are all those arrivals and departures extremely provisional, of course, but Alex K. has yet to sign to stay.

It must also be noted that if we are to challenge for European football, we need a squad of players that stretch beyond a good starting 11.

twang

Not the first time we're linked with Assaidi:

Monday, August 29, 2011

Aston Villa and Fulham target Oussama Assaidi wants to stay in the Dutch League with Heerenveen.

The 23-year-old forward has scored two goals in his first four Eredivisie games this season, drawing attention from the Premier League pair as well as big-spending PSG and FC Twente.

But the Morocco international is not interested in a move. He told Netherlands newspaper Algemeen Dagblad: "There is nothing concrete on my sale. It is just newspaper talk

"For me, it would be better to stay here because I'm still young and then improve in a top-class league."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1032/72/assaidi-tells-villa-and-fulham-i-want-stay-holland?

Andy_M

I see this as Jol simply planning for the future, we've probably seen the end of Duff and Davies, and yes we have Kaca and Frei but we need a squad with strength and depth like we had this season.
@got_maile

cmg

If we feel a bit sick at the possibility of losing Dempsey and/or Dembele, just think what Heerenveen fans must feel at the prospect of losing these two guys plus their 32 goal striker (Bas Dost - too pricey for us?). As always, it remains to be seen how they would respond to playing in a league where marking is allowed and defending actively encouraged, but it is encouraging to be linked with talent like this.

I won't be believing anything (arrivals or departures) until signatures are seen on the dotted line, but the future is exciting...the future is - what colour is that?

NickW

Quote from: The Moose on May 08, 2012, 03:30:13 AM
Whilst signing two excellent wingers is never a bad thing I do fear this may stifle Frei and Kacaniklic. Still, being linked to such highly rated players is very exciting indeed.

Frei and Kacanaklic aren't good enough to start every game, but will certainly be squad players next season. With Dempsey likely to leave and Duff no longer as effective as he was, the possible signings of Narsingh and Assaidi are exactly what we need - pace, skill and trickery down the flanks.

Bassey the warrior

Narsingh would definitely be welcome. We are crying out for a right sided winger. As for Assaidi I am a little more cautious. I was hoping Frei and Kaca might break the team next season.

valdeingruo

Quote from: cmg on May 08, 2012, 12:38:07 PM
If we feel a bit sick at the possibility of losing Dempsey and/or Dembele, just think what Heerenveen fans must feel at the prospect of losing these two guys plus their 32 goal striker (Bas Dost - too pricey for us?). As always, it remains to be seen how they would respond to playing in a league where marking is allowed and defending actively encouraged, but it is encouraging to be linked with talent like this.

I won't be believing anything (arrivals or departures) until signatures are seen on the dotted line, but the future is exciting...the future is - what colour is that?

according to the site its orange.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: NickW on May 08, 2012, 02:25:44 PM
Quote from: The Moose on May 08, 2012, 03:30:13 AM
Whilst signing two excellent wingers is never a bad thing I do fear this may stifle Frei and Kacaniklic. Still, being linked to such highly rated players is very exciting indeed.

Frei and Kacanaklic aren't good enough to start every game, but will certainly be squad players next season. With Dempsey likely to leave and Duff no longer as effective as he was, the possible signings of Narsingh and Assaidi are exactly what we need - pace, skill and trickery down the flanks.

Agree with this.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Jack Fulham

ToodlesMcToot

Not to throw cold water on anything, but Narsingh had this to say less than three weeks ago.

http://www.theelastico.com/?p=1669

Hope he makes the correct decision.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mr Fulham

10m for two Heerenveen players who are both out of contract after next season?

Too much IMHO.

EJL

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 08, 2012, 07:46:09 PM

Too much IMHO.
5 million a piece for two young, very promising players seems like a decent deal.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: EJL on May 08, 2012, 07:52:47 PM

Too much IMHO.
5 million a piece for two young, very promising players seems like a decent deal.

jury is still out, have rarely seen them play so don't know...may be two Collins Johns.

Basil

NickW

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 08, 2012, 07:53:55 PM

Too much IMHO.

jury is still out, have rarely seen them play so don't know...may be two Collins Johns.

I'm sorry - but if you haven't seen them play, how can you say they're not worth £5m each?! From the (admittedly few) matches I've seen them in, I've been very impressed.

The King

Now imagine if we signed Narsingh, Assaidi and Dost all at the same time. How many of Heerenveen's goals have those three contributed?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 08, 2012, 07:53:55 PM

Too much IMHO.

jury is always out when it comes to football!