https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

lower division clubs

Started by ffcitaly, June 24, 2012, 12:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 24, 2012, 01:04:42 PM
I always keep an eye out for the results of Oxford United

Ah, knew there was a reason I liked you.
Born in Oxford in the Milk Cup winning year. Their shirt often gets a run-out at 5-a-side.

Also Dorchester, Bashley and (as of last week) Wembley FC and Havant n Waterloov.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on June 25, 2012, 09:29:41 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 24, 2012, 01:04:42 PM
I always keep an eye out for the results of Oxford United

Ah, knew there was a reason I liked you.
Born in Oxford in the Milk Cup winning year. Their shirt often gets a run-out at 5-a-side.

Also Dorchester, Bashley and (as of last week) Wembley FC and Havant n Waterloov.

I grew up in Oxford, and went to The Manor ground to watch my first football game!

Pity they have fallen so far, but the good times seem to be back and promotion looks a distinct possibility next season. Would love to get them in the League or FA cup next year.

King_Crud

I have mates who follow lower league teams so I sometimes go to watch their teams play:

Crystal Palace (probably 4-5 games a season)
Hereford
Exeter
Bournemouth
Leyton Orient

As such I keep an eye on their results but I wouldn't say I support them as such

Whitby Fulham

FFChris

I look out for Staines Town as I played for them in the 80's (mainly reserves but made over 50 1st team appearances).  You may have seen me play SuperMitch!!!!

Burt

My local clubs are the Met Police, and Hampton & Richmond.

In response to Ed's post, whilst I would like to think that I do wield sufficient powers to dictate the success or otherwise of a football team, I suspect H&R's fortunes were down to a little bit more than my attendance there  :dft011:

Burt

Oh, and I keep an eye out for Notts Co results as I went to uni in Nottingham for 3 years. As they had an old ground, a rich heritage, a bigger neighbour and play in black and white it was quite a straight forward choice.

Maidstone Al

Always had a bit of an interest in Accrington & followed their results down the years -  they resigned from the football league the first time round on the day I was born - so a very tenuous link !
As Mr Meerkat quite rightly says , Maidstone United are moving back to town after somthing like 22 years away , so may try to get to the odd game or two , work and Fulham permitting ! The ground is very nearly complete , looks very neat & tidy & will have about a 3000 capacity , with the option to take that upto about 7000 as & when demands dictate .

Oiseau

I follow Bradford City. I know, it's awful. I spent a fair amount of time in Yorkshire growing up (most school holidays) where my Mother's family live. They're mostly Bradford or Leeds supporters and I've seen the Bantams play a few times. They're certainly not 'my team' (that's Fulham of course!) but I definitely have a fondness for them.

I also follow St. Pauli in the Bundesliga 2 if that counts.

HatterDon

Nice to see so many people also follow Luton Town. And here I thought I was the only Hatter on this board.

Anyhow, I'll always look for their result. They were the first club I ever supported and the Saturdays I spent on the terraces with my late father-in-law are still precious to me. My goodness, that was a good 40 years ago now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

michaelread

for me its Cheltenham, spent some time there as a young'n on a rugby tour, was one of the younger kids on the trip aging from 15-18. the big piss-up party at the end of the stay with the Cheltenham team was held at the football club. Lets just say that a very life altering experience was had in the stands of that football club with a pretty local girl who obviously had a thing for accents and a romanticised idea of Aussie boys (Way out of my league). Ever since then, I have had a bit of a soft spot for the town and football club.

also keep a look out for Peterborough, even though they were mostly mugs, I was really impressed with their support at the only FA cup game I got to attend on my trip to europe/london last year

Vinnieffc

Charlton Athletic for me (if that counts).. But my other 'mistress' is Bray Wanderers in the Irish Premier  ROI flag

Burt

Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 26, 2012, 02:38:05 PM
Charlton Athletic for me (if that counts).. But my other 'mistress' is Bray Wanderers in the Irish Premier  ROI flag

Still lower league so it counts!!

west kowloon white

Another Luton-in law still lives there and worked out of the airport for a few years.
Brighton ,for geographical reasons-same for Malaga-and pre money

Nick the Swede

I look for the results for a number of clubs  except Fulham regularly:

* Oxford Utd (lived across the street from the Manor Ground when studying)
* Cheltenham (had a season ticket there when living in the area)
* Woking (not really sure why)

And I still follow my Swedish team of course...
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

f321ffc

Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 24, 2012, 12:17:40 PM
I used to get freebies for Exeter City and Torquay but they have disappeared now. If Exeter are doing well I can hear the murmour of the crowd from my back garden but more often than not its a groan. Midweek games are quite good though. For distinctly average football and not very well behaved crowds, langauge is atrocious and the referee still gets the 'w' chant even when he is right, its quite expensive to be a punter. I suppose I ought to show a little more interest though and with three 'derbies' now it might be worth a paid for visit at leat once.  

Are you in Exeter and do you get up to many Fulham games? a  few  FFC  season tickets holders here in Torbay, Torquay my other team to watch. 082.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

clintclintdeuce

Reddich and Southend for me.... Along with Toronto FC
The Dude abides.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Meerkat on June 24, 2012, 01:30:03 PM
Maidstone Utd my local team who are now in Ryman South and returning to the town with a new stadium after many years exile this season.  By coincidence their new ground has the River Medway running pass it and Fulham has the Thames, can't go wrong   scarf
Same, there my local team as well, clue might be in the name haha, trying to get tickets for their first game back against Brighton.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Delboy

When not at the Cottage or following the lads away I pop down my local club who I played for, trained and managed earlier in life. Hanworth Villa from the Combined Counties League, Premier Division. We had an outstanding FA Cup run last year falling one round before the 1st round proper to AFC Totton. Beat some good sides along the way. Nice little ground and a friendly bar, so get down there next year if at a loose end.

Chesh

Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2012, 05:37:14 PM
Nice to see so many people also follow Luton Town. And here I thought I was the only Hatter on this board.

Anyhow, I'll always look for their result. They were the first club I ever supported and the Saturdays I spent on the terraces with my late father-in-law are still precious to me. My goodness, that was a good 40 years ago now.

Genuine question as (sorry not knowing you) it would seem you are a long time died in the wool Fulham fan - but what made you switch from Luton to Fulham?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)