more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (08/06/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 08, 2012, 06:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

POGREBNYAK EYES FULHAM RETURN

Russia international Pavel Pogrebnyak is receptive to striking a deal with Fulham after a successful spell at the club last season.

The striker scored six goals in 12 appearances after his arrival from German side Stuttgart on a short-term deal in January.

Fulham have been unable to agree terms on a new deal with the 28-year-old, who goes into Euro 2012 as a free agent.

Pogrebnyak, who admits he enjoyed playing in the Premier League, has also been linked with Aston Villa and newly promoted Reading in recent weeks.

"After three or four months, I feel that I have found my place in England and I want to play in this league," Pogrebnyak said.

"I feel great desire and strength inside me and my age will not work against me. We couldn't agree anything with Fulham so far, but I hope everything will be alright.

"If I don't play for Fulham, I hope to find another team.

"It would be good to sort this out before the European Championships, because there is a risk there. Anything could happen, and if you get injured then no-one will want to sign you."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/06/07/manual_143800.html

WhiteJC

ODDS SLASHED ON ANDY JOHNSON JOINING ASAMOAH GYAN IN UAE

The chances of Andy Johnson plying his trade in the UAE Pro League appear to be increasing after London bookmakers slashed the odds of him heading to the Emirates from 16-1 to a short priced 6-1.

Johnson, 31, is a free agent after ending his four year stay with Fulham at the end of last season and is now weighing up his options before deciding his next move.

Johnson's agent, Anthony McFarlane exclusively revealed to Sport360° last month that the ex-England forward was "very interested" in a move to the UAE and had been contacted by two Pro League clubs.

McFarlane refused to divulge the names of the two clubs although champions Al Ain have been linked to the player in the past as have Al Ahli, managed by former Atletico Madrid boss Quique Sanchez Flores.

Johnson, who was capped eight times for his country, is a regular visitor to the region on holiday with his family and McFarlane admitted the familiarity of the city and lifestyle offered out here was an attractive option.

"His mind is open and he's looking at all his options, both here in England and abroad," said McFarlane. "He is keen on a new challenge and very interested in a move to the UAE provided the offer is right.

"He's married, he's got two kids and a move to the UAE would provide a nice lifestyle and a new experience for AJ and his family."

He added: "I'm sure if was to come out to the UAE and play, his new club and fans would love him."

Despite the shortening of the odds, McFarlane insisted there was "nothing new to report" when contacted by Sport360° on Thursday night and said the player was currently holidaying with his family in Italy.

"There is nothing new since we last spoke. Unless someone know something I don't, which I very much doubt, there has been no progress on the UAE front," he said. "Andy is studying the firm offers he has on the table while keeping his options open."

http://www.sport360.com/article/odds-slashed-andy-johnson-joining-asamoah-gyan-uae?

WhiteJC

Royals ready to pounce on Russian international

Reading are ready to steal a move for striker Pavel Pogrebnyak if Fulham fail to agree a deal.

The Russian international has spent the last five months with Fulham but is yet to agree a contract extension at Craven Cottage, meaning he is free to speak to other clubs. Pogrebnyak is currently with the Russian squad in the build up to Euro 2012, but has said he would like his future sorted before the tournament begins.

Speaking to Sport-Express, Pogrebnyak said: "After three or four months, I feel that I have found my place in England and I want to play in this league. I feel great desire and strength inside me and my age will not work against me. We couldn`t agree anything with Fulham so far, but I hope everything will be alright.

"If I don`t play for Fulham, I hope to find another team. It would be good to sort this out before the European Championship, because there is a risk there. Anything could happen, and if you get injured then no-one will want to sign you. If you play in England, that`s the best thing that can happen to you. You have to take this chance."

Fellow Premier League side Aston Villa are also interested in the former Stuttgart striker, with clubs in Europe likely to be tracking the 28-year old. Pogrebnyak has enjoyed a very successful tenure under Martin Jol with the Cottagers, scoring six goals in 12 games.

Read more: http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=284189#ixzz1xB38ewzb

WhiteJC

Schwarzer plans World Cup finale

IT'S almost unimaginable for the Socceroos to take the field without Mark Schwarzer lining up between the posts.

But even the indestructible goalkeeper, who is closing in on the magical 100-cap mark, concedes that time will eventually catch up with him, and the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, should Australia make it that far, will be his swan song.

Not even the Asian Cup in Australia in 2015 is likely to tempt him to continue for a final farewell at home.

''There would be no better way to end my international career [than at the World Cup],'' he said. ''Asian Cup in 2015? You never say never but more likely no. I think it [World Cup] would be a good period to end and let the team move forward.

''The way I feel and the way I have played ... I definitely feel like I can play at the top level for another two years.''

Schwarzer is well aware of the constant dialogue about the age of the Socceroo squad, but he points out that players competing at the top level until well into their thirties is quite the norm.

Still, he says it is a concern that fewer of the younger Australians are breaking through into high-level clubs and establishing themselves as first-choice players.

''People have called for a transitional period for quite some time,'' he said. ''Everybody keeps referring to how old the team is and how old the individuals are. But you look in the Premier League, a lot of the leagues ... some of the players [are older] and they're still playing at the highest level. The bottom line is performance.

''If there's a player out there who's 24 and he's better than any other player in the team, of course you are going to play, that's without a doubt.

''But the fact of the matter is, the reason why most of us at the older age are still playing, is because, and I truly believe, we're probably still the best players to play for the country. If it was any different the manager would definitely do something about it. He believes what he sees.''

Schwarzer makes no excuses for the loss to Oman in November.

''It was just one of our poorest performances,'' he said. ''Oman deserved to win, without a doubt. We were nowhere near our best and [they] deserved to win the game, it's as simple as that. Conditions were a lot more favourable to us back then, it's a lot hotter now. The Omanis are going to find it difficult in the heat as well, but obviously they're more acclimatised and accustomed to it than we are.

''It's going to be a very tough game and it's going to be a different style of football than we play normally because of the conditions. It's got to be more controlled, more disciplined in the way that you attack as well.

''Staying in control, making the right decisions at the right time, even more important than normally, because at times when you're playing in normal conditions ... you can make decisions that maybe catch you out of position a little bit, but you're able to get back into position ... whereas here the conditions have an enormous effect.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/schwarzer-plans-world-cup-finale-20120607-1zyx4.html#ixzz1xB3QDi2g

WhiteJC

Pogrebnyak: We couldn't agree anything with Fulham so far

Striker Pavel Pogrebnyak has confirmed that he is in talks with Fulham over a permanent contract at the club but he has also suggested that, if no deal can be reached, he will not be afraid to agree terms with another English side.

The Russian has now met up with his national side ahead of the European Championships but he has admitted that he would like to tie something up with Fulham - or any other Premier League club for that matter - by the time Russia play their first game of the tournament on Friday. That now seems unlikely, but Pogrebnyak has at least stated that his preferred destination is the hallowed turf of Craven Cottage.

Most Fulham fans will be pleased with such confirmation, what with the forward's impressive first season in England. He only joined in January but his impressed hugely with his physical presence, sublime touch and eye for a goal. He managed six of the latter in his short stint here.

"After three or four months, I feel that I have found my place in England and I want to play in this league," Pogrebnyak told Sport-Express.

"I feel great desire and strength inside me and my age will not work against me.

"We couldn't agree anything with Fulham so far, but I hope everything will be alright.

"If I don't play for Fulham, I hope to find another team.

"It would be good to sort this out before the European Championship, because there is a risk there. Anything could happen, and if you get injured then no-one will want to sign you."

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/6/7/3070528/pogrebnyak-we-couldnt-agree-anything-with-fulham-so-far?

WhiteJC

IS THIS BELGIAN STAR THE MISSING PIECE TO WENGER'S PUZZLE?

Fulham forward Moussa Dembele arrived from Eredevise side AZ Alkmaar in the summer of 2010 for a fee thought to be around £5 million.

The 25-year-old Belgian international has been a thorn in the side of a number of opposition teams in the Premier League and as a result has attracted interest from a number of English clubs

Arsenal are rumoured to be interested in Demebele, but is he the missing piece to Arsene Wenger's puzzle? Personally, I don't think so.

He is a very good player, who possesses creativity, pace, strength and an eye for goal.

But we will need more than one player to complete 'Wenger's puzzle.'

Dembele hasn't exactly been what you would call 'prolific'. He only managed to find the net twice last season, but, in all fairness, he was playing out of position.

Martin Jol prefers to play Dembele as an attacking midfielder rather than his more natural roles, out wide or upfront.

I wouldn't mind us signing him to be honest. He looks like he could cope at Arsenal and give us more options in the final third.

But Wenger will need to acquire more than Dembele to finish off his 'puzzle', that's for sure.

http://gunnersphere.com/2012/06/view-from-the-sphere/is-this-belgian-star-the-missing-piece-to-wengers-puzzle?

WhiteJC

Prem suitors tracking Ismail
Several Premier League clubs are keeping tabs on highly-rated Wolves starlet Zeli Ismail, according to reports

Ismail, who has come through the ranks at Molineux, is regarded as one of the most exciting talents in England after catching the eye for Wolves and England's youth sides.

The talented winger has been talked about since the age of 14 when he burst onto the scene with England's Under-16s at the Milk Cup tournament in Northern Ireland.

The likes of Chelsea and Manchester City have been credited with an interest in Ismail in the past and a number of other clubs are also tracking his progress.

Ismail is entering the final year of his contract at Wolves and as yet no new deal has been discussed alerting his suitors to his possible availability.

The likes of Fulham, Queens Park Rangers and West Ham are all thought to be weighing up moves for the skilful midfielder as they look to lure him from Molineux.

Wolves would be loath to lose their prize asset, but they could face a fight to keep hold of him if they fail to tie him down to a new deal with Premier League clubs waiting in the wings to snap him up.

http://www.football365.com/premier-league/7799828/Prem-suitors-tracking-Ismail?

WhiteJC

Fulham look to strengthen as they step up interest in St Etienne full-back Nicolita

Fulham are showing interest in St Etienne's versatile full back Banel Nicolita.

The 27-year-old Romania defender can play on either flank and is equally adept in midfield.

Target: Romanian Banel Nicolita has attracted attention from Martin Jol

He joined St Etienne only last summer but has impressed with his pace and creativity.

Fulham are also looking to bring in two strikers and another winger.

Huddersfield's Jordan Rhodes remains a target but his club want £7million.

Wanted man: Fulham's Clint Dempsey (right) has been linked with Everton

Another player liked by Martin Jol, Wigan forward Victor Moses, says Liverpool and Chelsea have expressed interest in him but chairman Dave Whelan does not intend to sell.

Everton remain interested in Fulham's Clint Dempsey, with Tim Cahill looking increasingly likely to move to Saudi Arabia with Al Nassr.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2156135/Fulham-look-strengthen-ramp-St-Etienne-Banel-Nicolita.html#ixzz1xB4nfK4D

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

WhiteJC

Kilbane gives Sportsmail the lowdown on Ireland's Gang of Four

The Republic of Ireland's Gang of Four will finally return to the international stage on Sunday.

Robbie Keane, Richard Dunne, Shay Given and Damien Duff were all in Japan and South Korea 10 years ago when their Ireland were cruelly denied a quarter-final place in a penalty shoot-out defeat to Spain.

Gang of four: Ireland's Richard Dunne (top centre), Shay Given (bottom left), Robbie Keane (bottom centre) and Damien Duff (bottom right)

One Ireland centurion who will be missing when they face Croatia in Poznan on Sunday is Kevin Kilbane who started the Euro 2012 campaign before a back injury forced his international retirement.

Here the Sportsmail columnist gives an insight into his four former team-mates of more than a decade.

Shay Given
A hero to young keepers I meet because of the way he has worked and applied himself and the standards he has set.

He is a worrier and gets anxious when he can't train or play so it will have been a tough week for him.

He always wants to be 100 per cent fit and after suffering a few little niggles this season, he was concerned about being fully fit for the Euros.

But I'm sure he'll be out there on Sunday. If there's one thing I don't miss, it's his high-pitched girly screaming from behind me in games.

Legend: Shay Given will play in goals for Ireland at Euro 2012

Richard Dunne
Our modern day Paul McGrath and our best player for the last six years.

Went to Japan and Korea and didn't kick a ball but didn't moan or mope around the squad because he knew it was an honour just to be there.

He also roomed with Robbie, who was having a totally different tournament and really arrived on the world stage.

It won't have been easy for him back in their room. But he was just delighted for Robbie and could actually enjoy the World Cup through him.

But he's the main man now and he deserves to be playing in a major tournament at last.

Modern McGrath: Kevin Kilbane says Richard Dunne reminds him of Paul McGrath

Robbie Keane
He's our record goalscorer and more than 50 international goals in a side which doesn't create many chances is incredible.
When he first came in he was unbelievable and at 17, as good a talent as Wayne Rooney.

Robbie was also a bundle of fun when he broke into the squad and everyone loved being around him.

He is still the same bubbly funny guy to be with and when the young lads first come into the squad, Robbie will look out for them, make them welcome and make sure they get up on that chair and perform their song as part of the initiation ceremony.

Record scorer: Robbie Keane will hope to add to his tally in Poland and Ukraine

Damien Duff
Like Robbie, really burst on to the scene at the 2002 World Cup.

He was outstanding in the group matches and that wonderful performance against Spain probably played a big part in getting him a move to Chelsea.

Around about that time he changed his outlook on the game too and looked at his diet, preparations and stretches and dedicated himself to his football.

When he was younger you could go for days on trips without seeing him because he'd be asleep in his room.

Now he still spends most of his time in his room but he'll come down for half-an-hour every few hours, like a child let loose on an outing, throw a few of his famous barbs and put-downs at the lads and go back to bed because he'll be exhausted by the excursions.

Reclusive: Damien Duff spends much of his time in his room at tournaments

And finally . . .
What is going on with Paul McShane and his headband?

If I'd been in the squad I would have pulled him to one side, not embarrassed him in front of the lads, just had a quiet word and told him he needs to lose it.

And he would have had no choice but to take the advice. I'm sure the lads have tried to have words.

What were you thinking? Kilbane says he would have had a word with Paul McShane if he had donned this headband in his playing time

They clearly need to try harder.

We have a very melodic group of players at the moment.

Shane Long has to be the best singer of the lot and has a wonderful voice and put on the best performance I've seen in the initiation ceremony.

The worst I've seen was Owen Garvin who absolutely froze when he got up on the chair and only managed three lines.

Closely followed by Caleb Folan who did a poem in a rap style. About himself! Lead balloon doesn't come into it.

Harmonious squad: Kilbane says Shane Long (right) has the best singing voice

I cannot believe Shay Given is on Twitter.

This is a man who had one of those old style Nokia flip phones for years and refused to get rid of it.

I have been trying to persuade for as long as I can remember to get an I-phone and he said he just wanted a phone that made phonecalls, nothing else.

Now he's putting photos of Paul McShane and lookalike road sweepers from Italy on Twitter. Wonders will never cease.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/euro2012/article-2156053/Kevin-Kilbane-gives-Sportsmail-lowdown-Irelands-Shay-Given-Damien-Duff-Richard-Dunne-Robbie-Keane.html#ixzz1xB5OAB5Y

WhiteJC

Clint Dempsey voted Fulham player of season

Clint Dempsey has been voted Fulham's Player of the Season for the second straight year.

The 29-year-old Texan scored a career-high 23 goals in 2011-12. His 17 Premier League goals tied for fourth overall and broke Louis Saha's Fulham club record.

Fulham said Thursday that Mousa Dembele finished second in fan voting and Brede Hangeland third.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Clint-Dempsey-voted-Fulham-player-of-season-3618099.php?

WhiteJC

Aston Villa to pounce for Murphy

Danny Murphy could be heading to Aston Villa Football Club.

The 35-year-old is out of contract at Fulham this summer, and was last week included on the list of players they will not be retaining.

This was seen as a surprise by many, as the former Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur midfielder has been a key figure for the Cottagers.

Murphy could still be plying his trade in the Premier League next term, though, with new Villa boss Paul Lambert lining up an offer to lure him to the Midlands.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/41046.html

WhiteJC

Kasami's Aim

The 2011/12 campaign saw Martin Jol introduce an exciting brand of positive football to Craven Cottage.

It was a philosophy that was aided in no small part by the addition of new and creative attacking talents to his squad, with Bryan Ruiz, Kerim Frei and Alex Kacaniklic all impressing for the First Team.

Add to that trio Pajtim Kasami and the potential of the Team is boundless. The Swiss youngster featured 17 times for the Whites, although only two of these came in 2012, when he came on as a substitute against Charlton Athletic in the FA Cup and again at White Hart Lane in our final game of the season.

"At the beginning of the season it was quite difficult being in a new team, in a new country, and playing in a new league," Pajtim told fulhamfc.com. "But I felt like I adapted quickly to English football so the first part of the season went very well for me.

"The second half of the season didn't go so well. I'm not sad but I'm a little bit disappointed in myself and the only thing I can do is look forward to the next season."

Having just turned 20, Kasami has his best years ahead of him as he continues to adapt to the unique nature of the Barclays Premier League.

"I think next season, I want to improve every single part of my ability and in training I will be trying very hard to make a difference," he promised. "It was quite hard to get used to English football at first but I got more used to it the more games I played in.

"I think the English League is one of the toughest in the world because, if you are not ready mentally and physically, it is quite difficult to adapt because everything goes quicker. Where I play in attacking midfield, you need to be strong and skilful and you are tested in the Premier League but if you are skilful here in England, you can make quite a difference."

The Swiss U21 regular arrived at Craven Cottage in July 2011 with plenty of first team experience already under his belt, having made 14 appearances in Serie A for Palermo. He can count Juventus, Inter Milan and Napoli among the sides he faced but admits that the pace of football over here presents a different challenge.

"The difference between the Premier League and Serie A in Italy is that here some games are much more physical, and some games are very fast," Pajtim explained. "When you play in Italy against the big teams it can also be like this, but in the rest of the league in Italy it is very tactical and not always so quick and physical."

Read part two of our exclusive interview with Pajtim on Saturday 9th June on fulhamfc.com.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/KasamisAim.aspx?#ixzz1xC0F0Hfs

WhiteJC

Dembele hints at Fulham stay

MOUSSA Dembele insists he feels totally committed to playing for Fulham – because of Martin Jol.

The Belgian has been the subject of a great deal of speculation about his future, because he has yet to sign a new deal and has only a year to go on his current contract.

But the good news for now, as far as Fulham fans are concerned, is that he says he is not angling for a move and is simply thinking about next season at the Cottage.

The club hope that means he will put pen to paper and not just wind down his contract and walk out as a free agent in 2013.

The Fulham boss, too, is anxious to keep his man. As soon as Jol arrived a year ago, he identified the talented midfielder as a player he rated highly and wanted to build his team around.

"I'm very happy to stay at Fulham, especially because of the boss," Dembele told the Chronicle.

"I think it's very important to have the backing of the manager and he's a coach who gives me a lot of confidence – that's why I feel I owe it to the gaffer as well.

"I think every player needs that and I'm no different. I go to training every day and work with joy. It's a fantastic club and I'm not in a hurry to move anywhere."

As if to demonstrate his single mindedness about Fulham, Dembele added: "I'm very happy with the change this year in the position I play because I'm a player who likes to have the ball as much as possible – and that is down to the manager as well.

