watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

jol on dempsey

Started by stokesy, August 18, 2012, 05:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokesy

looks like the door is still open for dempsey he needs to get rid of his agent,a good interview by martin on ssn.

cebu

I didn't hear/see the interview - can you tell us the gist of it?

tslyon

From the BBC Sport website, "Fulham boss Martin Jol: "Clint Dempsey wanted to move and we thought there was an option. We all like him. He's our top goalscorer. I told him I almost love him as a son last year. So hopefully for Fulham it's better if he stays here. There's no offer on the table.""

Hmmm.  I'm confused, although that happens quite regularly....

Grant

Arsenal are going to have a lot of money to spend, so if they want him, Clint is an easy target.

cebu

Bearing in mind what happened during the Tevez saga last season, maybe there is a way back for Demps.

tslyon

I sincerely hope it doesn't go that poorly.  Stay or go, please with a bit of class.

Berserker

There's always a way it just depends if people decide to take it. As said by others, decision sooner that later please
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Matt_Keen

I've really put the knife in on Dempsey over the past couple of days, but in truth, I'd like him to stay - I can't see there being a U-turn on this one though.
On the bright side, I thought we looked a better unit today than we perhaps do sometimes when Dempsey plays.

Ordar

Arsenal and Liverpool will come in for him. I think thats absolutely certain. £10-12 mil would be impossible to turn down. Looking at those 2 sides though, I cant see either accomplishing anything this year

Terry Angus

if demspey were available today, where would you have him in that starting xi?! unless he can play on the wing, i wouldn't have him in that team anyway. if he signs a new deal, good. if we sell him for £4m or more, even better. worst outcome in my eyes is just being stuck with him without him committing to the club and leaving for free next year

fulhamben

on a serious note, i think we looked the most balanced ive ever seen us today, id rather get the dosh for clint now and invest in players who want to be here and that jol wants to be here.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

If two clubs want him then that only helps Fulham too, hike that price right up!

General

Quote from: tslyon on August 18, 2012, 05:50:57 PM
From the BBC Sport website, "Fulham boss Martin Jol: "Clint Dempsey wanted to move and we thought there was an option. We all like him. He's our top goalscorer. I told him I almost love him as a son last year. So hopefully for Fulham it's better if he stays here. There's no offer on the table.""

Hmmm.  I'm confused, although that happens quite regularly....

This is why he's such a good manager - it's the small extra bits that make you as good as you end up being at the top...

Clint Dempsey wanted to move and we thought there was an option.

obviously it's a bit of a change of tune, but think it'll go by a bit unnoticed which is supremely well played by Jol - then Dempsey doesn't look as bad, but still looks misguided and stupid. It also in reality shows that Fulham may have even supported him in moving.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 06:20:23 PM
if demspey were available today, where would you have him in that starting xi?! unless he can play on the wing, i wouldn't have him in that team anyway. if he signs a new deal, good. if we sell him for £4m or more, even better. worst outcome in my eyes is just being stuck with him without him committing to the club and leaving for free next year

086.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Terry Angus

"If you take it literally it is a bit harsh to say he refused to play," said Jol. "If you want to move you don't want to take risks in case you get an injury. It was an awkward situation for us.

"Someone told him Liverpool wanted him and his head was turned, but for us there was nothing on the table.

"We feel he should stay if there is no other bid. Hopefully he will play for us again. He was a terrific player for us, the most productive in the whole league."

Jol quoted in the Telegraph

mccscratch

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

YankeeJim

Quote from: mccscratch on August 18, 2012, 07:01:53 PM

:plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Patterson

I think this is a case of the media attention unsettling both sides more than it may seem.  I think that if it calms down and things settle down a bit that Clint could very well see that not moving is not a failure for him.  Today certainly helped our chances of seeing him play again in a Fulham jersey.

You know, we've been going off hearsay and second-hand quotes mostly and I don't think any of us know the real situation between Clint and the club.  It may not be as irreparable and ugly as it seems to us on the outside.  The media have a way of turning mundane quotes into MASSIVELY IMPORTANT STATEMENTS.  Things are never as the papers make them seem.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Mr Fulham

I'd love him to stay
We really showed off today but I think Clint still offers us something we currently don't have in our squad. He is still our best player and I'd be over the moon if he stays with us.

You know, I don't buy into these fine/refuse to play kind of thing.
We're protecting him and Dempsey's agent is generating a fair bit of noise.

It's not over until Jan Molby sings...you never know.

Berserker

Yes i still live in hope Mr Fulham
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.