more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frei to Man City?

Started by rusty shackleford, June 05, 2012, 04:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

According to Twitter:

MCFCIndonesia: According to Sky Sports News Reports Manchester City are set to make a 5 Million bid for Fulham Youngster Kerim Frei #MCFC

sipwell

I do not trust a man who has the MJ status as avatar!  :hook:

Let's hope this is lazy journalism!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

rusty shackleford

Hey dont shoot the messenger! I hate transfer season as much as the next Fulham fan. Our best players constantly being linked away for a pittance. Roll on September

SKSW6

That would be the worst move he could possibly make. Can't see it happening.

Jack Fulham

if you're going to source from twitter, at least use a credible tweeter such a journalist. That is a the Manchester City fan page for Indonesia.

rusty shackleford

Well they are all as credible as one another really, since they almost all are complete shite talkers

Jack Fulham

Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 05, 2012, 05:14:04 PM
Well they are all as credible as one another really, since they almost all are complete shite talkers

so its a complete non rumour? why is it a thread?

HatterDon

Wow! A club from Manchester with a mega-million quid offer for a guy who can't get a starting gig for Fulham? Nah, pure fantasy. Never happened. Never will.  yee-haw!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Jack Fulham on June 05, 2012, 05:16:30 PM

Im sorry jack

Jack Fulham

Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 05, 2012, 05:18:48 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on June 05, 2012, 05:16:30 PM

Im sorry jack

haha, sorry don't mean to come across as a twit but twitter rumours piss me off mainly because it just fans speculating who they want their clubs to sign which don't really carry any weight.

Oiseau

If we were to sell him, how much do you think he'd be worth? £5million is a lot of money but he is only eighteen years-old. He could be potentially worth double or even triple that in however many years time (if he fulfils his potential...)

It's important to consider that if he went to City he'd probably be put back into a youth system (and perhaps not as good a one as Fulham's at that - with a lot of funding injected into it, though) or onto a bench. With Fulham he can expect first team football next season despite his age. It's more impressive to be a first team player for a mid-table side than a reserve for one of the top-four.

EJL

Add a zero in front of that 5 and they can have him.

Edit: I meant add a zero after the 5 of course ;)

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Oiseau on June 05, 2012, 05:37:00 PM
£5 is a lot of money

I knew England were in recession and all that, but I didn't know it was THAT bad, actually.

Oiseau

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 05, 2012, 05:49:34 PM
£5 is a lot of money

I knew England were in recession and all that, but I didn't know it was THAT bad, actually.
:011: Woops!

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: EJL on June 05, 2012, 05:41:55 PM
05?

@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on June 05, 2012, 07:52:13 PM
Quote from: EJL on June 05, 2012, 05:41:55 PM
05?

That's the new spy division in the UK after MI6 we get M05!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Bassey the warrior

Wouldn't surprise me if this is true. I just hope he won't want to leave and we won't let him.

Bassey the warrior

If we were to sell him, how much do you think he'd be worth? £5million is a lot of money but he is only eighteen years-old. He could be potentially worth double or even triple that in however many years time (if he fulfils his potential...)

It's important to consider that if he went to City he'd probably be put back into a youth system (and perhaps not as good a one as Fulham's at that - with a lot of funding injected into it, though) or onto a bench. With Fulham he can expect first team football next season despite his age. It's more impressive to be a first team player for a mid-table side than a reserve for one of the top-four.
I don't think it's worth selling him for that amount. If we are willing to sell it makes more sense to keep hold of him for a few seasons and then sell as his value will go up. Even if he doesn't turn out to be all that his value will go up because he'll have played more games for us.

Andy_M

£5 million is nothing really when you consider what United paid us for Smalling
@got_maile

finnster01

Man City can just Frei off  :048:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead