watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How do you become a fulham fan?

Started by Duncs, July 20, 2012, 06:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncs

I have just experienced the birth of my first baby boy and have just purchased his first fulham top - last season home and away strip.

It got me thinking about the nature v nuture and whether he would be a fulham fan because of me or decide later in life who he wants to follow.

How did you all become fulham fans? From birth? Because of family or friends?

I'm from Oz so the choice was all mine and i starting following the whites ago six years ago.

zzamora

Oooh.

I think it was in 2001- we played Everton at Loftus and I went along with my dad. We won 2-0 (2 horrible own goals!). I was a vague supporter till I went to Craven Cottage in 2004

Fulham 1-1 United. Papa Bouba Diop SCREAMER. Tickets got my a season ticket holder/ family friend.From the moment it flew in the goal and I felt that rush of scoring a last minute equaliser I was hooked. Only one team after that. 

rusty shackleford

Noticed the nice football/good players/likeable manager in the championship winning season and that was that

rusty shackleford

Quote from: ddeuce on July 20, 2012, 07:00:27 PM
Oooh.

I think it was in 2001- we played Everton at Loftus and I went along with my dad. We won 2-0 (2 horrible own goals!). I was a vague supporter till I went to Craven Cottage in 2004

Fulham 1-1 United. Papa Bouba Diop SCREAMER. Tickets got my a season ticket holder/ family friend.From the moment it flew in the goal and I felt that rush of scoring a last minute equaliser I was hooked. Only one team after that. 

I watched the game in a pub with about 20 utd fans. Pure poo i was listening to all game and when papa scored i went mad

Walsh

I have only been following Fulham for around 5 years and I am now 20. I am from Manchester and have been to quite a lot of United matches but I have always liked Fulham so one year I decided to buy a Fulham shirt and it started from there, I stopped going to United games and started going to the Fulham away games and it just caught on from there, I still follow United but I don't watch every match like I do with Fulham I just watch MOTD for the United highlights.

dannydog

My Dad took me to my 1st game when I was about 6 back in 1973 been going regularly ever since. I now take my son and daughter who are 10 and 12 and they love it ! Bit easier being a Fulham now than it was when I was young, whole bloody school was full of Chelscum fans.   

BigNigeBowds

Im from devon and used to be a man utd supporter as my next door neighbour was one, then a ch*lsea fan (ashamed to admit it) until i was about 11, then due to a family circumstance i had to travel upto london every weekend due to this, as i was gonna be around for all the games and my sister's bf and friends were getting season tickets for fulham i also got one, from them ive been hooked.
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

mr-ska

Family...  both sides supported Fulham so there wasn't an option thank god. My dads family are born and bred in Fulham.

Jambo

I would say family.  I was born in Fulham but all my family are Fulham fans.  I think school friends can have an influence too.  I have a 8 month old boy and would love him to follow in my footsteps and support the whites but I guess that his choice.......... Have a roof to live under or support someone else?? Its still a choice after all ;)
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

ElissonSnygg

I didn't pick Fulham. Fulham picked me.   :HD:
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Jack Fulham

i suppose its been forced on me by my dad but i'm glad it was. Don't remember my first game as i was very young but yeah going to Craven Cottage every season is something i've just done since i remember. This is gonna be my first season without a season ticket :dft004:

MJG

CorkCity

I can trace my family back to 1778,from the Kensington and Fulham area, from 1901 it is mainly Fulham, so I had no choice. My son had a choice as we had moved to Ireland when he was 2, for a while he thought about supporting a successful team but after I bought him to the cottage when he was about 5 he was and always will be a Fulham supporter. So if you can, get him to the Cottage as soon as he is able to make a choice.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

vagrant

My choice.  When I first became interested in football there was this bloke playing for England called Johnny Haynes, and he played for this little quaint club called Fulham.  Done deal much to my Dad's disgust as he's from and supports West Ham.
Pleased to say that I have brainwashed my two kids (not kids anymore).  Daughter flew from Dubai where she now lives to be at the Hamburg final.  As far as they are both concerned, supporting another team is not an option.

Tomo

Both my sets of family are originally from Fulham but my parents moved me out to Northolt when I was about 4 still with family in Fulham, I began supporting Arsenal due to friends and then my Uncle Rockie (god rest his soul) began taking me to Fulham every other game when we were in the Old division two. I loved it my uncle had been a supporter from back pre-1975 so went to Wembley for the Cup and was a regular in the Hammersmith end up until 2004 when he fell ill. I then started going to the cottage on the odd occasions and even Loftus road but got my own season ticket in 2007. Personally I think if I didn't have the influence of my Uncle I wouldn't be a Fulham supporter and I am so glad he did so as I've found a wonderful community, sadly he couldn't ever come back to the cottage with me but to this day whenever I go I always look back to when Fulham were to put it nicely 'sh*t'. I'm sure your son will take interest in what his father is into so it should be nurtured naturally he will naturally want to follow in his fathers footsteps. Many congratulations on having a new born and lets hope he grows to love Fulham as much as you.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

TonyGilroy

Do something really dreadful in a previous life.

LBNo11

...well it all starts with a man and a woman copulating, and from the process man's sperm is ejaculated into the woman's womb; the egg in the woman is surrounded by many sperm cells. One of those sperm cells breaks through to fertilize the egg. This is called conception. That is the point where the baby's future is determined.

The sperm cell that fertilizes the egg contains either an CFC or a FFC chromosome. If it is an CFC, the baby is born with a low forehead and long arms. If it is an FFC, the baby is born with a brain...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

sipwell

Become friends with Airfix. Essentially it is an acquired taste but hey, that is the best (coffee, whiskey, ...)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Oiseau

My Great-Grandfather lived on North End Road and owned the site opposite where the Fulham Waitrose is now. He came to support Fulham. My Grandfather grew up on the site opposite Waitrose. He took Dad to matches when he was a child and they stood where the Riverside Stand is now. Both Dad and I were born in Hammersmith.

Mum's family are a mix of Bradford and Leeds supporters as that's where my Great-Grandparents and Grandparents emigrated to from Eastern Europe. I flirted with another team (other than Fulham) as a *very young* youngster but fell into supporting Fulham soon after that. Funnily enough, Dad let me support whoever I wanted to support as a child (if I was in his position, I might think differently, haha!) My first match was a home game against Everton when I was thirteen or fourteen-ish.

Congratulation on the birth of your son  :021:

Me-ate-Live, innit??