watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match thread vs. Swansea - stockdale starts, as do briggs, and frei

Started by Zu-Meister, December 29, 2012, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

STOCKDALE, Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, BRIGGS, Dejagah, Karagounis, Sidwell, FREI, Ruiz, Berbatov.

Bassey the warrior

Apart from Briggs I like this line up a lot. Hats off to Jol for dropping Schwarzer.

rusty shackleford

He must not have dropped him, he's not on the bench. Injured?

We never have the same team 2 times in a row. Its a different looking team ill give him that

Northern Cottager

Hopefully will give the former regulars a kick up the arse. Stockdales been due a start for a long time.

cottage cheese

thats part of the problem with Jol. Our team is so unsettled in some cases. Frei for me is not a 90min player yet and should be coming on around 60-65 min to take on tired defences.

rusty shackleford

Its a potentially really exciting team, but also a potentially implode-able team. Should be a good game anyway!

shnlwswlkr

Both int he starting line up!  yee-haw!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

SaltfordWhite

I like the idea of Karagounis and Sidders.  

farfouille

I am absolutely delighted with the start-up. We needed changes. I would have kept JAR though...
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: cottage cheese on December 29, 2012, 02:14:54 PM
thats part of the problem with Jol. Our team is so unsettled in some cases. Frei for me is not a 90min player yet and should be coming on around 60-65 min to take on tired defences.

I think it's right to rotate so long as the core of the team is there. Kacaniklic had a poor game so Frei keeps him on his toes, Hughes had struggled so Senderos came in, who in turn was poor so he drops out. Riise has been long due a demotion but I think Jol like me lacked faith in Briggs. Now I guess he's thought Riise's head isn't straight, so may as well play Briggs.

Mino the Waiter

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Mino the Waiter on December 29, 2012, 02:21:00 PM
Please tell me Kasami is on the bench...

Etheridge, Kelly, Riise, Senderos, Baird, Richardson and Rodallega

RoyTund

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 29, 2012, 02:27:31 PM

So if the midfield fails we can bring on, er, Richardson.  If I was Kasami I would be wanting out in Jan. He was starting in Serie A before he came to us.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 29, 2012, 02:27:31 PM

VERY defensive bench. Rodallega and maybe Richardson the only attack minded players. Seems we are playing youngsters today to match up with Swansea's young and pacey side

Baider

Very happy with this line-up, seems that Jol has finally seen some sense and dropped positions where it was needed

grandad

Kasami should have been on the bench. There is no need to have both Senderos & Baird.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Northern Cottager

Lets see how the starting 11 do eh! I cant see it being any worse than the previous few games. W've been woeful and hopefully Jol is assessing all options before the window to see which positions we are in dire need of.

Azeedo

Baird is a different player when Ruiz is around, sometimes is the players you play with

Jamie88

Luffy86

Very pleased to see changes, just hope they come up trumps!! Not too happy about kasami being nowhere near the team.....!