more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele is simply world class

Started by Bradstow, August 25, 2012, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Quote from: btings on August 25, 2012, 08:11:27 PM
He was just fantastic today, and it's going to make the next week that much more agonizing.

And I hate to say it, but as others have pointed out, this makes Dempsey look like a bum.

I think they are different type's of players, and I still love dempsey as much as Dembele
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

Quote from: Berserker on August 25, 2012, 08:48:39 PM
He was just fantastic today, and it's going to make the next week that much more agonizing.

And I hate to say it, but as others have pointed out, this makes Dempsey look like a bum.

I think they are different type's of players, and I still love dempsey as much as Dembele
slut :)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LordNelson

No, actually it don't mate. Different players, different styles, different positions. With Dempsey on the pitch today, 3-3.  We need every piece of the puzzle. Dembele was boss today, but how many goals did he score ??  That's not a pejorative but to point out the missing ingredient.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

cottagecornerreject

Quote from: fulhamben on August 25, 2012, 06:15:25 PM
i think dembele needs to add goals to his cv to become world class
Agreed. I remember Dempsey was quoted as saying dembele was the most talented player he ever played with but until he can put the ball in the net on a regular basis I can't call him world class yet. Just can't. Sometimes he still has a tendency to dazzle to deceive. Lack of finishing is what he still needs and that's it. He has all the other tools.

cottagecornerreject

Quote from: Basil on August 25, 2012, 06:18:44 PM
Puts Dempsey to shame with how he tries to engineer dream move. Virtuoso performance away at Old Trafford versus sitting at home sulking.

In a way Dembeles way may hurt us more as a club in the long run than dempseys though if you think about it.

cebu

I actually got to see MOTD today and was interested to see that they thought Dembele rather than Kagawa was man of the match.   :scarf:
Unfortunately they also observed, probably correctly, that Fulham would struggle to hang on to him this season.   :dft004:

BarryP

Quote from: Ag on August 25, 2012, 07:09:52 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on August 25, 2012, 06:29:06 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 25, 2012, 06:16:29 PM
I think I saw O' Red Nose reaching for his check book after that stoppage time shot by Moose. He was clearly the best midfielder on the pitch.

I don't think that gives enough credit to Kagawa. Without him today, we'd have won, I'm sure.

If Moussa had suited up in red today, I suspect he'd have been in for Cleverley or Anderson, not Kagawa.  And we'd have likely seen even less of the ball.

I agree AG and a Kagawa/Dembele partnership would be better midfield than anyone Sir Alex can put currently partner Kagawa with in my opinion.  I hate that thought and will be waiting for the witching hour to pass hoping that Dembele is still in white.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Max Headroom

I was ridiculed last season when I said dembele was messi like, but he is a world class player, and getting better and better.... He will go, and I for one will be gutted, as I just love watching him run with the ball!

btings

Was referring to Dembele's conduct vs Dempsey's in a potential transfer situation, not their playstyle/skill.  Obviously, they are not the same as players.