watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton Vs Fulham Match Thread

Started by Azeedo, October 07, 2012, 02:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Ruiz is the most frustrating player ever. Seems to slow every attack down by dwelling on the ball too long.

We've been awful and created nothing. No options on the bench. Getting over run in centre midfield.

JIMMY D

Midfield is so slow. It's like they don't want to attack even on a brake away...

grandad

Move Duff inside for Baird & bring on Kasami. That´s all we have
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Admin on October 07, 2012, 02:20:10 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on October 07, 2012, 02:14:42 PM
If Ruiz is going to play that deep then that's a complete waste of 10m quid.

He was a waste of 10 million quid in the first place. People say it's about time he stepped up, he's never going to step up because his style of play and lack of phsical presence doesn't suit the Premiership.
Pathetic.

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: theotherdembele on October 07, 2012, 01:52:42 PM
Sidwell awful, hangeland awful

Why was no one on the far post

Still think we can win the game though

comedy of errors...major comedians those two + Swarz., the rest not so far off. Long ball,hit and run,but without the run part...laughable... fp.gif
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Admin

Quote from: Adam87 on October 07, 2012, 02:20:23 PM
i hope jol tears into them. They need a massive kcik up the backside.

There's one goal in unlike West Ham where we were 3-0 down at half time and the game was already lost. We managed to stop the rot but my issue today is that we have no one to change the game and I can't see us scoring.

JIMMY D

It's like we don't want to go forward..... I'm so confused.......

theotherdembele

He was a waste of 10 million quid in the first place. People say it's about time he stepped up, he's never going to step up because his style of play and lack of phsical presence doesn't suit the Premiership.
[/quote]

Agreed, I've always hoped he can do it but he just takes too long on the ball

Southampton haven't played well we've just been absolutely shocking

After the 1st goal schwarzer is telling duff why wasn't he on the post

alexbishop

He needs to play out wide in the front three where he'll have more time. In a number 10 role he has 3 midfielders jumping on him every time he gets the ball. Drop Duff into the midfield 3 and let him provide width when we need it. Pop Ruiz into the front 3 as an inside forward where he'll be forced to stay high up the pitch and move into the channels. That's where he scored all his goals at Twente
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Aaron

Hate to say it, but you're right..  He is looking "better" but he is not and never will be a key player in the team because this isn't the right league for him.  Mind you, on that first half performance I don't think this is the right league for any of our players.  We need a league where we only have to play at home.

Mr Fulham

LOL, Duff, Sidwell and Baird as the midfield three?

This will be a misplaced pass festival.

Lighthouse

Well be honest. It is the same old story. We can blame Ruiz (not sure why) and we can speed up our attacking (but nobody in the area). But this side just aint good enough. Jol knows and we know it.

Let's hope we have at least a few good minutes in the second half  to make up for yet another away game where so far we have stayed on the coach.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimpav

Does anyone think we can turn this match around? It's only a one goal deficit and with the right team talk there is no reason why we can't come out and control the match.

grandad

Ray Wilkins is a prat. He said they should have had a goal when Puncheon kicked Schwarzer. A foul is a foul. What an idiot.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alexbishop

Quote from: Mr Fulham on October 07, 2012, 02:29:55 PM
LOL, Duff, Sidwell and Baird as the midfield three?

This will be a misplaced pass festival.

Duff is a more than competent passer of a football and he has a very good work rate. So is Baird when he wants to be. Sidwell only keeps his place for his ball winning ability.

There's no midfield solution until January unfortunately. It's going to be long balls down the wings and channels in the mean time.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

TKFJ_FFC

Midfield is not PL quality. Jol dropped the ball in the window.

Ruiz=Bambi.

Azeedo

Sorry but Ruiz just doesn't have anybody to play with you want a scapegoat how about hageland he pretty much has given away every ball that came to him.

TKFJ_FFC

Quote from: Azeedo on October 07, 2012, 02:35:50 PM
Sorry but Ruiz just doesn't have anybody to play with you want a scapegoat how about hageland he pretty much has given away every ball that came to him.

Takes too long on the ball, is too weak for the PL, and he is all legs.

Adam87

I was also very suprised that the club didnt see the fact there was a chance our best players could leave and didnt have players lined up....

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg