https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

lower division clubs

Started by ffcitaly, June 24, 2012, 12:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: Chesh on June 27, 2012, 06:50:46 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2012, 05:37:14 PM
Nice to see so many people also follow Luton Town. And here I thought I was the only Hatter on this board.

Anyhow, I'll always look for their result. They were the first club I ever supported and the Saturdays I spent on the terraces with my late father-in-law are still precious to me. My goodness, that was a good 40 years ago now.

Genuine question as (sorry not knowing you) it would seem you are a long time died in the wool Fulham fan - but what made you switch from Luton to Fulham?

1. I divorced my Farley Hill bride.
2. Neither I nor any of the Americans who went to Luton matches were ever treated like supporters. We were this odd bunch. The club never showed any interested in whipping up support from the military base I was living on, and the official supporters clubs wanted nothing to do with us. Fulham, on the other hand, is very friendly and very welcoming.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Chesh

Quote from: HatterDon on June 27, 2012, 10:44:51 PM
Nice to see so many people also follow Luton Town. And here I thought I was the only Hatter on this board.

Anyhow, I'll always look for their result. They were the first club I ever supported and the Saturdays I spent on the terraces with my late father-in-law are still precious to me. My goodness, that was a good 40 years ago now.

Genuine question as (sorry not knowing you) it would seem you are a long time died in the wool Fulham fan - but what made you switch from Luton to Fulham?

2. Neither I nor any of the Americans who went to Luton matches were ever treated like supporters. We were this odd bunch. The club never showed any interested in whipping up support from the military base I was living on, and the official supporters clubs wanted nothing to do with us. Fulham, on the other hand, is very friendly and very welcoming.
Fair do's... Hope you didn't mind me asking, but I am always intrigued when people swap teams in life
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

HatterDon

Quote from: Chesh on June 28, 2012, 09:20:34 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 27, 2012, 10:44:51 PM

Fair do's... Hope you didn't mind me asking, but I am always intrigued when people swap teams in life

Not in the slightest. I figure that, like my second wife, Fulham was who I was meant to be with in the first place.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: Delboy on June 27, 2012, 11:50:31 AM
We had an outstanding FA Cup run last year falling one round before the 1st round proper to AFC Totton.

You could add Totton to my list, my friend was playing for them for the last few months of this season.
(Beaten in the play-off final after looking odds-on to win the league. Bottlers.)

mangoputney

Come on you Hatters!!!!

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

chrisffc

I follow Swindon town fc my local team when fulham are away im at swindon

Berserker

Do you need to buy tickets in advance for the Swindon games?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bog

Since 1958 Crewe Alexandra. Best moment? Seeing them win 2-1 at Chelsea in the FA Cup in 1960...I think that was the year...quite magical it was...

092.gif

Gozorich