watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we buy him?

Started by sipwell, July 28, 2012, 05:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

I think facebook is an absolutely fantastic - and hilarious - social platform. Look at a response to the official FB status update of Fulham:

Born close to Dani Alves! Top player for sure!

(what is wrong with these people)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

cmg

Graeme Souness would start him next Saturday, for sure.

Azeedo

What a tool, there is always a clown in facebook.

LukeJennings

Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Matt Inglis

Would it cost anything to give him a contract for fun?
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

CincyFulham1

His picture gives me the creeps.

General

The thing is some players want to move to the premiership so much and getting in touch with the club may actually be a way for scouts to see people.

I think you'd be suprised how many people could've become professional footballers if given the chance - enthusiasm/passion can get people a long way - there are a lot of players out there who had a bit of talent and achieved everything else through sheer hard work and opportunity. Why not!

General

Just imagine as well if it came off - the publicity for it could be incredible and would open up an entirely new brazilian market.

LukeJennings

I would play for Fulham for free! Got offered trials for Torquay and Dorchester so I have a speckle of talent, play 4 times a week go gym 3 times a week, every season since I can remember I have been top scorer, please?! Would literally beg and grovel hahaha
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

K33NY

SouthfieldWhite

i was once the top goals per minutes scorer for the Fulham supporters team and i played midfield, which isnt bad going

Maybe i could still have a crack at making it as a pro, and im only 24 so still got time ;-)

General

I think it'd be a really good marketing idea to put aside - let's say 1 million quid and offer to fly any kid from a certain age range to Fulham for try outs if they could say why they should be considered and put a video of them and their skills on tv. Trials given out - just imagine how much interest that could get from all over the place....

prize - a 1 year provisional contract at Fulham FC... passion in the right environment getting nurtured properly is a very powerful thing.

aussierod

Reminds me of a similar story I recently read about Adelaide United who are in the Australian A-League

http://www.thefootballsupernova.com/2012/07/dexter-rosales-modern-day-football-scam.html

A while ago I wrote a post about Ali Dia, the greatest scam the Premier League (and probably world Football) had ever seen. To think that such an event could occur in one of the world's best leagues is unthinkable in this day and age with the internet and all other forms of communication; but it seems that some people out there have had their own attempt at hoaxing a football club and it has worked.

Australian football club Adelaide United recently announced that they had two top talents joining their club on trial. Firstly they said that Fabio Ferreira (ex-Chelsea) was joining the club on trial, which is all fine and secondly they said that a player called Dexter Rosales, who was supposedly an ex-Ajax, Valencia and River Plate player, would be joining them.

A club statement said: "Their pedigree is good and we've got to cast the net far and wide, so they'll come here on trial and we'll have a look at them. Rosales has been recommended to us and he's paying his own way here".

Now this is where the story gets funny. There is no Dexter Rosales. He doesn't exist. Apparently some hoaxers on the internet created a player profile on Wikipedia as well (with the picture of a former Ajax player called Mauro Rosales) and went on to send letters to Adelaine United to get a trial. They provided fake reports, recommendation letters, testimonies...the whole pack, which the club ridiculously fell for and actually announced publicly. Apparently they made this guy sound so good that the club didn't even need actual evidence to give him a trial. That's how bloody precise everything they provided must have been!

They've had to state an apology to all saying "it has been a strange few days with all the speculation around this mystery man - it doesn't look great from our end. We're not the first club to be given a false lead with a supposed trialist, but other clubs probably just don't promote it to the world like we did."

To add insult to the injury - Ajax, Valencia and River Plate all released statements to confirm that there has never been a Dexter Rosales to have ever played for their clubs. Ouch!
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: LukeJennings on July 29, 2012, 01:08:03 PM
Got offered trials for Dorchester

LEDGE.

Why didn't you turn out for the magpies? Did you not hate Weymouth enough?