watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Five to one, baby, one to five

Started by HatterDon, July 07, 2012, 12:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

So we signed this German who just got relegated to BL2. This means we now have Riether  :German-flag:, Grygera, Kelly  ROI flag, Baird, and Hughes all of whom have recent experience as RB. Meanwhile, we have only one striker -- unless you count Trotta.

It seems also that Jol prefers loans from the Bundesliga -- and not of the young variety.

Where's all the U-25s to make the squad younger?

I may well arsk.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Bronsons

Grygera might be crocked, Baird might be leaving, Hughes isn't a right back, and it's as certain as can be that Jol is fully aware that we need strikers, and not just a decent squad player or two. Apart from that, good analysis.    S001.gif

valdeingruo

Too busy setting up twitter accounts perhaps?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

AlFayedsChequebook

I would worry if we were spending significant transfer money on 30+ players, but seeing as they are coming in for free, we can see they will only add to the squad.

os5889

Grygera and Kelly out of contract, can see Baird leaving to maybe Southampton where he used to be club captain, Hughes and Senderos frequently found out when playing at RB. Not much strength there in my opinion. I think we needed a right back urgently

Rupert

Is this the first sign of the board going into meltdown, or can we all hold our nerve for a tad longer?
The players don't return from their holidays until Monday, do they?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

No going into meltdown is we have signed two old players who will be gone in a season and we have no forwards and appear to be skint by ridding ourselves of two old but good first teamers. We have no money and look to be heading for relegation. Diddy David is leaving and Ray Lewington is leaving. Oh God Oh God we are in real trouble. Help Help.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Herbie

It could be worse, the club could have done a 'Cardiff' and changed our colours so that we play in blue like them lot down the road

Archibald Leitch

We only have 56 days of the transfer window left... Better get a move on!!!

os5889

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 07, 2012, 11:16:30 AM
No going into meltdown is we have signed two old players who will be gone in a season and we have no forwards and appear to be skint by ridding ourselves of two old but good first teamers. We have no money and look to be heading for relegation. Diddy David is leaving and Ray Lewington is leaving. Oh God Oh God we are in real trouble. Help Help.

Good to see you back in traditional Lofty mode! Missing the blingo end of the scale though!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 07, 2012, 11:16:30 AM

Thus it gets worse for you as Diddy has actually left/stood down/stepped aside and Lew has gone/moved on/closed the door. Sugar in the ovaltine time!
If you want to feel worse I think Jol is putting his thoughts towards a Ruiz led attacking midfield. A sort of Barcelona meets Spain meets tanker crash .................................... a fully laden one at that.

Berserker

Oh no think of the environmental issues!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

I do miss Bling and hope he posts more regularly.

As a fan who still gets a nosebleed and the shakes when we don't play two strikers. The thought of sticky stocky ticky tocky football at relegation fighting Fulham leaves me with a Ruized slick in need of forward detergent.  Hoards of volunteers washing and trying to clean up the mess of dazed and confused Fulham players washed up not knowing how to score or enter the penalty box. No Jol. Sort it out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 07, 2012, 12:31:50 PM
I do miss Bling and hope he posts more regularly. 

As a fan who still gets a nosebleed and the shakes when we don't play two strikers. The thought of sticky stocky ticky tocky football at relegation fighting Fulham leaves me with a Ruized slick in need of forward detergent.  Hoards of volunteers washing and trying to clean up the mess of dazed and confused Fulham players washed up not knowing how to score or enter the penalty box. No Jol. Sort it out. 

You are a genius sir. Pudding for this rain lashed eeveningwill be a twist on sticky, stocky, ticky, tocky toffee pudding ........ with custard. Reap and weep Jol.
Mrs B. I suggest you bring tissues for the oopeninggame......... and a life jacket. 'We are surprisingly cool and calm in the Brainstrust, not yet officially renamed 'The Enclave'. If we are scoring from midfield and looking to play with the ball thats fine. Lets face it the last couple of target men have not worked out, Sa was lost and AJ was inconsistent to say the least. A double diamond formation. Do they still sell that stuff. Sticky. stocky, ticky, tocky, toffee pudding and a pint of DD.

Off to stock up with sand bags ..........

Berserker

If your group is an enclave then i am an outpost. I'll use my secret stock of smuggled in PG sock monkeys to lob at infiltrating away fans into the neutral end. Oh i need to get a nice cup of tea now, then buy some sticky toffee pud now you've put the idea in my head, yum yum
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

kiwiwaka

I'd much rather save money on other positions for squad players. He could be not spending £2-3m on certain positions because he might want £10m+ player(s) up in attacking positions. He's replacing players with better quality replacements so far.

BalDrick

Five to one baby, one in five are the actual words.

The song's a finger up at the hippies (the one in five signifying the central digit) who are anti-war, the Nam war to be precise. Hence these lyrics:

Ya walk across the floor with a flower in your hand
Trying to tell me no one understands

Okay I'm currently reading up about this song, I may not actually be right here. The above lines are 2 fingers at hippies but there's plenty more to it. Five to one can be a ratio, young to old, pot smokers to non-pot smokers, might be average life expectancy in Nam. There's a hint it might be about wanking too, five to one being the ratio between...yeah you get it
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

NorthernWhite

Quote from: BalDrick on July 07, 2012, 03:13:18 PM

The song's a finger up at the hippies (the one in five signifying the central digit) who are anti-war, the Nam war to be precise. Hence these lyrics:

Okay I'm currently reading up about this song, I may not actually be right here. The above lines are 2 fingers at hippies but there's plenty more to it. Five to one can be a ratio, young to old, pot smokers to non-pot smokers, might be average life expectancy in Nam. There's a hint it might be about wanking too, five to one being the ratio between...yeah you get it

I never was sure what his exact meaning was on that song. I'd be interested if you found out anything concrete on what he did mean.

A good reminder for me though to upload my old Doors CD's onto my ITunes.

BalDrick

Quote from: NorthernWhite on July 07, 2012, 06:16:39 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on July 07, 2012, 03:13:18 PM

I never was sure what his exact meaning was on that song. I'd be interested if you found out anything concrete on what he did mean.

A good reminder for me though to upload my old Doors CD's onto my ITunes.

Found out nothing except nobody really knows and the man who may have known is alive and well and pumping gas in a petrol station in the deep south has been dead for over 40 years. He said it wasn't political but to believe anything he said, especially by then when he was a walking bottlebank, would have been a tad naive. 5-1 was the ratio of youngsters to oldsters then (baby boom), some say the ratio of Vietcong to soldiers in Nam, the ratio of stoners to non-stoners, the list goes on. Few more on here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_to_One.

Cracking song though
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

NorthernWhite

Cheers Baldrick and guess we'll never know. Shame he was off his t*ts by the end.

Downloaded some of the albums last night, agreed, cracking song.