more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Luis Suarez victimised?

Started by DiegoFulham, October 16, 2012, 07:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

Yes or No?

I personally believe yes on occasions, don't get me wrong he's a diving bellend, but he gets way to much abuse from everyone, the reason being players like Bale are diving also but never really get a mention just because he plays for a smaller club in Tottenham Hotspurs (don't get me wrong Tottenham are a big football club but no on the same level as Liverpool) Kun Aguero suggested that foreign players get victimised more then British players, i believe that's unfair on referees to be quite honest, I mean everyone when they play Man United including us get victimised due to poor refereeing, someone like Damien Duff a few seasons ago under Bellend Hughes gave away a pen due to trying to kick it away but it hit his hand in the process. for me Suarez is the boy who cried wolf but someone like Pulis shouldn't come out and personally attack luis suarez even when he dived when other players are also known for it too....     
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

CanadianCottager

Quote from: DiegoFulham on October 16, 2012, 07:42:56 PM
Yes or No?

I personally believe yes on occasions, don't get me wrong he's a diving bellend, but he gets way to much abuse from everyone, the reason being players like Bale are diving also but never really get a mention just because he plays for a smaller club in Tottenham Hotspurs (don't get me wrong Tottenham are a big football club but no on the same level as Liverpool) Kun Aguero suggested that foreign players get victimised more then British players, i believe that's unfair on referees to be quite honest, I mean everyone when they play Man United including us get victimised due to poor refereeing, someone like Damien Duff a few seasons ago under Bellend Hughes gave away a pen due to trying to kick it away but it hit his hand in the process. for me Suarez is the boy who cried wolf but someone like Pulis shouldn't come out and personally attack luis suarez even when he dived when other players are also known for it too....     
I agree, he's not the nicest figure, but he doesn't deserve the constant hate campaign he's getting in the UK. Pulis is an utter idiot who shouldn't be allowed to talk in press conferences, coming out saying that Suarez should be banned for diving, how about banning Robert Huth for a good part of the season for intentionally stomping on an opponent? Or any of the other egregious fouls he instigates his merry band of thugs to commit? My contempt for that man and his team far exceed my distaste for Suarez.

LBNo11

...no I don't think the cheating, diving, gesticulating, racist, oxygen thief is being victimised, he is just recognised for what he is...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

The fact that:

1. Other people cheat also
2. Tony Pulis doesn't like him
3. He's got amazing talent and technique
4. He's slated constantly in the press
5. He's berated by fans all over the league

DOESN'T MAKE UP FOR THE FACT THAT HE IS A DISGRACE TO THE GAME AND SHOULD TRANSFER TO SERIE A WITH THE REST OF THE BALLERINAS.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Travers Barney

He cheats and its awful when his antics reap rewards.

For me however i get far more outraged when the likes of Huth and Wilkinson behave as they do.

From a selfish point of view and its a pretty simplistic and stupid arguement I might add Wilkinson ruined about a dozen (maybe more) games for me when he attempted and succeeded to maim Dembele at the Brittania that evening thus denying me the opportunity to watch the most gifted player I have ever seen wear my team's shirt....if Suarez dives against my team and achieves his aim of conning the match official at most we can be affected is a defeat on the day/night.

He's a wrongun for sure but there are far worse...those who saw Wilkinson smirking with delight as he laughed at us that night will surely agree.

coyw
We are the whites

horse1031

he is victimized because he is soooo whiny.  He gets on everyones nerves including the refs.  The man is an amazing footballer but if he doesnt get that attitude figured out he will never reach full potential.  sorry to say but he brings it on himself even if it is unfair.

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on October 16, 2012, 08:47:53 PM
The fact that:

1. Other people cheat also
2. Tony Pulis doesn't like him
3. He's got amazing talent and technique
4. He's slated constantly in the press
5. He's berated by fans all over the league

DOESN'T MAKE UP FOR THE FACT THAT HE IS A DISGRACE TO THE GAME AND SHOULD TRANSFER TO SERIE A WITH THE REST OF THE BALLERINAS.

:plus one: Especially the Series A part.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Jimpav

Besides his handball that effectively knocked Ghana out of the world cup, his conduct against Evera, his subsequent refusal to apologise, his constant diving and his finger to the hammy end, he's quite a likeable guy.

vagrant

If he played for Fulham I might be prepared to discuss this, but he doesn't, so who gives a toss.......

epsomraver

Quote from: vagrant on October 16, 2012, 09:53:13 PM
If he played for Fulham I might be prepared to discuss this, but he doesn't, so who gives a toss.......
HEAR HEAR.

God The Mechanic

Don't forget he also bit a guy and Ajax deemed the leagues ban insufficient so banned him for longer.  Unless I'm mistaken, but it's too fun a fact to be wrong!

DiegoFulham

Guys i'm not talking about his personal being, i'm talking about just diving in general, compared to others players, the whole Tony Pulis issue has been in the back of my mind after the bale dive.
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Lighthouse

He is a cheat. Yes other players cheat. But as the old saying nearly goes. Many players cheat but he abuses the privilege
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jazz hardrockin

Yes,He is a victim....... only of his own greediness  :005:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

The Bronsons

Quote from: DiegoFulham on October 16, 2012, 11:23:58 PM
Guys i'm not talking about his personal being, i'm talking about just diving in general, compared to others players, the whole Tony Pulis issue has been in the back of my mind after the bale dive.

Is it easy to separate Suarez's personality and all the other crap he gets up to from his diving? If he just dived and apart from that was a fairly straightforward human being, like Bale seems to be, he'd no doubt get much less flak, and only immediately after a dive. As it is, he gets way less than he deserves, because what he deserves is banning, over and over, for as long as he goes on cheating.

Pulis may well be making the case to deflect attention from his thugs at Stoke, but that doesn't make the case wrong. What would be wrong would be banning Suarez for cheating and not banning Stoke players when they assault other players. I'd have retrospective video reviews for both and dish out bans week after week until players and clubs and managers get the message.

AlFayedsChequebook

Suarez is a very talented player who is let down by his personality and antics on the pitch.

When I see managers getting upset about players getting a 'reputation' I think to myself - I wonder why they have got one?

There is incontrovertible evidence that suarez dives and the fact he is now given less free kicks is a great example of the boy who cried wolf.

epsomraver

When Boa and AJ came they both had reputations as divers but as the Fulham management obviously discouraged this cheating they changed and started to get treated the same as other players, it is true the cry wolf situation as stated but the Liverpool management can change it.

Rupert

Quote from: epsomraver on October 17, 2012, 09:20:09 AM
When Boa and AJ came they both had reputations as divers but as the Fulham management obviously discouraged this cheating they changed and started to get treated the same as other players, it is true the cry wolf situation as stated but the Liverpool management can change it.

Absolutely true, the question is, with their siege mentality, are the Liverpool management capable of changing it, or is it another case of "everyone is against us, it isn't our fault!"
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

ClarksOriginal

No. He is a smarmy, diving, racist, cheat who deserves all he gets.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.