News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you mind fielding the same XI against QPR ?

Started by FFCfan, December 11, 2012, 07:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 11, 2012, 01:24:09 PM
Wouldn't exactly call last night's foorball "attractive"....by no means. It was a dirty win, it was all about the three points.

We were trying to play attractive football. It was a lot better that a game where we `ground out' a result, at Chelsea for example. We could have been 3-0 up if Berbatov had taken his chances and then run away with the game. Overall it could have been about 7-4 if all the chances had been taken.

It looks a bit laboured, particularly without Ruiz (and Murphy and Dembele), because we struggled to move the ball upfield from Schwarzer and the defence. That is why we need a central midfielder who is confident on the ball and can link the defence with the forwards.

JackyFulham90

We played some great football yesterday let's not forget what a good side Newcastle are, same team that finished 5th last year, QPR will be a tough game but we played well and apart from Diarra I would keep the same team

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Duff Diarra Sidwell Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Rodallega

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Baird , Frei , Dejagah , Richardson , Petric

zzamora

Only 2 changes for me.

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Duff- Diarra- Sidwell- Richardson

Berbatov

Rodallega

CH FFC

I would keep the same team, but I might think about Richardson.  I wouldn't change anything else, except for the substitutions.  Dejagah could do very well against a side like QPR, but he seems to not be in good form at this time.

I agree with the Schwarzer comment, I love the Auzzie, but he could have costed us the game.  I am not saying that Stockdale would have kept the goal out either, but our GK position is beginning to worry me a bit.

The problem for me is not our line up against QPR, but the metality that the players bring.  In my opinion they need to force their way around, start off very aggressive and not let them get air.  On the restart at half start off aggressive again.  Do not give them a foothold in the game, and break down whatever confidence 'arry was able to build up in them this week.

MJG

Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2012, 08:54:15 AM
I think it should be the same XI but I suspect because QPR's pitch is small and Kaca was below par, he might go for Richardson on the left to make us a bit tighter as a unit in the middle.
Well that worked!!!!!

A Humble Man

Quote from: MJG on December 15, 2012, 05:44:30 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2012, 08:54:15 AM
I think it should be the same XI but I suspect because QPR's pitch is small and Kaca was below par, he might go for Richardson on the left to make us a bit tighter as a unit in the middle.
Well that worked!!!!!

We were as open a barn door.
We Are Fulham, Believe.