Luciano Narsingh and Oussama Assaidi are set to sign

Started by EricB, May 08, 2012, 12:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricB

From the Sun

Exclusive
By PAUL SMITH
Published: 10 minutes ago
FULHAM were last night poised to complete a £10million double transfer swoop.

Dutch league stars Luciano Narsingh and Oussama Assaidi are set to agree personal terms on a five-year contract after Heerenveen accepted a joint offer for the highly-rated wingers.

The pair and their Italian agent Mino Raiola were shown around Craven Cottage yesterday under a veil of secrecy.

The capture of the two rising stars is seen as a great piece of business by Fulham manager Martin Jol.

He moved swiftly to see off competition from Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven and Ajax, mega-rich Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala and Premier League rivals Everton and Newcastle.

Narsingh, 21, is tipped for a huge future and is likely to be in Holland's Euro 2012 squad.

National boss Bert van Marwijk said: "Once in a while a player catches your eye and he deserves to be in the elite group of Dutch players."

Assaidi, 23, is a Moroccan international who turned his back on the Dutch side despite having dual passports.

fulhamthroughandthrough

that would mean no chadli, and 10 million! that's all our budget gone!

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

valdeingruo

Of course the sun! worlds most truthful unbiased "newspaper"
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

NickW

Dutch reports on Twitter say that Ajax are leading the race for Narsingh, but that Jol is interested. Would be delighted if we get them - fantastic pair of wingers, with Ruiz behind a main striker. Still think we should pull out all the stops for Sigurdsson too - would fit in fantastically.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: finnster01 on May 08, 2012, 12:23:23 AM
From the Sun... Must be true then  :011:

I have absolutely no idea on the authenticity of the story and I absolutely despise the Sun as a newspaper (if you can call it that) but I've always found their sport pages to be more reliable than most papers. Might be wrong though but we'll see, exciting nonetheless.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on May 08, 2012, 12:16:46 AM

Not if we sell Dempsey and/or Dembele...

Lighthouse

We must be after an out and out forward so if this story is true, it looks as if we are waving goodbye to a big fee player
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on May 08, 2012, 12:43:09 AM

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 08, 2012, 12:46:09 AM
We must be after an out and out forward so if this story is true, it looks as if we are waving goodbye to a big fee player
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on May 08, 2012, 12:43:09 AM

Would have to agree, I expect it's both Dempsey and Dembele to be honest. These two players indicate Jol's desire to have us playing ultimate football with two fast and tricky wingers. I expect we'll see a striker coming in, with these two (if this actually happens) and Dempsey and Dembele both to leave for two pretty substantial fees.

Bassey the warrior

Whilst signing two excellent wingers is never a bad thing I do fear this may stifle Frei and Kacaniklic. Still, being linked to such highly rated players is very exciting indeed.

White Noise

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/05/fulham-closing-in-on-dutch-duo/

Fulham closing in on Dutch duo?

by Dan on May 8, 2012

Herenveen wingers Narsingh and Aissaidi are reportedly on the verge of a £10m move to Fulham

This morning's newspapers suggest that Fulham are about to conclude a £10m deal to sign Herenveen's exciting wingers Luciano Narsingh and Oussama Assaidi, who are both poised to sign five-year contracts with the Premier League club.

The Eredivisie side, who turned down several serious approaches from teams both in Holland and abroad for the pair during the January transfer window, have been forced to sell their two stars after both players confirmed that they wouldn't be extending their contracts at Herenveen. With their deals due to expire next summer, Narsingh and Assaidi have generated great interest from across Europe.

Ajax are believed to be very keen on signing Narsingh, a Dutch under-21 international, who came up through their youth academy. According to reports in the Dutch press, Ajax are hoping to talk to Mino Raiola – the young winger's agent next week – although a British tabloid claims that a deal to bring the versatile and pacey wide man to London is already in place. Narsingh, who was handed a first call-up to the Dutch senior squad by national team coach Bert van Marwijk for the February friendly against England at Wembley, scored twelve goals and made 22 more in 44 appearances for Herenveen this season. He is expected to be part of van Marwijk's Euro 2012 squad even though he has yet to make his debut for the senior side.

Martin Jol has also moved quickly to finalise a deal to sign Narsingh's Herenveen team-mate Assaidi, a Moroccan international who has had a big impact since joining the club from De Graafschap on the final day of the August 2009 transfer window. The 23 year-old left winger, who can also play up front, really shone in his first full season in the Eredivisie, scoring ten goals and adding fourteen assists, under new coach Ron Jans, whose influence is credited with ensuring that Assaidi rebuffed an approach from PSV Eindhoven. Aissadi scored ten goals in 23 league appearances this season as Herenveen finished fifth, just a point off qualifying for European football.

What these moves – should they go through – would mean for the Fulham future of Damien Duff as well as the first team chances of Kerim Frei and Alex Kacaniklic, so impressive in the second half of this campaign, remains to be seen.

SKSW6

Quote from: NickW on May 08, 2012, 01:35:21 AM
For those who haven't seen either:

Narsingh: Luciano Narsingh assists and goals sc heerenveen 2011-2012

Assaidi: Oussama Assaidi The Ferrari - Goils & Skills 2011/2012

I know you're not supposed to draw many conclusions from a youtube video, but my god. That first kid is TWENTY ONE, the video is from ONE season, shows him scoring a variety of well taken goals, he was joint top of the assist charts last year and is top of this year's. Must admit I'd never heard of him, but he looks like he could be a brilliant signing.

Basil

Better to sign players before sales in my opinion (if cashflow permits), nothing like very other club knowing we would have £20 million burning a hole in our pocket to put fees up.

Very much doubt this story is true though, because they never are.

SKSW6

De Telegraaf are running with this story too. Aren't their media supposed to be much more trustworthy than ours?

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/scheerenveen/12080589/__Fulham_wil_Narsingh_Assaidi__.html

HEERENVEEN / LONDON  - Heerenveen threatens a blow to lose his entire vanguard. Martin Jol is preparing with his club Fulham FC million deal for the two attackers Luciano Narsingh (21) and Oussama Assaidi (23) to take over. Both wing tips flew to London yesterday and spent the whole day. They were shown around at Fulham and had conversations with the agent Mino Raiola.

The departure of Bas Dost, with 32 goals scorer in the league, is also already fixed. The German Wolfsburg hopes the race for his signature to win a long line of clubs, the striker wants to buy. This is the new coach Marco van Basten faced with a busy summer. He will need to refresh the whole attack if the deal comes around.

The management of Heerenveen was aware of the first visit of Narsingh and Assaidi in England. "We have the players Mino Raiola and given space to talk,'' said technical director Johan Hansma Heerenveen. "Narsingh Assaidi and should have a good feeling at a club. It makes no sense if we reach an agreement with a club and the players do not want to go. To transfer to succeed, you have three parties.''
Only when the players out with Fulham, Martin Jol will instruct his club to reach an agreement with Heerenveen. Hansma confirms that between the English and the Frisians still not been contacted.
Package deal

That Heerenveen full cooperation indicates a departure from the wing tips has everything to do with the fact that the contract of Narsingh and Assaidi expires in 2013. If they would not be sold, they walk out the door free next summer.
Now the number five of the league a total of more than ten million requirements in the 'package deal'. Assaidi has the status of Moroccan international and Juniors-internatonal Narsingh was earlier this year selected for the match of the Dutch team at Wembley.
Ajax

Both players earlier this season switched to football agent Mino Raiola, who is also the manager Martin Jol. They were therefore accompanied by Hakim Slimani (Assaidi) and Mustapha Nakhli (Narsingh). Raiola players now trying to bring the English Premier League Club and in the case of Narsingh also keep away at Ajax.
The old boss Jol Narsingh also high on the scouting list, but is the player's visit to London is now in the waiting room. Last night both players went back to London. Today they report back to Heerenveen on the training.

The last paragraph is pretty interesting about agents and could either point to the story having legs, or being picked up as a coincidence and then turned into a story out of nothing.

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

sipwell

Het Parool discusses it too. Yes, Dutch media (continental in general I'd say) are much more trustworthy than English newspapers. If you print too many rumours or stories which are not true, your sales as a newspaper will drop considerably.

The chairman of Heerenveen has said that both players were given permission to fly to London (on the request of Jol). Both players have been 'pampered' in London. Narsingh has said that he won't renew his contract at Heerenveen and so they have no option to sell him (it ends in 2013). Ajax is also interested.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

My lack of knowledge about the Dutch league holds me back here but this possible transfer tells me two things:

1) Holland is to Fulham what France is to Newcastle
2) This is not necessarily bad news for Frei and Kaca - I see it more of a sign that Jol does not think they are ready to be the starting options for a full season. Plus, these players seem different from Frei who really is more of a No.10

Fulham Far East

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 08, 2012, 09:57:26 AM
My lack of knowledge about the Dutch league holds me back here but this possible transfer tells me two things:

2) This is not necessarily bad news for Frei and Kaca - I see it more of a sign that Jol does not think they are ready to be the starting options for a full season. Plus, these players seem different from Frei who really is more of a No.10

I dont understand point 1, can you explain?

but yeah, i agree with you on Frei and Kaca may not be ready to take on PL for the whole season. I see Frei more of AJ role than a winger though.
The two boys mentioned seem to have impressive assist stats as well.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Fulham Far East on May 08, 2012, 10:45:13 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 08, 2012, 09:57:26 AM

I dont understand point 1, can you explain?

but yeah, i agree with you on Frei and Kaca may not be ready to take on PL for the whole season. I see Frei more of AJ role than a winger though.
The two boys mentioned seem to have impressive assist stats as well.

Think he means that Fulham is undergoing a Dutch revolution under Jol, similar to Newcastle where their squad is dominated by French or French-speaking players.