watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Clint trying to force a move?

Started by Hammer Smith, July 30, 2012, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

west kowloon white

He must be aware Liverpool would be a dodgy move having seen Hodgson/Adam/Caroll prosper there.Think a  v good but not great player(more than his fair share of "could have gone anywhere goals"?)
Only seem to recall a ridiculous link with Arsenal,otherwise no interest?
What will be,will be.....worry how the void will be filled though.

Tomo

Quote from: JBH on July 31, 2012, 06:12:50 AM
Quote from: Tomo on July 30, 2012, 11:11:21 PM
Personally I think that Fulham should just let him go it's quite clear he doesn't want to stay at Fulham otherwise he would have released a statement or a story on Clint but there has been little if anything on the official website about Clint. If we can get a good sum of money in which we will re-invest in a Center Midfielder and a Striker I will be happy. I think we should give Frei a go and we've always got Digger and Rodallega can play out wide. He's 29 years old and wants his final pay day lets hope that he doesn't realize the grass isn't greener. If Liverpool do manage to secure a top 4 position (looks unlikely) then fair play to Dempsey for going but I think the main interest for Fulham here is that the situation is resolved as quick as possible so we have sufficient time to find replacements.

All this is fine but as I said in a post yesterday, If Clint wants to leave all he needs to do is PUT IN A TRANSFER REQUEST instead of his agent/Liverpool generating stories on his behalf in the press which may be happening at the moment.

I like Clint and I truely believe he is a better man than these rumours are making him look but if he wants out then say so publically and stop hiding behind the media rumours  065.gif

This is true, he should put in an official transfer request but perhaps he doesn't want to? The players who usually do this leave on bad terms I.e Modric. Perhaps Clint isn't being the one to cause unrest and its more Fulham trying to push him out. Perhaps he wants to see out the remainder of his contract and leave on a free but Fulham don't want this so they are trying to make him leave now for a fee rather than on a free transfer. What ever happens I just hope we either get a good fee (10+ Million) or him to end speculation and sign a new contract and he retires a Fulham Icon.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

alfie

All this fuss over what he said this and they say that.

My view

I will wait until either Fulham Football Club say that he has signed a new contract or that he has been sold.

Until then i just don't worry, some people seem to get so hot under the collar about things they have no way of knowing are true or not.

As a poster indicated earlier, it is all being played out in the media, maybe it's true maybe it's not.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TonyGilroy

What will be will be.

Dembele also is in the last year of his contract and, we are told, is interesting ManU and Spurs. Yet he's playing a full part in pre season training and friendlies.

Dempsey always takes a later break because of his USA commitments every summer.

I've no doubt he wants a move to a big club but who knows whether he regards Liverpool as big enough or what other interest there is in him.

Remembering how the club handled the Schwarzer/Arsenal situation it's clear that the club could easily simply refuse him a move and hope to get him signed up to a longer contract once the window's closed.

JBH

This is true, he should put in an official transfer request but perhaps he doesn't want to? The players who usually do this leave on bad terms I.e Modric. Perhaps Clint isn't being the one to cause unrest and its more Fulham trying to push him out. Perhaps he wants to see out the remainder of his contract and leave on a free but Fulham don't want this so they are trying to make him leave now for a fee rather than on a free transfer. What ever happens I just hope we either get a good fee (10+ Million) or him to end speculation and sign a new contract and he retires a Fulham Icon.
[/quote]

If Fulham are trying to make him leave then why have we offered him a 3 year record contract (this is a fact)

MJG

Gone are the days of players really putting in a transfer request. They lose too much money by doing so. So they/agents cause all the problems. Same as clubs putting players on lists, that dont really happen anymore..they are made available.
Again some comments are trying to put the club in a bad light..rubbish..as I said before he's going to be looking after himself, this image that he would never do anything wrong makes me sick.
He has a new contract offer..sign it or do one.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2012, 09:11:48 AM

He has a new contract offer..sign it or do one.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me for him to want to spend some time seeing what other possibilities exist before agreeing or rejecting a new contract with us.

There will be brinkmanship in play here but as we get closer to the end of August and the possible replacements we're considering become unavailable the club may well simply let him see out his contract.

Apart from anything else it's wise not to believe anything the media are feeding us.

