watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Transfer thread - merged

Started by General, August 28, 2012, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Just got into bed, checked twitter to see if anything had been posted post our loss tonight and saw the two pieces of absoloutely shocking news.

Kieran Richardson is simply not good enough - why get rid of Murphy when you're going to sell Dembele as soon as an offer comes in for Dembele.

FURIOUS at this club and the management in place.

I feel sorry for all the players who came here thinking this club had ambitions and feel sorry for Jol and the fans who've been taken for a ride.

We're now in a position where all our best players either want to leave, are leaving or have only one year left on their contract.

By the end of the season we could have lost Dembele, Dempsey, Diarra, Jol, Hangeland, Diarra and Petric.

What is going on at this club? I think it's about time the clubs fans deserved answers.

2 years ago we were in the Europa League final - it was the perfect place to push on from and use the appeal of Martin Jol to bring in top players and build on what we've been lucky enough to get.

Not only is this disgraceful but it fully validates Mark Hughes leaving our club and slagging it off for being unambitious - which is obviously something that I hate to say... what is the point in supporting a club if it wont give us anything to put our faith in... It's all well and good trying to stay in the premiership but to not even make an effort to grow after one of our most successful periods in history is just stupid.

There's no point in getting a 30,000 seater stadium when you're selling all the names that bring in those extra fans, especially if you're going to replace them with the likes of Kieran Richardson who doesn't even start for Sunderland.

Our squad is threadbare, it was before we lost Dembele and now we not only have to deal with his imminent departure but no direct replacement, an injury to Ruiz and bringing in a winger who struggles to show any form of consistency and has been sold on quite happily by clubs who're below us like West Brom and sunderland, but also when our squad has it's most competition on the wings.

I'm furious! No-one else is I suppose on this board, but something had to be said!... Talking about being a family club, talking about being a supporters club.. I just hope they bring in a lot of players in the next few days and we see a strong statement of intent from the club or I'll be as depressed as I was when Lawrie Sanchez was our manager.

I want to have something to look forward to when I go to games, not worry about whether we'll lose or not. I want to be able to have a conversation with friends without having to try justifying that the club is trying to be run properly and as a result we have to sacrifice anything worth keeping... absolute joke.

Oh well, at least we have our ground and our history... oh wait, we're making our history still...

btings

There has been talk for weeks that Dembele had a release clause around 15m.  So there's not much to be done when a matching bid comes in.

Richardson is not intended to be a replacement.

zzamora

Two words.

Knee.

Jerk.

ElissonSnygg

You've stealen my thoughts!
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

mikie

Sammy2004

Rumor in The Netherlands is dat Jol is intending on signing Siem de Jong for Dembele

bigalffc

I am depressed as are you but still hoping by some miracle the club will bring in some really big signings on the last day. they will have some money now i guess. fp.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Lighthouse

Well we are taking a step back from last season and hoping the youth players step up. Richardson, should he come is a wide player and at best is a squad player. We need wide players but agree that Richardson is not the quality player I was hoping for.

The big problem as tonight proved is we have little quality in depth. Our central defence is very important in Jols system on playing one up front. But with no service and no shots on target we are short of defensive midfielders of quality and creative midfielders. We still need strength up front and the fear that we wait for January to see how things go without Dembele, Dempsey as well as the players that have left is frightening.

Sad that we really appear to have problems at the club after Jol turned things around. We will see with a few days left what happens.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

kempkong

Agree. I'm trying to stay positive though

Wil

Nero

Just cos Spurs have bid 15mil doesnt mean he will go Fulham had to accept it due to the realise clause, Spurs dont seem to be going anywhere under AVB, I think he may well hold out until January to see if Man Utd will come in for him. Prehaps once Moussa says no they might offer us 10 for Dempsey

General

The worst thing about this whole thing though is the optimism that Jol and the club were trying to portray regarding Dembele as being the one player that we were comfortable to keep a hold of.

The club published an article on it's own official website from Tony Gale, saying that he thought Dembele was worth at least £25 million - what is the point in posting an article like that when he has a release clause in his contract of £15 million.

I aknowledge £15 million in real terms is a lot of money and it was his release clause but his potential was exponetially greater than £15 million... If we have accepted that small offer for him then it'll feel like daylight robbery... Even Jol seemed dejected after the game today - he'd be saying that he was happy with Dembele and thought Dembele would only go for a very large fee and so he had little to worry about.

