News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you mind fielding the same XI against QPR ?

Started by FFCfan, December 11, 2012, 07:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCfan

We played very aggressive (most of the time) and attractive football last night! Usually a winning side should not be changed. Since the games against WBA, Sunderland, Arsenal we were able to replicate the same attacking football which we couldn't lately. I think we should keep the squad as it is, maybe with some minor changes. QPR defense is the worst in EPL. If we play the same way and create so many chances we should be able to send them to championship sooner than expected!

spikey norman

yes i would keep same starting 11 for qpr - baird and duff should always start for me as we have had our best results when they have done so

grandad

The only player I feel had a poor game was Kaca. I don´t know if Frei would be worth a shot. We do have a few options for this position. If we can replicate the fight & passion from last night I see no reason why the rest of the starters should not start again.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

I hope you're right. Last night's win was very important. It was a great team performance and we deserved to win, but Newcastle could have edged it if one of their chances had gone in.

So we go to QPR with a bit of much needed confidence - but I think this will be a very tough game, a dogfight - but I hope we can show the  class and organisation and spirit of last night, with good support behind us - and get three points...or even one would be a good result I suppose.

FFCfan

Quote from: grandad on December 11, 2012, 08:14:50 AM
The only player I feel had a poor game was Kaca. I don´t know if Frei would be worth a shot. We do have a few options for this position. If we can replicate the fight & passion from last night I see no reason why the rest of the starters should not start again.

Agreed! Kaca was not on his level, maybe due to his recent injury, but still think he should start. He knows he should have done better, and he will do better next game.

RaySmith

Sorry, I didn't answer the question - yes, I think Jol will start pretty well the same 11 as last night, though maybe leave out Kaca.

Agree about Baird and Duff - they have been such important players for us this season. Once again Duff was involved in us scoring.

Jol might make one or two changes to combat the particular threat of QPR - they are strong in midfield, or to capitalise o their defensive frailties.

MJG

I think it should be the same XI but I suspect because QPR's pitch is small and Kaca was below par, he might go for Richardson on the left to make us a bit tighter as a unit in the middle.

Northern Cottager

Their defence is woeful. Watching the extended highlights they look like a Non league side who've managed to scrape a decent 1st round Cup Tie. Hopefully we should bag a few as I can see them making even more mistakes than Newcastle did. Just hope Dejegah learns how to tackle in training :D

the nutflush

Baird's distribution was a treat to watch.  Some of the stuff he does goes mainly unnoticed but if I was in charge he would be the first picked every week.  Both he and Sidders were great last night.

JackyFulham90

I think Diarra will be brought back in and maybe Richardson for Kacaniklic the rest of the team will remain the same and rightly so

Ordar

I definitely wouldnt start Kaca. Duff looks pretty set on the right, so would have Richardson down the left. And no, Richardson isnt nearly as bad as people on here would have you believe!

I fully expect Sidwell to dominate the midfield, we just need to take the opportunities when they come. I have a sneaky suspicion that Rodallega will go on a scoring run, so I predict a brace from Dave

nose

Same 11! No brainer. Best we played for ages. Newcastle have good players and looked at times but with a little bit better finishing we could and should have won by three or four. Kaka not at his best but needs a chance. Hugo's bestgame by a mile, about time and very welcome to see what he is capable of.
Dejgah isn't as good as Kaka defensively so he is a worry if he starts. Otherwise that was far more like it, I am sure berba will score again soon, he looked far better when not being asked to take the captain's arm band.

MasterHaynes

I would just swap Kaca for Karagounis to bolster the middle of the park. I think QPR will be physical and flood the midfield against us. Having both Karagounis and Sidwell breaking forward from the middle with Baird sweeping up behnd them would be a good tactic in this game.

Mr Fulham

Wouldn't exactly call last night's foorball "attractive"....by no means. It was a dirty win, it was all about the three points.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 11, 2012, 01:24:09 PM
Wouldn't exactly call last night's foorball "attractive"....by no means. It was a dirty win, it was all about the three points.

I think calling it dirty is unfair. We created plenty of chances with good play and it was end to end stuff. A bit scrappy, and definitely hard fought, but an enjoyable game.

filham

The wideleft position is a problem, both Kaca and Frei are not living up to their early promise . I suspect Jol may soon give Richardson a go in that position now that he is fit.

FFCfan

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 11, 2012, 01:24:09 PM

In some moments we played so fluidly, as we hadn't played since the game against Sunderland.

FFCfan

Quote from: filham on December 11, 2012, 02:45:34 PM

The wideleft position is a problem, both Kaca and Frei are not living up to their early promise . I suspect Jol may soon give Richardson a go in that position now that he is fit.

I would still keep Kaca on. It was first game after injury and he didnt do that well, it will be 1st game for Richardson after injury as well. We should start with Kaca and Richardson as a sub.

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 11, 2012, 12:32:23 PM
I think Diarra will be brought back in and maybe Richardson for Kacaniklic the rest of the team will remain the same and rightly so

I think Diarra is just not in form right now!

MartyFFC

Kaca and Baird out. Richardson and Diarra in. I know that's harsh on Bairdinho who has had a great season; but I just think we will need a bit more muscle in midfield against the likes of Diakite and Mbia. And I think the experience of Richardson will be useful in what will be a pretty intense atmosphere.

A Humble Man

I would get Stockdale back as a matter of huge urgency.  We managed to win in spite of our Aussie friend attempts to lose it.
We Are Fulham, Believe.