MJG

And the allowing players to run down contracts is something we seem to do too much. Too many players here have left for nothing over the last few seasons.Players who cost is a pretty penny as well.
Yes its about who wants him..which in Dempseys case seems to be just Liverpool.
Those who think he's so great and wonderful may want to explain why a player who scored over 20 goals last season does not seem wanted by at least two or three clubs?
This is going to stretch on till the last day of the window and he's going to go for something stupid like 4-5 million.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2012, 09:24:38 AM
And the allowing players to run down contracts is something we seem to do too much. Too many players here have left for nothing over the last few seasons.Players who cost is a pretty penny as well.
Those who think he's so great and wonderful may want to explain why a player who scored over 20 goals last season does not seem wanted by at least two or three clubs?
This is going to stretch on till the last day of the window and he's going to go for something stupid like 4-5 million.

Out of interest, which players have Fulham let go of for nothing where we could have gotten a good fee?

epsomraver

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 31, 2012, 09:34:57 AM

Out of interest, which players have Fulham let go of for nothing where we could have gotten a good fee?

AJ for one

zzamora

Quote from: epsomraver on July 31, 2012, 09:38:23 AM

AJ for one

Oh yeah. We could've sold AJ for a good fee.

In the end, we did agree to sell him to Wigan in a straight swap for Rodallega, but he's a money grabbing little twit and elected to stay in London, rather than fight for Wigan.

The straight swap kinda happened in the end. AJ out, Rodallega in.

AlFayedsChequebook

AJ for one

Ha!

Who would have paid more than £1m for that 33yr old crock? Let not rewrite history here lads. Its not as if the clubs is letting go players who are in the peak of their careers and in their mid 20s.

MJG

Good fee..I see what you did their.
My point is that we have spent good money on players and we have let their contracts run down. Something I think is wrong when we are a club still losing money over the long term.
Well three of our most expensive players have gone for free in the past..Johnson-Kamara-Marlet what did they cost..somewhere in the region of 25m.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2012, 09:47:38 AM
Good fee..I see what you did their.
My point is that we have spent good money on players and we have let their contracts run down. Something I think is wrong when we are a club still losing money over the long term.
Well three of our most expensive players have gone for free in the past..Johnson-Kamara-Marlet what did they cost..somewhere in the region of 25m.

I'd say that was a failure of scouting and the initial bid. The reason they all were not resigned is because they were all poor.

The reason they were all not sold earlier is because they were either not wanted or Fulham decided the fee they would get did not represent sufficient value (i.e. Selling AJ after 2 yrs of his contract for £1m is not as good value as keeping him in the team)

In the end, the losses were cut, which is better than resigning them in the hope of flogging them.

Its all a bit crazy and it is money down the drain but it is how football works.

TonyGilroy

We pay a transfer fee for someone and give them a 3 or 4 year deal. A year or two in we may want to extend the deal and frequently players do sign extended deals (Dempsey for one did) but if they don't want to then there's no way the club can force their hand.

Ultimately we may be stuck with a choice of selling low when the contract has a year to go or losing the player for nothing.

Works both ways of course as Petric and Rodellega have both arrived on frees because they wouldn't extend their contracts with their previous clubs.

We have to recognise our place in the food chain as a stepping stone for players on their way up or a last contract for those on the way down but with something to offer.

When Arsenal can't keep their best players why should we think we can?

epsomraver

Quote from: ddeuce on July 31, 2012, 09:41:29 AM

would you want to go from a mansion in Cobham to live in Wigan? be fair

AJ for one

Oh yeah. We could've sold AJ for a good fee.

In the end, we did agree to sell him to Wigan in a straight swap for Rodallega, but he's a money grabbing little twit and elected to stay in London, rather than fight for Wigan.

The straight swap kinda happened in the end. AJ out, Rodallega in.

ElissonSnygg

Sarah Brookes ‏@sarahbrookes1

@FulhamDan he [Dempsey] and Hugo at training ground working on fitness. Neither travelled.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

rusty shackleford

Dempsey on twitter:

"Go hard make sure you do whatever it is that you gotta do that's your job and people gonna hate but that's no prob"Wiz Khalifa

west kowloon white

'go hard'-thank you and good night-off to bed HK time-thanks for the advice Clint.
Posted by non clique member

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on July 31, 2012, 08:25:40 AM
All this fuss over what he said this and they say that.

My view

I will wait until either Fulham Football Club say that he has signed a new contract or that he has been sold.

Until then i just don't worry, some people seem to get so hot under the collar about things they have no way of knowing are true or not.

As a poster indicated earlier, it is all being played out in the media, maybe it's true maybe it's not.

agree. Nobody posting on this thread or others knows for a FACT that Dempsey wants to go, Fulham wants to let him go, Liverpool is the destination, Dempsey has refused a new contract, or even if Dempsey has been offered a new contract.

Yes, the press has been overbearing about this, but that's not the Fulham board's fault and it's not Clint's fault.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel