watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IN light Rod Stewart crying at Celtic. Have you ever cried a Fulham match

Started by mr-ska, November 09, 2012, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-ska

I have...never when we've been relegated.. because im usually ready for it..

I remember crying when we lost the FA Cup Final...  i wasn't at the match..  just remember my whole family being upset at the result.  I was 6 at the time.

I cried when we drew 1-1 with Sheffield Weds to confirm our promotion to the Premiership.

Obviously the great escape brought some tears after Murphy put the ball in the net..  but then i thought i was having a heart attack because i was celebrating so much.

The Semi Final at home to Hamburg brought the most tears... when we equalised,  when we went ahead,  and then at the final whistle..  just utter disbelief!

I didn't cry at losing the Final...  i felt depressed more than anything. Which was soon replaced with a huge amount of pride at what we'd achieved.

Anyone else  had a good old sob?

George G

Both the Juventus and Hamburg games made a shed a tear, whilst celebrating frantically of course.
Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

Rhys Lightning 63

Not really at a Fulham match, but I cried myself to sleep the day that Brian McBride announced he was leaving
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

mr-ska

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 09, 2012, 09:25:06 AM
Not really at a Fulham match, but I cried myself to sleep the day that Brian McBride announced he was leaving
Really..!!..  Good for you mate

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: mr-ska on November 09, 2012, 09:26:25 AM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 09, 2012, 09:25:06 AM
Really..!!..  Good for you mate

Yes, I was 16 at the time. I lost a night of revision because of it, and look where I ended up
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

epsomraver

I cry at the prices of the food and drink at the cottage after shelling out 50 sqid to get in :dft007:

JBH

Promotion to the Prem at home to Sheff Wed because my Dad who was a life long FFFC fan had died earlier that year and I just wished that he had been by my side on that great day  :dft004:

Also at the final whistle when we beat Hamburg to get to the final the seeing the emotion of everyone around started the tears of joy.

mr-ska

Quote from: JBH on November 09, 2012, 09:34:36 AM
Promotion to the Prem at home to Sheff Wed because my Dad who was a life long FFFC fan had died earlier that year and I just wished that he had been by my side on that great day  :dft004:

Also at the final whistle when we beat Hamburg to get to the final the seeing the emotion of everyone around started the tears of joy.
I know that feeling..  when we got promoted that day i was thinking of my Grandad .. a life long fan who wouldnt of believed how far we'd come.. 

Must of been bitter sweet for you, JBH....

Andy_M

Can't say I've ever cried myself, a tear has been in the eyes though on a number of occasions: our survival at Portsmouth, the Juve home game (after going to the away game and sitting freezing my butt off in that ground after not taking very appropriate clothing it made it all worth it), the Hamburg semi-final win.

I will however always remember at the Final in Hamburg there was an old guy sat next to me, must have been in his late 80's and a lifelong Fulham fan. He was crying at the opening ceremony/teams coming out. Guess he never could have imagined seeing Fulham in such a game and the occasion was too much for him - was touching to be honest.
@got_maile

Thamesbank

FA Cup final for me, was so convinced after that incredible cup run that we'd win.

Lighthouse

I was teary eyed at the game at home to Walsall during the Fulham Park Rangers fears. When their fans joined in the chants and the support and....It was just so great.

I never expect to win and so am just depressed and or angry after big defeats.

But there are a few great wins that make me come close.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mr-ska

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 09, 2012, 09:49:46 AM
I was teary eyed at the game at home to Walsall during the Fulham Park Rangers fears. When their fans joined in the chants and the support and....It was just so great.

I never expect to win and so am just depressed and or angry after big defeats.

But there are a few great wins that make me come close.
Yeah that game was a choker..  what an awful prospect that was.

Adam87

Home to Hamburg semi final.....to think we were going to a european final and thinking 15 years ago how the club were looking and where we were. I think the way we won the semi final and the matches we had made that night even more dramatic and emotional.
I wanted to get on the pitch and give Mr al fayed a hug and just say "thank you so much for what you have done".

Airfix

Unashamed boo-ing when Dempsey's chip went in.  Couldn't control it.  I knew I would after we got the third and the fourth looked possible.

:012:

JBH

Quote from: mr-ska on November 09, 2012, 09:39:04 AM
Quote from: JBH on November 09, 2012, 09:34:36 AM

I know that feeling..  when we got promoted that day i was thinking of my Grandad .. a life long fan who wouldnt of believed how far we'd come.. 

Must of been bitter sweet for you, JBH....

It was Mr Ska

Peabody

Like most of you, I felt very emotional(thats man talk for crying) at both Hamberg and Juve.

michaelread

hamburg, juve, pompey.

like most, the final for me was...just a dull pain. There was no real feeling. I just sort of moped about all week without feeling up nor down. It just felt like nobody could beat us, even when it was 1-1 i thought it was the fairytale ending, winning in penalties, gera to take the decisive one or something like that, cement his place in our history etc.

When forlan scored, i just sat there and watched, and then went off to work (it was about 8am here at the time).

cheerupjimmyhill

At home to blackburn last season, i had lost my mum during the week and my dad insisted i used his season ticket to go (i work sats so cant go most games).... My mum was always behind me at football whether i was playing or going to Fulham even making me sandwiches to go with until her last days (i'm 46  :021:)

Anyway at i think 2 - 1 down i was sitting there thinking how crap life was but then we turned it round and Zamora (wish it was someone else) scored the penalty to clinch the win.. i stayed in my sit after and had a little cry but even after such a week i was actually happy and smiling purely because we had won.

A reminder of how strong an emotion Fulham is in probably all our life's.....

CorkCity

When the team walked out on the pitch away to Man U in our first prem league game, and away to pompy in the great escape.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"