watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mr Giggs thinks its not acceptable

Started by bill taylors apprentice, July 29, 2012, 07:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

for him to sing the national Anthem of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, is it fair to call him a hypocrite for enjoying the privilege of representing Team GB, accepting an OBE from the Queen of said Country?
I wonder if he sang when he captained the England school boy team?

Bassey the warrior

Yes it is. Personally I don't even know the national anthem never mind wanting to sing it. If he wants to make a point he shouldn't have accepted the OBE.

rusty shackleford

Admin

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 29, 2012, 07:56:48 PM
WHO CARES
[/quote

Some people do, even if you don't, can you please have something a little more creative to say or simply don't post.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Admin on July 29, 2012, 08:00:39 PM
WHO CARES

Some people do, even if you don't, can you please have something a little more creative to say or simply don't post.

I'm not going to waste my words beyond what I have to on a subject that is so tedious now. Why do people care about whether people sing the national anthem or not, it's just finding any old excuse to have a go at players.

Berserker

I felt torn when England played Wales. I would have to liked to sing both anthems but was in the England part at Wembley
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Admin

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 29, 2012, 08:05:02 PM
WHO CARES

I'm not going to waste my words beyond what I have to on a subject that is so tedious now. Why do people care about whether people sing the national anthem or not, it's just finding any old excuse to have a go at players.

Well you did waste your words by typing "WHO CARES" in large capitals to make a statement. Just move along..

TonyGilroy

I object to people objecting to Giggs refusing to sing. 

NogoodBoyo

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Admin on July 29, 2012, 08:08:08 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 29, 2012, 08:05:02 PM
WHO CARES

Well you did waste your words by typing "WHO CARES" in large capitals to make a statement. Just move along..

NogoodBoyo

I would also say "WHO CARES?!?!??!?....but I'm fraidyscared of being castigchised by an irritated Admin :take a bow:.
Nogood "but I don't care, really, maybe Giggs sings like a potato peel, isit" Boyo

TheDaddy

I object to people who are objecting that the objection  was overruled ! "officer"
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Mr_Moon

Admin

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on July 29, 2012, 08:27:45 PM
I would also say "WHO CARES?!?!??!?....but I'm fraidyscared of being castigchised by an irritated Admin :take a bow:.
Nogood "but I don't care, really, maybe Giggs sings like a potato peel, isit" Boyo

I don't care either, but I do care when someone else comes along and just types WHO CARES in capitals to make a statement. If someone doesn't really care, they'll just read and move on.

Mr_Moon

I'm offering him some friendly advice.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SouthfieldWhite

Someone should of seen this coming, Pearce was always passionate about singing the national anthem, albeit the English one, it doesn't really show a togetherness when so many don't sing, but maybe they should change the GB anthem to rule Britania or something

Other than that I agree with Admin

ImperialWhite

I'm adding to the "don't cares".

It's just a national anthem.

Sing it if you want to. Don't sing it if you don't want to - this isn't North Korea.

How much passion are we required to show? Shall we make our athletes weep with joy too?

ImperialWhite

While we're at it, how do the Northern Ireland athletes feel about playing for Team GB? Why isn't it Team UK?