And what's worse is that it's not even a team that you can see competing for honors. Tottenham have had an indifferent start to the season and haven't even got going.

The thing that really irks me though is the fact that there is obviously a huge lack of communication between Jol and what the manager wants and what the clubs management actually does. He obviously wanted to keep Dembele, didn't think we'd lose him and it just looks like we've accepted the first serious offer for one of our best players.

George G

Some say it is a positive that we are so quiet and don't say boo to a goose, but I am urging the club to release a statement tomorrow explaining what the hell is going on.

Losing Dembele is the worst thing that could happen to us at this time and with Dempsey refusing to play we have a situation where we have lost our 2 best players from last season and haven't found any kind of replacement.

If we are a healthy club, as Jol keeps saying then why are we so tight fisted? We give players ridiculously short contracts and expect to keep them. Maybe I am overreacting but tonight has been a bad night to be a Fulham fan.

I hope I am proved wrong and we make some big signings between now and saturday. I'm not holding my breath though.
Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

ElissonSnygg

I cannot see us succeeding without our two, undoubtedly, best players last season. So tough.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

The Bronsons

If Spurs match the release clause fee, what can Fulham do? You could argue that the release fee was too low in the original contract, but about 15 months ago anyone posting on here that Dembele was worth £15m would have been slaughtered.

If he goes, he goes, and we've made £10m on the deal. MAF is pumping £30m into the new stand so he's clearly not planning on going down.

I still believe. (Just about.)

Admin

And I also had a felling that someone had to make way before we started our summer shopping!

It all fits into place now, the delay in Dembele' going to Spurs because of the Modric' situation. I'm sorry, but that bid was accepted far too quickly for my liking and the whole thing has happened miles too quickly for my liking as well. If I didn't know any better, I'd say there had been a gentleman's hand shake on this whole thing a while back based on Modric'

I could also say the same with Dempsey, but something's gone wrong here I recon. Maybe he didn't want to leave after all but Fulham did want him to and were banking on the 10 million coming in. Stupid as it sounds, but watch us spend a bit of money now and the likes of Richardson come in. Still, hardly good replacements and to explain how angry I am right now is a massive understatement.

:dead horse: :handbags: :bang head:

In the Enclosure

We have to buy players that are willing to come to us on medium type wages - Sidwell and Richardson wanted to return to London.Dembele wanted a start in the Premiership as a stepping stone to a bigger club - he said that clearly when he joined.

If we go the QPR route we will bankrupt the club. Arsenal lost RVP - Tottenham lost Modric - it happens !

Jol has got some quality in with Petric, Diarra, recently - lets hope he can pick up a couple of others. Yes Dembele looked good but it wasn't going to take teams long to work out the need to hammer him hard and stop us. We need better strenghth in the squad and hopefully this will fund it

Yarden

I`m lost for words, not even looking forward to our next game. Just watch on friday when we bring in a couple of squadplayers as replacements for Demps and Dembele. Season over before we played three games.

Ordar

I just have no words to sum up how I feel after tonight. A pathetic display in the cup against lower league opposition, then finding out we'd had a bid accepted for Richardson. Then I have a nap, and wake up to find we're selling Moussa.

What an awful night to be a Fulham fan.

I can only hope the next 3 days is going to be very busy in the transfer window.

In the Enclosure

Agree totally - the sale of Saha was the same - we wanted the money and virtually forced him out the door.
These deals are set up in principle weeks ahead - I suspect Fenway agreed the deal with Mcinintosh for Dempsey and then Rodgers baulked at the price because he wanted funds for Joe Allen.

No good getting too angry - we kept the ground and if we can stay mid table we have a grand old time - tonights cup can be a poisoned Challice - just ask Birmingham City.

What p*** me off is that we have chances to pick up lower division London talent at cheap rates and don't do it and then they go on to be stars - Moses, Ashley Young , Cahill etc

Lets hope Jol has his targets lined up

Bradstow

Allowing Moussa to leave is confirmation that Fayed has no ambitions for the club and only wishes to redeem his  money.

Apart from Moussa there are too many first team members on short contracts. And who do we get to replace Moussa? Richardson! Well that's some consolation.

We owe a lot to Fayed for what he has done in the past. What is happening now is the start of a slide into mediocrity and potential relegation.

"There's none so blind as won't see" says the proverb. I have been insulted for my claims that Fayed has lost interest and I expect to be so again. As a supporter for 60 years, all I care about is the success of my team. 
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.