"I think I can hold the ball very well – and it's an advantage to the team if I have a lot of the ball, so I like that position a lot.

"I'm also very happy with the way the season went. The club is doing very well and we have a very strong team with good players.

"Next year, everybody wants to do even better. I'm not sure what will be our target next season, because in a way it's the club and manager who decide.

"I don't know if it is realistic to try for fourth or fifth or sixth, but I think we should look to do even better than this season and last. Maybe we will have more energy because we don't play in Europe this season and we can concentrate on the league."

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2012/06/08/82029-31140299/?

WhiteJC

Fultime Out Now!

The summer edition of the Official Fulham FC Magazine, Fultime, is out now, featuring a dazzling array of exclusive interviews and in-depth features that you won't find anywhere else in the world.

Just some of the highlights from a jam-packed 84 pages are:

Martin Jol discusses his first season at Craven Cottage
Danny Murphy's reflections on another season of positivity
The Fultime 2011/12 season review featuring a pictorial reflection on the campaign that was, all the Team's vital statistics, Player of the Year Clint Dempsey, our top three goals of the season, our visiting opposing players of the year and 25-question quiz
Pavel Pogrebnyak and Stephen Kelly discuss their respective nations' chances in our Euro 2012 Special that also includes an A-Z of Fulham at the Euros, fixture list, Zdenek Grygera's tournament preview and the Fulham FC player predictions
Former favourite Moritz Volz reveals the five games that shaped his football life
Academy Director Huw Jennings looks back on another memorable year for the Academy
Philippe Senderos on the 2012 London Olympics
Former goal hero Louis Saha reveals his reasons behind releasing his book Thinking Inside The Box
David Stockdale reveals his all-time favourite England team
Meanwhile, we focus on the great 1975 FA Cup Final team, provide a behind-the-scenes-look at the Development Squad's off-field activities, plus Fulham fans Ryan Chamberlain and Tim Hollingsworth discuss their respective involvement in this summer's Paralympic Games.

Plus you'll find the usual range of top-class photography throughout the magazine.

Priced at £3.50, Fultime is available from Club shops.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/FultimeOutNow.aspx?#ixzz1xCCcgdBr

WhiteJC

Dembele: I'll stay at Fulham because of Jol
by DAN on JUNE 8, 2012

Today's Fulham Chronicle carries an interview with Moussa Dembele, where the Belgian is quoted as being happy to stay at Fulham and continue his development under new manager Martin Jol.

The 24 year-old, who has a year to run at his current contract, has been heavily linked with a move away from Craven Cottage this summer. Jol gradually dropped Dembele, who joined Fulham from AZ Alkmaar for £5m in August 2010, in a deeper role and he forged a highly successful central midfield partnership with captain Danny Murphy during the second half of last season. The Belgian international insists he isn't currently considering leaving the club and wants to continue to learn his trade under Jol.

I'm very happy to stay at Fulham, especially because of the boss. I think it's very important to have the backing of the manager and he's a coach who gives me a lot of confidence – that's why I feel I owe it to the gaffer as well.

I think every player needs that and I'm no different. I go to training every day and work with joy. It's a fantastic club and I'm not in a hurry to move anywhere.

Dembele has been delighted the success of his positional switch, instigated by Jol prior to the Boxing Derby at Stamford Bridge.

I'm very happy with the change this year in the position I play because I'm a player who likes to have the ball as much as possible – and that is down to the manager as well. I think I can hold the ball very well – and it's an advantage to the team if I have a lot of the ball, so I like that position a lot.

I'm also very happy with the way the season went. The club is doing very well and we have a very strong team with good players. Next year, everybody wants to do even better. I'm not sure what will be our target next season, because in a way it's the club and manager who decide.

I don't know if it is realistic to try for fourth or fifth or sixth, but I think we should look to do even better than this season and last. Maybe we will have more energy because we don't play in Europe this season and we can concentrate on the league.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/06/dembele-ill-stay-at-fulham-because-of-jol/?

WhiteJC

Dembele hints at Cottage stay

Fulham have been boosted by Moussa Dembele's hint that he could stay put at Craven Cottage this summer.

The highly-rated Belgium international is approaching the final 12 months of his contract with the Londoners and is being linked with a move to the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea in this current transfer window.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol is desperately keen to keep Dembele on board this coming season and ideally wants him to put pen-to-paper on a new contract at the club.

And, Dembele's admission that he is happy with Fulham and is looking forward to trying to secure a place in European football with them next season will be music to the Dutch tactician's ears.

"I'm very happy to stay at Fulham, especially because of the boss," Dembele told the Chronicle.

"I think it's very important to have the backing of the manager and he's a coach who gives me a lot of confidence - that's why I feel I owe it to the gaffer as well.

"I think every player needs that and I'm no different. I go to training every day and work with joy.

"It's a fantastic club and I'm not in a hurry to move anywhere."

He added: "I'm very happy with the change this year in the position I play because I'm a player who likes to have the ball as much as possible - and that is down to the manager as well.

"I think I can hold the ball very well - and it's an advantage to the team if I have a lot of the ball, so I like that position a lot.

"I'm also very happy with the way the season went. The club is doing very well and we have a very strong team with good players."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/06/08/In-demand-star-hints-at-Cottage-stay/gnid-144400/?

WhiteJC

Euro 2012 preview: 'England can win' declares former York City 'keeper

David Stockdale

FORMER York City goalkeeper David Stockdale believes defensive resilience will see his old boss Roy Hodgson deliver Euro 2012 glory for England.

Just two years after being released at the age of 20 in 2006 by then Minstermen chief Billy McEwan, Stockdale earned a £600,000 move from Darlington to the Premier League when Hodgson, as manager of Fulham, spotted his potential.

He went on to play for the Cottagers in both the top flight and Europe under Hodgson and, during the last year, established himself as a mainstay in Fabio Capello's England squads.

But, with Capello having stepped down from the post in February, Stockdale failed to make Hodgson's 23, or the standby list, for the championships in Poland and Ukraine, kicking off today.

He never felt, for one minute, that the pair's past relationship would guarantee his place on the plane but, having worked closely with both the new national manager and the Three Lions' players, Stockdale is confident that England can defy their critics and win a major tournament on foreign soil for the first-ever time.

England have picked up two 1-0 wins in their warm-up games against Norway and Belgium and, ahead of Monday's first group game against France, the 26-year-old shot-stopper said: "I'm English and patriotic so I think we are going to win it.

"That's the type of person I am and I'm sure the other lads think the same. We have got to be realistic and take each game on its individual merits but, if Roy Hodgson does his job as I know he can, I am confident the squad can do well.

"His strengths are his man-management and the way he organises his teams. Everybody knows their role and England won't be conceding many goals under him because that's the way he builds a base to work from.

"He's been in management a long time and has won a lot of things so, for me, there's no better person around to be in charge."

Stockdale also believes there are few better candidates in world football to stand between the sticks than the Three Lions' current number one Joe Hart, identifying his recent international training partner as England's most important player this summer and adding: "Joe Hart will be a big key player and that's not because we aren't good enough but everybody needs a world-class 'keeper and he's one of the best around.

"The second person I would look to would be the captain Steven Gerrard if he can play anything like he is capable of doing. I also think it's a big chance for the likes of Andy Carroll and Danny Welbeck to show what they can do as Wayne Rooney's suspension will obviously be a big loss for the first two games.

"I like Andy Carroll and I think he's going into the tournament confident and on a good run of form."

Stockdale, who played second fiddle to Mark Schwarzer at Fulham during the final three months of last season, was omitted from a squad that initially included Hart, Robert Green and John Ruddy as Hodgson's three goalkeepers.

Injured Norwich net-minder Ruddy was then replaced by untried Birmingham City teenager Jack Butland, who has never played above League Two at club level.

