ZAMORA IS BETTER THAN BERBS

GREEN IS BETTER THAN SCWHARZER

WE'RE ALL DOOMED

Seriously DDDEUCE RELAX :038:

you are known to be so knee jerk :005:

Fulhamfc1989

Quote from: ~lork on August 30, 2012, 01:53:04 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfc1989 on August 30, 2012, 01:51:52 PM
He'll be on close to 80k a week according to the Independent. Surely not??!! Although the position we find ourselves in (i.e. losing the two D's) it may be necessary!   

reports of under 35k a week from italian media who have been totally accurate with this transfer. so ill go with that. no doubt berbatov's wages are being part subsidised by united

I hope so- although anything more than that would be justified given our situation

mr-ska

TOP STORY....  Jol confirms its happening  and Sunderland have accepted an off for Richardson

Whiteroom

I think that at this moment we need to offer more in wages if that will clinch the deal.

The Rock

Richardson at 2.5m is pretty cheap. Ok replacement for the time being I guess. We all know Berbatov.

I more have faith in Jol as he will get the best out of these 2, especially as he had Berbatov at Spurs.

This still leaves a lot of money for other players (and dare I say ground upgrades) going forward.

jelmo

Just need a top notch central midfielder or two and possibly a dentral defender. Clint is gonna probably go so an attacking mid would be good.

bulgariawhite

I don't disagree with Berbatov, but if he is going to succeed he needs service,
Richardson I am not so sure. We need a creative midfielder who runs into space and can see a magical pass do we have one in our ranks? Are we going to find a gem in 24 hours? Living now in Bulgaria Berbatov may give me a chance of gaining more black and white supporters. Lol

itombomb

Quote from: ~lork on August 30, 2012, 01:53:04 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfc1989 on August 30, 2012, 01:51:52 PM
He'll be on close to 80k a week according to the Independent. Surely not??!! Although the position we find ourselves in (i.e. losing the two D's) it may be necessary!   

reports of under 35k a week from italian media who have been totally accurate with this transfer. so ill go with that. no doubt berbatov's wages are being part subsidised by united
Fiorentina's offer was €35 a week, then Juve offered to double that. We will likely be offering the upper end of our wage limit, so £45/50K?

hn4fulham

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 30, 2012, 02:17:20 PM
I don't disagree with Berbatov, but if he is going to succeed he needs service,
Richardson I am not so sure. We need a creative midfielder who runs into space and can see a magical pass do we have one in our ranks? Are we going to find a gem in 24 hours? Living now in Bulgaria Berbatov may give me a chance of gaining more black and white supporters. Lol

I agree we need a CM (or two) but service can be provided from Ruiz and the wingers.

cmg

Hopefully we'll be sending Fiorentina the price of an airline ticket (business class) Manchester - Florence.

We need to demonstrate that they are not the only ones familiar with 'honesty, fair play and ethics'.

Lighthouse

Richardson will surely play instead of Kaka. Kaka a fine player but needs to be introduced with less pressure to have to perform.

Berbatov if he signs is a lazy brilliant player on his day.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mr-ska

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/august/30/jol-closing-in-on-duo

Jol closing in on duo
Thursday 30 August 2012 14:00

Martin Jol has revealed that Fulham are close to finalising deals for both Dimitar Berbatov and Kieran Richardson, with the former currently undergoing a medical at the Club.

"Berbatov is finishing his medical and if everything is good he will be one of our players," said Jol. "There were a lot of clubs interested in him but we were able and capable of getting him.

"He was on my list all the time. I tried to do something months ago and it didn't come off so I came back and it was the right moment for him to make his decision."

Jol continued: "We are talking to Richardson and hopefully he will come to us. A fee has been agreed and I'm confident it will happen before the deadline. I see him playing as a winger."

The potential signings of the pair from Manchester United and Sunderland respectively are the latest in what has been a busy time at Motspur Park ahead of Friday's 11pm transfer deadline.

Mousa Dembélé joined Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday, with Jol admitting he was powerless to stop the midfielder leaving.

"He had a clause in his contract and they [Tottenham] agreed to play that money so we had to let him go," stated Jol. "I've tried to keep him over the last six months because I knew of the clause. If he'd stayed it would have been good for him. He could have moved on in a year's time to another club but he'd decided to go earlier.

"We had money before, we're a healthy Club, and it wasn't like we needed the Dembélé money. We want to keep our best players and he was certainly one of our best players. I felt he'd made big steps forward over the last six months. So we are busy trying to get the team as strong as before."

Meanwhile, Jol is expecting further developments on Clint Dempsey's much-publicised situation in the not-too-distant future.

"There is still nothing on the table but discussions are ongoing with more than one club," said Jol. "I expect a few things to happen soon. We are talking to several clubs but it is up to him and his desire to go to a Champions League club.

"Maybe that won't happen but certainly I expect a few clubs to be in the mix for him. Sunderland is one of them but I think that will be difficult. There are different clubs with different scenarios and different ideas but we know exactly what we want and if other clubs come up with the right deal then we'll do it."

rusty shackleford

It really is an excellent signing.

Top scorer a few years back, cost Man U 30m, wanted by Juventus.

It doesnt matter what age he is, if we get 3 years out of him at 4/5m it will have been worth it.

jelmo

Looks as though Spurs probably did pay the reported £15 fee then as Jol has confirmed that there was infact a clause.

Shame that Dempsey is probably gonna have to settle for a club that doesnt match his ambitions but diarrhea happens. Hope he is happy in Sunderland!

Tomo

I personally think we will get these two with Dempsey staying and then perhaps a one more. But who?
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

jelmo

bulgariawhite

If Dempsey stays he has to sign just to keep some professional creditability with our fans and the manager

Jack Fulham