https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Clint trying to force a move?

Started by Hammer Smith, July 30, 2012, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on July 31, 2012, 03:30:28 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 31, 2012, 08:25:40 AM
All this fuss over what he said this and they say that.

My view

I will wait until either Fulham Football Club say that he has signed a new contract or that he has been sold.

Until then i just don't worry, some people seem to get so hot under the collar about things they have no way of knowing are true or not.

As a poster indicated earlier, it is all being played out in the media, maybe it's true maybe it's not.

agree. Nobody posting on this thread or others knows for a FACT that Dempsey wants to go, Fulham wants to let him go, Liverpool is the destination, Dempsey has refused a new contract, or even if Dempsey has been offered a new contract.

Yes, the press has been overbearing about this, but that's not the Fulham board's fault and it's not Clint's fault.
Some are saying that at the Met game last week Jol said that Fulham had offered him a new contract and he so far not signed. So is Jol lying or the people saying he said that?

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: west kowloon white on July 31, 2012, 02:50:10 PM
'go hard'-thank you and good night-off to bed HK time-thanks for the advice Clint.
Posted by non clique member

He doesn't mean 'go hard' as in to leave - it means to try your best and put in maximum effort. Just thought I'd let you know in case you'd read that wrongly.

mccscratch

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 31, 2012, 02:31:05 PM
Dempsey on twitter:

"Go hard make sure you do whatever it is that you gotta do that's your job and people gonna hate but that's no prob"Wiz Khalifa

Could easily interpret that as... nobody wants me other than Fulham... all a bunch of haters who think I am not good enough.. I will show them....
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Lighthouse

Or he could just be re quoting the American Rapper or just saying something that has nothing to do with his transfer. I do hope when we post something people don't think it relates directly to something. I posted the Chumbawaba song on Facebook yesterday. It didn't relate to anything going on in my life. Just felt like posting it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2012, 04:09:31 PM
Or he could just be re quoting the American Rapper or just saying something that has nothing to do with his transfer. I do hope when we post something people don't think it relates directly to something. I posted the Chumbawaba song on Facebook yesterday. It didn't relate to anything going on in my life. Just felt like posting it.

And there was me thinking it was something to do with your park bench again. Sorry.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

mccscratch

In case some missed it... here is from ESPN...

A Fulham spokesperson told ESPN: "Clint remained behind to work on his fitness along with Hugo Rodallega.

"Contrary to popular belief the player has not refused to go, he has not had a bust up with the manager, he and Martin Jol get on fine.

"Equally we have not had an offer for Clint and nor would the club welcome one."

Dempsey has previously said he is keen to play in the Champions League before the end of his career and is looking to move on this summer, with Liverpool seemingly leading the race for his services.

Fulham will play Nice in France on Saturday after spending the week in Switzerland.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Porkopolis

I think Clint wants to make as much money as possible while doing so somewhere that fulfills him; I do the same thing in my line of work and so do most of the posters here. Clint may have every intention of staying at the Cottage or he may be determined to leave; we simply don't know. A guy that lives down the street from me is a very famous major league baseball player who just signed a $260m contract...he certainly used the fear of going to another club as leverage when he had every desire to stay with his current organization. Any savvy player would do the same.

Basil

nevzter

Quote from: Porkopolis on July 31, 2012, 05:06:30 PM
I think Clint wants to make as much money as possible while doing so somewhere that fulfills him; I do the same thing in my line of work and so do most of the posters here. Clint may have every intention of staying at the Cottage or he may be determined to leave; we simply don't know. A guy that lives down the street from me is a very famous major league baseball player who just signed a $260m contract...he certainly used the fear of going to another club as leverage when he had every desire to stay with his current organization. Any savvy player would do the same.

Is Pujols a good neighbor?
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on July 31, 2012, 04:50:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2012, 04:09:31 PM

And there was me thinking it was something to do with your park bench again. Sorry.

:011: :wine:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Terry Angus

Quote from: west kowloon white on July 31, 2012, 02:50:10 PM
'go hard'-thank you and good night-off to bed HK time-thanks for the advice Clint.
Posted by non clique member

to be fair i actually read his twitter for the first time last night and i can tell you, even for a footballer/american, he doesn't half chat poo. i couldn't understand a word of it. his tweets could mean anything

Porkopolis

Quote from: nevzter on July 31, 2012, 06:04:53 PM
Quote from: Porkopolis on July 31, 2012, 05:06:30 PM

Is Pujols a good neighbor?

Ha ha, wrong extremely wealthy first baseman. This one (Votto) can still hit and my wife certainly thinks he is good to look at.

MJG

Yes he was & is

Goal.com seem to have got this one right.