watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

lower division clubs

Started by ffcitaly, June 24, 2012, 12:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...as well as being a Hampton fan I visit Woking and Dartford as two very good friends (both former Fulham attendees who no longer come to games but support their local amateur clubs) live close by. Woking has changed so much since they got their new stand, very impressive it is too. Dartford's ground is very unique and modern and always a pleasure to visit...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jarv

Mr. Meerkat, I have not followed Maidstones status for a while but have an interest in them. My late stepfather and his brother played for Maidstone just before the 1939 war. His brother was being scouted by Arsenal and my stepfather was a fine player too. Sadly, the war ruined both their chances of playing decent football. His brother, served in the navy, was killed in the war.
Will look out for Maidstone next season.

TheDon

domprague

AFC Wimbledon. I took my daughter there when Fulham were away somewhere and it was a good atmosphere. Been back and still enjoyed it. This season they're at home on the same weeks but I'll still check their results.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Berserker

I keep an eye on the results of Swindon Town, i know they are not popular on this forum but it's where i've lived for most of my life. Also i can here the fans joy and despair from my allotment during a match.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ClarksOriginal

Barnet - My dad supports them.
Luton - My mate has an ST there.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mr_Moon

LukeJennings

Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 24, 2012, 12:17:40 PM
I used to get freebies for Exeter City and Torquay but they have disappeared now. If Exeter are doing well I can hear the murmour of the crowd from my back garden but more often than not its a groan. Midweek games are quite good though. For distinctly average football and not very well behaved crowds, langauge is atrocious and the referee still gets the 'w' chant even when he is right, its quite expensive to be a punter. I suppose I ought to show a little more interest though and with three 'derbies' now it might be worth a paid for visit at leat once. 
you should go when we (Yeovil town) are down, we are so loud
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

mangoputney

ST with my FFC dad but born & bred in Luton, so obviously hate the FA and QPR more than most on here :)
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

leonffc

Quote from: craig10 on June 24, 2012, 11:25:39 AM
Quote from: leonffc on June 24, 2012, 07:09:17 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on June 24, 2012, 02:51:58 AM
Not quite that low although recently they were, but because my two daughters live there. I follow Stevenage very closely.
I think you will find that Leon is also a closet fan but he won't admit to it  :005:

I certainly dont follow them closely but unfortunately i live closely.
I wish they were back in the conference, then all their fans can go back to supporting Spurs, Arsenal and ManUre!!
Note to self; stop taking that bloody Aussies bait ;-p

Oh and I follow Hitchin Town

Hitchin Town now that brings back memories lol a good few of my mates have played for them in past 10 years

Name and shame them Craig. I may not have heard of them though, I'm not an avid follower although I've known a few of their players down the years

craig10

Quote from: leonffc on June 24, 2012, 05:20:43 PM
Quote from: craig10 on June 24, 2012, 11:25:39 AM
Quote from: leonffc on June 24, 2012, 07:09:17 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on June 24, 2012, 02:51:58 AM
Not quite that low although recently they were, but because my two daughters live there. I follow Stevenage very closely.
I think you will find that Leon is also a closet fan but he won't admit to it  :005:

I certainly dont follow them closely but unfortunately i live closely.
I wish they were back in the conference, then all their fans can go back to supporting Spurs, Arsenal and ManUre!!
Note to self; stop taking that bloody Aussies bait ;-p

Oh and I follow Hitchin Town

Hitchin Town now that brings back memories lol a good few of my mates have played for them in past 10 years

Name and shame them Craig. I may not have heard of them though, I'm not an avid follower although I've known a few of their players down the years

younger lads -

dean brenan, ryan frater, matt nolan, tresor kandol, cliff akurang, jude stirling + many many more

also like a few on here i follow Luton

ffcitaly

It's nice too see that fans follow also teams in lower leagues.
It's also amazing how most clubs are organized with a proper website and fans shop!
In Italy it's quite rare to find really small clubs so organized and with hard core fans.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: LukeJennings on June 24, 2012, 04:13:06 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 24, 2012, 12:17:40 PM
I used to get freebies for Exeter City and Torquay but they have disappeared now. If Exeter are doing well I can hear the murmour of the crowd from my back garden but more often than not its a groan. Midweek games are quite good though. For distinctly average football and not very well behaved crowds, langauge is atrocious and the referee still gets the 'w' chant even when he is right, its quite expensive to be a punter. I suppose I ought to show a little more interest though and with three 'derbies' now it might be worth a paid for visit at leat once. 
you should go when we (Yeovil town) are down, we are so loud

Oiks.  :011:
Argyle will be the one I'm afraid. Police leave cancelled already.

keith

Coming from the Elephant and Castle,my Millwall supporting  mate and i used to go to Fulham one week,and Millwall the next before i could afford to go away with Fulham.This was in 71 and 72 ,so still keep an eye out for Millwall.Unless they play Fulham and then i hope we thrash them.

Scrumpy

Quote from: ffcitaly on June 24, 2012, 06:02:20 PM
It's nice too see that fans follow also teams in lower leagues.
It's also amazing how most clubs are organized with a proper website and fans shop!
In Italy it's quite rare to find really small clubs so organized and with hard core fans.

It is quite amazing just how many people go to matches in England. Where else would you get roughly 40k for a match in the third tier (Sheffield derby)? Or get teams like Bradford in the 4th tier gettting 15k for every home game? Luton Town in the 5th tier regularly get 6k+ through the turnstiles. It is unique (I think) in the World of football to have support that runs so deep.

For me, lower teams where I have actually paid to watch, are Woking FC, Walton and Hersham FC and Hereford Utd.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

PaulUMD

I own two shares of Accrington Stanley, so I follow them as best I can from the States.  Great history at the club, nice little ground...

Meerkat

Quote from: jarv on June 24, 2012, 01:48:04 PM
Mr. Meerkat, I have not followed Maidstones status for a while but have an interest in them. My late stepfather and his brother played for Maidstone just before the 1939 war. His brother was being scouted by Arsenal and my stepfather was a fine player too. Sadly, the war ruined both their chances of playing decent football. His brother, served in the navy, was killed in the war.
Will look out for Maidstone next season.

Hi Jarv,  That was a great shame about your stepfather and brother.  As you can probably guess everyone looking forward to the first fixture which is a friendly against Brighton, Gus Poyet has said he will bring his first team.  The tickets for the match sold out very quickly.  Having been Nomads for the last few years playing at Dartford Ashford Sittingbourne it will be nice for them to be back in the town.

ron

As I've said before, Torquay United, because I have connections with the area, but also from the time when we were two clubs together on the brink...(and thank God we had a way out)......and

Wycombe Wanderers...because the ground is only a couple of miles from my house, and they struggle every time they get out of the bottom division.....how lucky we were !

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: jarv on June 24, 2012, 01:26:16 PM
Spent teenage years in Crawley so I look out for their results. Used to watch a few games, mainly because I had a couple of mates who played for them in the southern league.

Gold coast....when did you attend Crawley games? Mid 60s for me.
About 30 years after you Jarv, you old bugger ! I lived in Pound Hill at the end of '97 then moved to Maidenbower until I headed back to Oz at the beginning of '02. One of lads at BA Holidays played for their ressies and I was in goal against him in a 5 a side game. Didn't even see the two shots he really got a hold of !