watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan - Love or Hate

Started by Keefy, July 30, 2012, 12:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keefy

Bit strong but there are, it seems two distinctly differing views about this guy. One fellah whom I've sat next to for several years, someone who is usually fairly objective in his appraisals of our team hates him.  Feels that he is too lightweight and gives the ball away too cheaply in our half. Valid crititism to a degree but only half the picture.  I love his awareness and invention and remembering that he is not yet fully used to the Prem', a star in the making. A lot of what I like about Bryan simply cannot be taught.

Off my soapbox now.

rusty shackleford

If he didnt dally on the ball so long id love him. As he is now i like him. He has a touch of class that most of our other players dont have

leonffc

I like him but he frustrates me. When / if he gets to grips with English football he'll be brilliant (and linked to spurs, Liverpool etc).

Jambo

Its Barry Hayles all over again!!!  Half loved half didnt.  I for one think that Ruiz is pure class and will give the ball away more than most because he will always try the forward/attacking pass, Someone like Etuhu however will pass it back and sideways all day and never give the ball away... what better??
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

JBH

The guy is class I think he will be huge for us this season  065.gif

NogoodBoyo

I don't love or hate him but Jambo, it's not giving the ball away through attempting tough passes that bothered me; it was the fact that he was caught in possession as often as Martin Sheen in very dangerous positions.  Poor timing?  Lack of awareness?  Lack of skill?  I don't know but I just can't remember huge talents like Best, Moore and Dembele getting caught like that.
Having said that, watching the Clint goal fiesta, it amazed me how many of his goals came from exquisite Bryan assists.
The man has great talent.  It's up to Jol either to coach those problems out of him or to put him in the right position to take advantage of his talents and to limit his liabilities.
I think this will be his season.
Nogood "hope springs eternal, isit" Boyo

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on July 30, 2012, 01:15:28 PM
I don't love or hate him but Jambo, it's not giving the ball away through attempting tough passes that bothered me; it was the fact that he was caught in possession as often as Martin Sheen in very dangerous positions.  Poor timing?  Lack of awareness?  Lack of skill?  I don't know but I just can't remember huge talents like Best, Moore and Dembele getting caught like that.
Having said that, watching the Clint goal fiesta, it amazed me how many of his goals came from exquisite Bryan assists.
The man has great talent.  It's up to Jol either to coach those problems out of him or to put him in the right position to take advantage of his talents and to limit his liabilities.
I think this will be his season.
Nogood "hope springs eternal, isit" Boyo

Dembele has definitely been caught in possession several times. A good example would be the England v Belgium game where he was criminally robbed by Gerrard (I think) in his own half and Eng scored.

I think Ruiz is great, and if the only complaints that are levelled at him are that he is too lightweight, then that is fine with me.

TonyGilroy

He needs to adjust to the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

At times he found that tough last season and he needs to up his game. He knows that and so does Jol. His potential is enormous but I'm not confident he'll make the necessary adjustments.

I certainly haven't decided though that he won't.

valdeingruo

All first season Dembele arguments and counter arguments. I think he will come good. A season or so it seems is what it takes for a period of adjustment. Most examples of transfers from other leagues that fit right in are way out of our pay and transfer bracket and I'm fine with that. Rather smart and sensible. Though some may argue 10+ isn't sensible it is when you look at some comes paid for other players that have done just as well last term.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

ToodlesMcToot

The same kinds of things were being said about Dembélé not so long ago. There were greater differences in opinion about Dempsey as well.

Of course this is no predictor of greatness in and of itself, but there are other commonalities like the creativity he shows, his willingness to continue playing his game even when he makes mistakes, and he takes his chances.

I predict he'll show his value soon enough and we'll all be worrying when some bigger team will come in for him,.......just like with the Dems.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

itombomb

He is ludicrously skillful, but needed to get quicker and stronger with a better understanding of the pace of the game.

It is a real shame he missed so much time through injury last season, but I think a full pre-season will do him wonders.

domprague

Agree. I'm excited about what he can produce this season.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

MOR :

Lighthouse

I think he is superb going forward and a better player than Dembele in the last third. Will be a real star this season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

There's something about him I really like.

I get a bit frustrated when he is pushed off the ball though, noticed this at Bolton just before he got injured.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mr_Moon

I believe those who 'hate'/dislike him are driven on by his appearance. Of course his transfer fee plays a part but I do believe that football fans here have this prejudice against long haired footballers.

costarican white

Well, I love him, and I consider myself a very objective person regarding him.... yeah right...
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

Reindeer

I find these type of posts irritating.

Hating one of our most talented players? Starting things off with his hair etc.  It just grinds my gears.

He'll do well next season and will have adjusted his game accordingly.  Players with skill can do that sort of thing.  Perhaps PR can request he gets a skinhead to appease the doubters, who in my opinion, have probably never kicked a ball in there lives.

Azeedo

People tend to forget that he actually pick Fulham over Newcastle, so basically he loves the club but most fans don't like him because well IDK..........

CanadianCottager

Love Bryan, his chips are spectacular, but his fish tends to be a little soggy, still not too bad for his first year in England.