watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dejagahs performance today

Started by JackyFulham90, November 11, 2012, 12:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Big call from Jol to start him over Duff but thought he looked good and offers pace down the wing, the battle between him & Duff will be an interesting one

JustOverTheRiver

I love Duff, a lot. Always have. But Dejegah looks exciting. Well worth a start.

JackyFulham90

Who will get the nod against Sunderland? Duff certainly knows now that when he plays he needs to be in great form

Lighthouse

Dejagah tired near the end and found it hard to actually get into the game. But when he does have the ball he looks really good and runs at the opposition. Duff better defensively but Deja is a really exciting prospect.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Aaron

This is a really nice problem to have, isn't it? :)

I think Dejagah is going to be stellar for us, but whether that's right now or next season I don't know.  He's still obviously a little lacking in fitness and coming to terms with the Premier League but he looks awesome at times.  He reminds me of Hatem Ben Arfa and not just because of his ethnicity but because he just looks like he'd be a real bollocks to try and handle.

Right now, I honestly couldn't call it.. If Duff's playing a blinder on the training ground then he probably needs to start but I'd be happy enough to see 70 minutes of one and 20 minutes of the other a bit like today.  Suppose if I had to choose I'd probably pick Dejagah to see what he can do.

PaulJ123

Dejagah has to start for me.

Playing Ruiz and Berbatov up front we need to have pace on the wings to try to stretch the game and give those 2 some room to work in. This means playing Kaca and Dejagah on the wings. Duff has been on very good form this season but Dejagah showed us today he has more to offer in this current tactic

24Dejagacaniklic31

Dejagah > Duff

Pros:
He has the ability to run at defenders and has the agility and strength to make quick cuts and hold possession. Gave Podolski & Vermaelen a headache down the right wing and caused the latter of the two, his former Germany teammate, to concede a foul. He linked up well with Kacaniklic when the Swede moved to a more central position at times in the second half, but the best link up is with him and Riether down that right wing. Their passing has given Fulham many last ditch goals throughout the last couple games. His debut against Villa being one and I think against Reading is a prime example of another.

Cons:
He said it himself, he is not 100% yet. His match fitness needs to be improved as he was lacking stamina at the end, which resulted in his substitution.

Overall, I can't wait to see him tear defenses apart. He's got the speed, vision, agility & strength to be able to stand his ground in the Premier League. If he was a starter for a Bundesliga champion, he'll definitely earn his spot for Fulham.

btings

He's got (forgive me) great moves.  His fitness seems dicey.

I like him, but I must say that I've been really impressed by Duff so far this season.  He can still do a thing or two with the ball, and his fitness level is unreal.

I think Dejagah a good signing, and I want to see more, and I'm excited about having him.  But I'm not one of these players has a distinct "must start" advantage over the other for me.

leonffc

I thought he was brilliant but as Lighthouse said, he tired towards the end. But, he's just come back from injury in to the fast moving premier league and that was against Arsenal. Ok, they're not the Arsenal of old but they still move the ball well and it was an end to end game so Dejagah had to put a shift in.
 The good thing with his battle with Duff is that which ever one starts, the opposition defence will be used to defending one way (say Dejagah going outside the full back) and Duffer replacing him and cutting in. They both provide us with some quality options.

Beamer

Thought we were 10mins slow in getting him off, he was clearly struggling after having given everything and it might have cost us. Why did we also take time to get Kaka on when Richardson had clearly broken down, we conceded a goal during that time.

Riverside

Quote from: Aaron on November 11, 2012, 01:24:45 AM
This is a really nice problem to have, isn't it? :)

I think Dejagah is going to be stellar for us, but whether that's right now or next season I don't know.  He's still obviously a little lacking in fitness and coming to terms with the Premier League but he looks awesome at times.  He reminds me of Hatem Ben Arfa and not just because of his ethnicity but because he just looks like he'd be a real bollocks to try and handle.

Right now, I honestly couldn't call it.. If Duff's playing a blinder on the training ground then he probably needs to start but I'd be happy enough to see 70 minutes of one and 20 minutes of the other a bit like today.  Suppose if I had to choose I'd probably pick Dejagah to see what he can do.

Agreed . Though would on with 60 / 30 and the starter will be who is best in training that week .
Would also consider Duff on the left when we need to be more defensive ( Kaca is still learning this )

fulhamben

he is a starter for me. and the only way he will get match fitness is by playing. yes he looked tired at the end but god he covered some ground. even when knackered he still managed to sprint with the ball into the corner. i dont expect the sunderland game to be so open and end to end so he will surely last the 90 in that one.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

dejagah looks good and is a prospect but is dangerous when defending, too often trying to be flashy and losing possesion on the edge of our penalty area when a 60 yard hoof was what was required. the introduction of duff stabilised the team, duff still number one IMO but the competition for places will be good for both

Jamie88

Dejagah looked very impressive - first time I've had the chance to take a closer look at him. Would've liked to see him sprint at full capacity as I don't think we got to see that too much yesterday, but generally his ball control and positioning looked good and he was making good runs and caused Vermaelen some problems. The only issue for me was, I'm not too convinced about his defensive contributions and I belive Duff is much stronger in that respect. Still a great display all round for me!

fulhamben

we play one up front now which means our wingers are required to be more attack minded. ruiz and berba cant do it all
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Dejagah for 60 mins & Duffer for remainder.
Where there's a will there's a wife

WolverineFFC

His runs down the wing create space for Ruiz and Berba to operate better inside if you ask me. Duff has been very good this year as well, but doesn't provide as much width.

I think Duff might give FFC some much needed left sided cover if richardson's hamstring is bad. LM isn't his best spot anymore, but I am sure he can still throw a few crosses in with his left as well as drag the FB inside to open up JAR to overlap more than Richardson does. Kaca is going to need some spells off as he is still young and inconsistent game to game.

filham

Duff is my favourite player and I hate seeing him sitting on the bench but Dejagah is so strong,fast and direct that he just hasto play.
Can,t we ,at times, have Duff on the left.
A mix and match of Kaka, Duff and Dejagah would give full backs a puzzle.

JackyFulham90

Kacaniklic & Dejagah should be our wingers I feel as yes they may not be as good defensively but goals win you games and they both have such pace thay it will create space for our special players like Ruiz & Berbatov

alfie

Quote from: Beamer on November 11, 2012, 08:39:27 AM
Thought we were 10mins slow in getting him off, he was clearly struggling after having given everything and it might have cost us. Why did we also take time to get Kaka on when Richardson had clearly broken down, we conceded a goal during that time.

Richardson was not quite ready, but once the game restarted he had to wait until dead ball
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't