Stockdale bears no grudges, however, despite his previous experience playing for Hodgson.

"Roy Hodgson isn't into favouritism – he's not like that," Stockdale pointed out.

"He goes on what people have done. I didn't play enough games towards the back end of the season so it's fair enough.

"John Ruddy had a great season with Norwich and people might have said he should have been called up before. Rob Green has also played in the Championship week in, week out.

"It might have been different if I had been playing and doing well but that's just how life goes. I don't know much about Jack Butland but he has come through all the England youth sides and has obviously caught the eye.

"I hope it will be a great thing for him to experience and will help him build on his career.

"We haven't got the strength in depth in terms of goalkeepers that other countries have and it would be great if somebody like Ben Foster came out of retirement as well because having five or six going for three places would be an ideal situation.

"I'm disappointed not to be involved but all I can do is wish the lads the best of luck and I will be working as hard as I can to prove I can get back into the squad."

Stockdale also stressed that he was not offended by the lack of a phone call from Hodgson outlining the reasons for him not making the squad.

"It would be a long job if he had to give explanations to everybody who hasn't made the squad," the ex-England 'C' international said.

"He shouldn't have to ring people up with things like that and doesn't need to provide anybody with an explanation.

"I made every squad during the last year under Fabio Capello and was on the bench as Joe Hart's understudy for some games but I am big enough to understand different managers have different opinions."

Stockdale's hopes for a return to the international fold look likely to rest on his ability to oust Aussie international Schwarzer as number one at Craven Cottage or establish himself as a first choice elsewhere.

QPR and newly-promoted West Ham have recently been rumoured to be monitoring his situation but Stockdale said: "I've not spoken to my agent since the end of the season so I don't know of any interest from any other clubs.

"I definitely want to be playing first-team games next season in the Premier League hopefully but, if not, in the Championship.

"I just need games to prove to people I can perform on a consistent basis."

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/football/9751007.Euro_2012_preview_____England_can_win____declares_former_York_City____keeper/?

WhiteJC

Fulham youngster desperate to make an impact next season

Pajtim Kasami wants to force his way into Martin Jol's squad

Fulham youngster Pajtim Kasami has vowed to improve next season after struggling to break his way into the first team in the second half of last campaign.

In the first half of the 2011/12 season the Swiss youngster made 15 appearances but only featured twice in 2012 and he insisted that this will change.

"I think next season, I want to improve every single part of my ability and in training I will be trying very hard to make a difference," he promised. "

It was quite hard to get used to English football at first but I got more used to it the more games I played in.

"I think the English League is one of the toughest in the world because, if you are not ready mentally and physically, it is quite difficult to adapt because everything goes quicker.

"Where I play in attacking midfield, you need to be strong and skilful and you are tested in the Premier League but if you are skilful here in England, you can make quite a difference."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_youngster_desperate_to_make_an_impact_next_season_1_1404549?

WhiteJC

Free Home Shirt Offer

2012/13 Season Tickets are currently on sale and we have a great offer available in our Family Zones.

Junior Season Tickets in the Family Zones* are just £125, whilst Season Tickets for children under 8 are just £49. Adult Season Tickets are on sale in the Family Zones for only £449 - that's under £24 per game!

What's more, all juniors in the Family Zone will be entitled to a FREE 2012/13 home shirt.

Last season we had a number of fun activities and giveaways in our Family Fun Zone (under Block K) which will continue into the new campaign.

Billy the Badger was a regular visitor to the area, we had Match of the Day magazines to give out each week as well as having our face painters and balloon modellers on hand to entertain.

We have even more activities planned for the Family Fun Zone for the 2012/13 campaign so secure your seats today!

Find out more about 2012/13 Season Tickets

* All children in the family area must be accompanied by a paying adult. Family Zone are blocks A, AL, K, KL. Season Tickets here are only available to purchase in person, by phone or by written application, seats in this area are not available online.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/FreeHomeShirt.aspx?#ixzz1xCe0dFyJ