watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Clint trying to force a move?

Started by Hammer Smith, July 30, 2012, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

I happen to think there's something to this story but for all concerned, it needs to be resolved ASAP.

If he's going to move, we need to get the best price and resolve quickly so we can re-invest. I've loved Clints contribution to Fulham but by not signing the new contract, it's clear he wants a new challenge.

If it goes to the end of the window, his value will start to reduce along with our chance to find a replacement at a decent price.

mccscratch

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on July 30, 2012, 08:03:05 PM
Eddie Johnson's latest tweet:

Dempsey will be a great contribution to Liverpool. #topplayer

Ugh...surely the man currently possessed by Finnster01 (Eddie Johnson) would not say anything positive about Clint going to Liverpool...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Bassey the warrior

The entire thing is fabricated. It's the most unreliable source on the internet along with Talksport. They just magic up stories.

Gozorich

There's no question that Dempsey has been a great asset to FFC. My son is a signed-up Dempseyite but I keep telling him that whilst I accept all of Dempsey's attributes I have this niggling feeling that something is lacking.

I don't know what it is, if I did I could be a Premiership manager, but much as I admire him and want him to stay I still have a slight doubt and think he will be found out under the scrutiny of a top four club's media coverage.

I want him to stay because he is an important part of how we play but I won't be heartbroken if he goes and we get loads of dosh. :028:

Admin

OK.. I've just been told that he's gone/going - fact. I really hope my source is wrong on this one  fp.gif

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Admin on July 30, 2012, 10:04:34 PM
OK.. I've just been told that he's gone/going - fact. I really hope my source is wrong on this one  fp.gif
You and your source! Maybe you should lay off it for awhile?

Fact!

rusty shackleford

I really dont care anymore. Its twitters fault. Everything is blown out of proportion! We have survived before and we will survive again.

It kinda irks me that he will wind up in the dickhead-iest team in the league, but ill get over it.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Admin on July 30, 2012, 07:27:38 PM
he told fans that he loves players who scores goals.

Well, who doesn't love players who score goals?

He didn't travel with the team, apparently he's 'injured'. Well...

Admin

This is getting very, very messy. I've never known a situation like this where a player is literally being sold by the media. So much so, I just don't know what to believe any more. They just won't give up and they are becoming more and more aggressive with each story. They won't be happy until Dempsey has gone to Liverpool and that is that. Not a care in the world for Fulham. 

The manager says one thing, the club another, the player something else and the media have him in a Liverpool shirt. 

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Admin on July 30, 2012, 10:30:17 PM
This is getting very, very messy. I've never known a situation like this where a player is literally being sold by the media. So much so, I just don't know what to believe any more. They just won't give up and they are becoming more and more aggressive with each story. They won't be happy until Dempsey has gone to Liverpool and that is that. Not a care in the world for Fulham. 

The manager says one thing, the club another, the player something else and the media have him in a Liverpool shirt. 

I second that. But I can only reiterate what I said before, Admin. I think he's gone. And the media will certainly have played their part.

rusty shackleford

Ready made nickname if everyone decides to hate the man after he leaves

btings

Quote from: Admin on July 30, 2012, 10:30:17 PM

Possibly coincidental, but this sort of thing is not uncommon in American sports, particularly regarding the NBA, where the media are collectively enamored of the idea that all great players must inevitably move to New York, LA, or Chicago.  A lot of this is couched in language about it being "in the interest of the league" to move better players to larger media markets.  (And since American sports leagues are themselves corporate entities, there is a certain logic to it in that case, however outdated it may be.)

Tomo

Personally I think that Fulham should just let him go it's quite clear he doesn't want to stay at Fulham otherwise he would have released a statement or a story on Clint but there has been little if anything on the official website about Clint. If we can get a good sum of money in which we will re-invest in a Center Midfielder and a Striker I will be happy. I think we should give Frei a go and we've always got Digger and Rodallega can play out wide. He's 29 years old and wants his final pay day lets hope that he doesn't realize the grass isn't greener. If Liverpool do manage to secure a top 4 position (looks unlikely) then fair play to Dempsey for going but I think the main interest for Fulham here is that the situation is resolved as quick as possible so we have sufficient time to find replacements.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

NorthernWhite

I mentioned before that I thought this story had some truth in it. Interestingly, Clints brother Ryan writes for Goal.com so I think it's fair to say that do have a legitimate person that would feed them info.

Not for the 1st time though, Liverpools use of the media to unsettle a player has been disgusting.

Lighthouse

The club have said that as the Switzerland training camp does not have the right facilities to treat Demps and they thought it best to leave him getting treatment at home.

True or not that is what is being touted by the club.

I don't think any of us would begrudge a move for Demps. But not at Liverpool.  As I have said before I doubt Liverpool will be that much better than us  and I am far from sure he would fit into their side. I was met with hoots of derision from a few when I said that last time. But I said the same about Hodgson going to them as manager.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NogoodBoyo

I think so.
Nogood "but I dunno, isit" Boyo

ToodlesMcToot

If he's bound and determined to go, then by all means.....and lets use the windfall to lock up Dembele long term so we can profit from him when he decides to leave.

Hopefully, Jol already has a transfer kitty in hand to buy another striker and replacement for Murph.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 31, 2012, 12:12:48 AM

Hopefully, Jol already has a transfer kitty in hand to buy another striker

Carlton Cole fp.gif

YankeeJim

Just heard the latest. The real problem is that Jol didn't resign Murphy. Clint & Danny have had a thing for each other for the last two years. Clint has agreed to a move to Blackburn witha substantial pay cut so that he can be with him.  :004:

Somebody tell me the transfer window is closed.  089.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JBH

Quote from: Tomo on July 30, 2012, 11:11:21 PM
Personally I think that Fulham should just let him go it's quite clear he doesn't want to stay at Fulham otherwise he would have released a statement or a story on Clint but there has been little if anything on the official website about Clint. If we can get a good sum of money in which we will re-invest in a Center Midfielder and a Striker I will be happy. I think we should give Frei a go and we've always got Digger and Rodallega can play out wide. He's 29 years old and wants his final pay day lets hope that he doesn't realize the grass isn't greener. If Liverpool do manage to secure a top 4 position (looks unlikely) then fair play to Dempsey for going but I think the main interest for Fulham here is that the situation is resolved as quick as possible so we have sufficient time to find replacements.

All this is fine but as I said in a post yesterday, If Clint wants to leave all he needs to do is PUT IN A TRANSFER REQUEST instead of his agent/Liverpool generating stories on his behalf in the press which may be happening at the moment.

I like Clint and I truely believe he is a better man than these rumours are making him look but if he wants out then say so publically and stop hiding behind the media rumours  065.gif