A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting Goalkeeper for next season

Started by Mr_Moon, May 27, 2012, 07:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to be between the sticks next season?

Mark Schwarzer
29 (59.2%)
David Stockdale
19 (38.8%)
A new signing
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Mr_Moon

Surely if Stockdale is to have any part of our future then now is the time...

Mr Fulham

I think it should be an open contest between Schwarz and Stocky during Pre-Season, then let's see who deserves it.

Fletchino

As much as I rate stockdale Now Schwarzer is still better as it stands. Davids time will come and will be number one for us for 15 years

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FLETCHINO on May 27, 2012, 07:15:27 PM
As much as I rate stockdale Now Schwarzer is still better as it stands. Davids time will come and will be number one for us for 15 years

15 years? Doubt that. Doubt he'll be number one for one year.

Aldo

I think Mark has one more good year in him. After that Stockers will be number one for the foreseeable future!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Aldo on May 27, 2012, 07:29:48 PM
I think Mark has one more good year in him. After that Stockers will be number one for the foreseeable future!
Do you really think he'll stay as #2 for another year?

Bassey the warrior

Schwarzer is the best man for the job. Stockdale on loan would be a good move for him and us. At the moment he isn't good enough to start though, he still needs to improve.

Mr_Moon

Stockdale probably feels bitter that he isn't going to the Euros. He is better than a few Premier League keepers and would easily make a number of Championship clubs.

finnster01

Quote from: Mr_Moon on May 27, 2012, 07:49:12 PM
Stockdale probably feels bitter that he isn't going to the Euros. He is better than a few Premier League keepers and would easily make a number of Championship clubs.

And which Premier keepers might that be Mr Moon? Not sure I buy that argument. Championship yes, but not sure about the Prem to be honest.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

fulhamben

Quote from: finnster01 on May 27, 2012, 07:52:47 PM

And which Premier keepers might that be Mr Moon? Not sure I buy that argument. Championship yes, but not sure about the Prem to be honest.
green for starters
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

finnster01

Quote from: fulhamben on May 27, 2012, 08:01:52 PM

green for starters

Roy obviously doesn't think so

ImperialWhite

A few managers in a row have now opted for Schwarzer over Stockdale.

If Jol thinks Stockdale is better, I trust him to make that decision.

If we had the next Banks in our hands I'm sure our coaching staff would have spotted it by now.

Mr_Moon

Off the top of my head Mignolet, Kenny, Hennessey and Bogdan (both now relegated).

finnster01

Quote from: Mr_Moon on May 27, 2012, 08:08:50 PM

Off the top of my head Mignolet, Kenny, Hennessey and Bogdan (both now relegated).

Possibly Mignolet Mr Moon. Definitely better than Kenny. BTW, didn't Kenny get axed or did I make that up in a dream?

Mr Fulham

Kenny

And he's not worse than Foster, Al Habsi and some others, that's for sure.

A few managers in a row have now opted for Schwarzer over Stockdale.

Mainly because they thought Stockdale was still pretty much work in progress. Hodgson signed him from Darlington for a few quid and only as third choice goalie, so that's to that.

Walsh

Schwarzer and if I had to pick a keeper who isn't at Fulham I would go for Paul Robinson.

sipwell

Schwarzer. I personally don't see a future for Stockdale as first team keeper.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ffc73

Schwarzer has said he intends to play until the Brazil World Cup in 2014.

Jol has said that Schwarzer is his no.1

Starting goalkeeper for next TWO seasons looks to be Schwarzer to me and Stockdale, who is probably regretting signing a new contract last year, is likely to go out on loan or be sold

Bassey the warrior

I'm very annoyed that some unknown keeper has been picked ahead of him. He has Premier League experience.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: finnster01 on May 27, 2012, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on May 27, 2012, 08:08:50 PM

Possibly Mignolet Mr Moon. Definitely better than Kenny. BTW, didn't Kenny get axed or did I make that up in a dream?
Not sure about the others but Mignolet is better than him.