more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eduardo in talks discuss and Douglas to choose between us and newcastle

Started by Tooting legend, August 21, 2012, 11:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 21, 2012, 02:36:47 PM
I wonder if the reason we are seemingly going after a CB "early" (don't seem to need one) is that we are further apart than we think with Hangeland's extension.

Just a thought.

That aside, we should definitely get Douglas if we can afford him and still address more pressing needs.

It's a no on Eduardo for me. Just can't see spending the money on him. Apply the money to picking up Rhodes and the player from Brescia.
someone ontiff saying he is off next year
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 21, 2012, 02:36:47 PM
I wonder if the reason we are seemingly going after a CB "early" (don't seem to need one) is that we are further apart than we think with Hangeland's extension.

Just a thought.

That aside, we should definitely get Douglas if we can afford him and still address more pressing needs.

It's a no on Eduardo for me. Just can't see spending the money on him. Apply the money to picking up Rhodes and the player from Brescia.

Over on Tiff, a regular poster has said that Hangeland and the club have come to a mutual agreement that he will leave next summer.

I hope this is not true, because he has lots more to offer. The idea of mutually agreeing to a departure this early does seem like a load of rubbish though.

NUFCFan

Hey guys,

NUFC fan here.

Just to let you know Fulham have agreed a fee for Douglas for around 5.5m euros and his agent has flown to London.

We'll have to wait and see if we come in last minute.

FFC1987

Quote from: NUFCFan on August 21, 2012, 02:54:42 PM
Hey guys,

NUFC fan here.

Just to let you know Fulham have agreed a fee for Douglas for around 5.5m euros and his agent has flown to London.

Hey, welcome to the forum.

This made me chuckle, another sweat out with NCFC on the deadline day...

NUFCFan

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 21, 2012, 02:56:09 PM
Hey guys,

NUFC fan here.

Thanks.

Who else were you competing for with us?

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

NUFCFan

Quote from: fulhamben on August 21, 2012, 03:00:36 PM
ruiz ruiz ruiz ruiz
Oh yeah.

Although I'm sure it was revealed we never even bid in the end.

Reminds of when we bid for Charles N'Zogbia with about 30 minutes to go.

Typical Ashley trying to pretend he's trying to sign players.

Looks like Ruiz will come good for you after a slow start.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: NUFCFan on August 21, 2012, 02:59:47 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 21, 2012, 02:56:09 PM
Hey guys,

NUFC fan here.

Thanks.

Who else were you competing for with us?

That boy Bryan Ruiz!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

NUFCFan

Would be pretty disappointed if you got Douglas tbh. He's been one of our main targets this summer and without seeing him play I've heard good things.

Also, Graham Carr will have scouted him and he's almost never wrong with players :)

Matt Inglis

I would love to get Douglas. I don't think Hughes or Hangeland have signed new contracts, though. Therefore I am also a bit worried that one of them would be off. I'd hate to see a great partnership like theirs end.

On the Eduardo front I'd rather have Rhodes for 7m personally.

As a side note:- Arguing about grammar.. really? I don't remember ever seeing that sort of stuff happen prior to the great blow up of Cottage Corner.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

LBNo11

...@NUFCFan, what do you think of the Fulham supporting Mr Pardew now the initial reaction to his appointment has settled down..?

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NUFCFan

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 21, 2012, 03:18:30 PM
...@NUFCFan, what do you think of the Fulham supporting Mr Pardew now the initial reaction to his appointment has settled down..?

I'm not sure if I understood that right, but if you're asking what the fans think about Pardew then they're starting to love the guy.

The initial reaction was obviously one of disgust really. We couldn't understand why we'd sack Hughton, who did a pretty respectable job and appoint Pardew who'd not done anything in his previous jobs.

The job he did last season was incredible, and you also have to praise Ashley and his staff for the structure they put in place.

The fans really trust and like him now.

LBNo11

..the initial reaction to his appointment was pretty clarty, I suppose after the appointment of the previous 'cockney mafia' (including the loathesome Mr wise) it was an inevitable reaction. I think Mr Pardew will do well for you...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Scrumpy

Anyway, back to the main topic of this thread.
You don't see many semi-colons around these days, do you? :015:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 21, 2012, 04:53:15 PM
Anyway, back to the main topic of this thread.
You don't see many semi-colons around these days, do you? :015:

Well, there does seem to be a fair amount of colons about.   :dft012:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 21, 2012, 02:03:43 PM
The mods adopt the sensible system of merging threads when appropriate, but I wonder whether there is a case for splitting them with ones like this. So confusing.  fp.gif

Anyway, to the point. I would be delighted if Douglas joined us, but not so thrilled if we signed Eduardo.

Oops no, sorry, what I intended was to ask ddeuce whether it is correct to say "get out of bed the wrong side". Shouldn't it be "get out of bed ON the wrong side"?

I think you will find it is  'I is not getting art of me sack for no 1 matey'. You can use the past participle if you like but then it would be gone and you would only have the stick left.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

What a signing Douglas would be! Promising that the big ones in Dutch media are reporting this accepted bid. Although as the Ruiz/Chadli transfers dragged on for ages I'm not holding my breath.

Bassey the warrior

Douglas would be an outstanding signing and the figure on Twitter is £5.5 million, a great price. Very harsh on Hughes though, he had an excellent game on Saturday. Still Hangeland and Douglas would be immense.

FFC1987

Quote from: The Moose on August 21, 2012, 05:20:34 PM
Douglas would be an outstanding signing and the figure on Twitter is £5.5 million, a great price. Very harsh on Hughes though, he had an excellent game on Saturday. Still Hangeland and Douglas would be immense.

To make it better, I'm reading its actually 5million Euros.

HatterDon

I stopped reading this thread at the end of page one, since there was hardly any discussion about these two chaps.

I will say, however, if we're talking about two transfers in at 11.5 million, then there must already be a deal for Dempsey,and possibley for Dembele as well. We don't have that kind of dosh usually.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel