News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint back training with the first team today...

Started by mccscratch, August 21, 2012, 09:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

Quote from: sacffc on August 22, 2012, 04:58:57 AM
I'm probably hopelessly naive, but I'd like to see Clint get Champions League football playing with the team that was so impressive against Norwich last weekend.

I have been saying the same thing all along and people think I am a loon...

We are a damn fine football team but because we don't have 20 million pound transfers in that the media fawn all over people just assume that only top 10 should be a goal. Fact is, we have one of the better starting XIs in the league outside Manure, Citeh and Chelsea.

Arsenal is good but not a lot better and neither is Spurs and Liverpool they just have more "names"
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

PaulUMD

I've been saying this for weeks, but...don't be surprised if Clint takes offense to this lack of interest from the big clubs, signs long term with Fulham and makes it his life's mission to prove every single one of those teams wrong for slighting him. 

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: PaulUMD on August 22, 2012, 05:31:58 AM
I've been saying this for weeks, but...don't be surprised if Clint takes offense to this lack of interest from the big clubs, signs long term with Fulham and makes it his life's mission to prove every single one of those teams wrong for slighting him. 
I'd settle for that Paul. And after all, none of us is perfect and none of us knows the full story here.

grandad

All the gossip in the papers today tells of all the possible clubs interested in Dempsey are interested in other players. They all seem to have dropped him like a wet fish.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Quote from: grandad on August 22, 2012, 08:13:56 AM
All the gossip in the papers today tells of all the possible clubs interested in Dempsey are interested in other players. They all seem to have dropped him like a wet fish.
And does anyone have any reasons why clubs don't seem to want him?
I have given my tactical reasons before why we are not being trampled down by clubs, just wonder what other people think?
I will say I don't think it has anything to do with him 'being on strike'

JBH

Call me cynical but prehaps it was a case of no training no wages!!

MasterHaynes

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 22, 2012, 01:58:55 AM
I have a certain failing that once I've been seriously jilted, made a fool of, or downright insulted, I tend to give someone one or two chances, then I move on.  I don't like looking back, going back or inviting someone back after bad blood has been spilled. 
With Clint, I reconciled myself to his departure long ago.  To me, he no longer wanted to be part of the club.  But, whilst he played his cards close to his chest and didn't spout the sort of nonsense that many footballers spout, I was of the opinion that I wouldn't mind if he either stayed or went. 
Then there was that American radio phone-in interview.  I didn't like what I heard in that.
After last week's hooplah, I see no point in keeping somebody on board who so clearly wants to be elsewhere.  I would rather see some of our exciting youngsters given the opportunity to step into his shoes.  Or one of Jol's amazing Bosman deals.  That's our future.  Clint is our past.  As I've said before, I cherish that past as his goals were critical to our history, but he's a gonner.  I'd be happier if he were elsewhere - even Chelski.
Nogood "move on in words and indeed, isit" Boyo
Couldn't have expressed it any better myself

TonyGilroy

It will all look different in a fortnight when he'll either have gone or be left with no option but to make his peace (See what I did there) and commit his future to the club.

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 22, 2012, 08:58:47 AM

It will all look different in a fortnight when he'll either have gone or be left with no option but to make his peace (See what I did there) and commit his future to the club.

I do, I see that you made the same joke as Gary Lineker did on MOTD.

Mods. Ban pls.

Rupert

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on August 22, 2012, 09:27:06 AM

Mods. Ban pls.

There is no point asking for anyone to be banned, banning people solves nothing, they just carry on somewhere else.

Execution by machine-gun, now, that would work, it would ensure no more of this sort of thing was posted, plus would be a wonderful employment opportunity for at least two of today's disaffected youth, one to fire the weapon and one to bury poor Tony afterwards.
Vote for me and I will make sure we pass the relevant laws.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

NogoodBoyo

Gary Gilroy, BBC pundit and Make peace with Dempsey officionado.
Nogood "impressed that Lineker and Hanson knew about that, with Shearer looking confused, isit" Boyo

Lighthouse

Makepeace and Dempsey joke was used on football focus before MOTD. Now everybody is using it. Prime Ministers, Obama, Paul Mcartney, The Dalai Lama and now Andrew LLoyd Webber is writing a musical about IT. Who will play it in the musical is soon to be an ITV talent sure.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jack Fulham

Mr Fulham

To me, he no longer wanted to be part of the club. 

That's rubbish, sorry. He wants/wanted to move to a bigger club who can guarantee him european football or Champions League.

It's every players dream (I can't really see why, but that's a different matter) so they obviously try and get there.

It was more of a case of him wanting to use his great form of last season to seal a transfer and not him not wanting to be part of this club anymore.

As he once said...'I am a loyal dude'.

Loyalty yes, but the ambition to improve too. That's why he's such a good player in my opinion.

Berserker

Quote from: Rupert on August 22, 2012, 10:49:45 AM
Quote from: rhyspabsolom on August 22, 2012, 09:27:06 AM

Mods. Ban pls.

There is no point asking for anyone to be banned, banning people solves nothing, they just carry on somewhere else.

Execution by machine-gun, now, that would work, it would ensure no more of this sort of thing was posted, plus would be a wonderful employment opportunity for at least two of today's disaffected youth, one to fire the weapon and one to bury poor Tony afterwards.
Vote for me and I will make sure we pass the relevant laws.

See I knew you were secretly a viking  - your be waving your battle axe about next
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TonyGilroy

I've checked the F of F rules and it seems there's no prohibition against calling for the death penalty for posters whose humour levels disappoint.

The execution must though be conducted in a respectful manner and without bad language.

poo happens.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 22, 2012, 11:18:40 AM

That's rubbish, sorry. He wants/wanted to move to a bigger club who can guarantee him european football or Champions League.

It's every players dream (I can't really see why, but that's a different matter) so they obviously try and get there.

It was more of a case of him wanting to use his great form of last season to seal a transfer and not him not wanting to be part of this club anymore.

Loyalty yes, but the ambition to improve too. That's why he's such a good player in my opinion.

He seems to have broken his contracts, the legal one that brings him his wages and the moral one with the fans. That is not the action of a `loyal dude'.

ffcitaly

read on the Sun and skysports that he's linked with Sunderland??!!

cebu

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2012, 12:15:33 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 22, 2012, 11:18:40 AM

He seems to have broken his contracts, the legal one that brings him his wages and the moral one with the fans. That is not the action of a `loyal dude'.

If somebody breaks a contract with MAF, the individual concerned would probably be up to his eyebrows in legal problems by now - MAF isn't particularly patient on that front!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 22, 2012, 11:16:11 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 22, 2012, 01:22:43 AM
Quote from: ddeuce on August 21, 2012, 11:37:34 PM
This means he's probably realized his mistakes.

Good news...

and the club theirs

And they were?

1. Going public with it.....at all. Fulham have such a good reputation for keeping transfer dealings private and just getting on with their business. They could've kept all of this to themselves and just dealt with Demps and whichever clubs were/are interested.

2. Damaging the public reputation of a player that they want to keep and doing it for no good reason.

That's two that I know of. I'm sure there are more, just like I'm sure there are more on Clint's side of things than we don't know about.....be they minor or major.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude