watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

adam and n‘gog

Started by cookie123, August 12, 2012, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I read this exclusive by the people with dismay. On my Twitter I was told that this was our solution and that I should be happy with it. Cookie, come on, Ngog is no good. Hes been a multiple clubs and all sets of fans say hes a let down. At 3m I'd be embarressed to put it bluntly.
Adam is the interesting choice. His range of passing and aggression would benefit us but to some extent I worry for a player who would try and make us play his way like at Blackpool making him the centre piece. Could he and Moussa clash in the middle too? This isn't our style but I think overall he would be a great addition.
I'll finish with a god no to Ngog again and like others have mentioned about the stupidity of some of the comments here I feel my IQ has dropped because of it.

Lighthouse

The Mirror say our bid has been turned down and we may return with another as our bid for the Celtic striker was also turned down. Not sure what this says about our ambition or financial state. We will no doubt find out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2012, 09:28:00 AM
The Mirror say our bid has been turned down and we may return with another as our bid for the Celtic striker was also turned down. Not sure what this says about our ambition or financial state. We will no doubt find out.

It says the square root of FA.

The papers have not got even one story right about Fulham this silly season. We have been linked with so many players, ones who were 'definitely on their way' etc and yet the signings we did make were not picked up by the press until the day they signed.

Perhaps this off season has been completely awful and Fulham are screwed, but this appears to be the case every summer and yet we are well run and organised and keep things quiet. Probably why papers like The Mirror have to make up stuff about us - because there is little of substance that gets out the club.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2012, 09:28:00 AM

If you believe the press we've bid ridiculous amounts for dozens of players and always been knocked back.

We're either incredibly stupid and incapable of learning or it's bollox.

If we really want someone we'll have to pay the going rate.

Tomo

Adam would be a big yes from me, he has a wonderful passing ability a little rough around the edges but Jol will sort that. N'gog I always thought could be the next Anelka he has little sparks of quality but I think I'd rather go for Rhodes even if he has not been tested at this level.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

TonyGilroy

If we end up with Ngog it won't be because he's cheap it'll be becausae Jol sees the potential and thinks he can realise it.

I think that would make him a magician.

FFC1987

If Jol can make Ngog look like Anelka he's Jesus (miracle worker)

Bassey the warrior

Last season I'd have jumped at the chance for Adam playing. But with the arrival of Diarra I don't see where he would play. I like Dembele in centre midfield. I guess we could play 4-3-3 but it would be a waste to play Ruiz out wide. He's a classic number 10. For me our formation is right and our central midfield pairing is right. All we need is cover for Dembele, another striker and another right winger. If Dempsey leaves we'll obviously need to replace him and likewise with Dembele.

mccscratch

Quote from: The Moose on August 13, 2012, 02:47:25 PM
Last season I'd have jumped at the chance for Adam playing. But with the arrival of Diarra I don't see where he would play. I like Dembele in centre midfield. I guess we could play 4-3-3 but it would be a waste to play Ruiz out wide. He's a classic number 10. For me our formation is right and our central midfield pairing is right. All we need is cover for Dembele, another striker and another right winger. If Dempsey leaves we'll obviously need to replace him and likewise with Dembele.

Ruiz played wide ina 433 @ Twente... Played on the right and cut in a lot like Duff (and Dempsey)
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Mr Fulham

Quote from: mccscratch on August 13, 2012, 03:39:36 PM

Ruiz played wide ina 433 @ Twente... Played on the right and cut in a lot like Duff (and Dempsey)

BIG difference between Eredivise and PL, big difference between Eredivise 4-3-3 and PL 4-3-3. I think we've seen how Ruiz fares in a wing position in the PL. I'd rather see him as an attacking mid.

Jack Fulham

Not sure the club will invest in a new right winger whilst Duff and Davies are still at the club.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 13, 2012, 06:15:53 PM

Not sure the club will invest in a new right winger whilst Duff and Davies are still at the club.
Both 33 and (very) injury prone. Next one is Mesca. I think it's the weakest link in the current side.

Bassey the warrior

Davies will soon leave I expect. Duff still has a role to play but signing a right footed winger would give us options.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: mccscratch on August 13, 2012, 03:39:36 PM

I know but it's a less intense league than the Premier League. He didn't really impress when he did that this season. Playing off the striker however he looked impressive.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: The Moose on August 13, 2012, 06:33:12 PM

Davies will soon leave I expect. Duff still has a role to play but signing a right footed winger would give us options.

I think he will see his contract out.