watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match thread vs. Swansea - stockdale starts, as do briggs, and frei

Started by Zu-Meister, December 29, 2012, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Jamie88

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 29, 2012, 03:46:00 PM
It's normal that the likes of Briggs and Stockdale look a bit rusty, nothing special. I still think they deserve this run-out and even more than that.

I might be going mad but other than a slightly dodgy header back to Stockdale, I thought Briggs coped very well with all other situations he was involved in

Bassey the warrior

Much improved, but still not enough. We are fortunate that Swansea are being pretty unambitious. Ruiz needs more movement, just Berba making runs. Both full backs and wingers need to get forward more quickly. As for Stockdale, play it short boy. Berbatov is losing every 50-50 header.

ffcbulgaria

However compared to last 3 games we look much better. We're now moving around expecting the ball and that creates more opportunities for passing. We've even had more shots than in the previous 2 games combined.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 29, 2012, 03:48:27 PM
It's normal that the likes of Briggs and Stockdale look a bit rusty, nothing special. I still think they deserve this run-out and even more than that.

I might be going mad but other than a slightly dodgy header back to Stockdale, I thought Briggs coped very well with all other situations he was involved in
I fully agree. Saved that very poor Hughes header with some mature defending too. Tried to go forward as well. Ruiz had three or four good chances, he's the ray of hope I've got. One or two special moments.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: michaelread on December 29, 2012, 03:44:29 PM
Quote from: aussierod on December 29, 2012, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 29, 2012, 03:27:49 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on December 29, 2012, 03:21:52 PM
Does not look confident

OH WONDER

Thought he won't on loan and got some confidence hence everyone asking for him in goal?

Ruiz is looking good though and it makes a difference with Karagounis and Ruiz looking to get the ball off our CB's, we certainly are looking to keep possession better than usual

Our left hand looks weak though, 2 young fellas trying to keep Dyer quiet, not going too well just yet

yeah but if you follow any of frei or briggs social media accounts you would know that they are practically boyfriends and in between sharing kisses on the sideline, theyd probably have their communication sorted out

Problem is Briggs isn't very quick and his positioning is poor. That's why I think he'll never make it at this level. Having one of his best games so far though. Frei hasn't really been in the game, though he took his chance well.

Lighthouse

Sorry but we did just fine in the first half. Badly need a forward on the pitch. We have no chance to break forward quickly and Berbatov is just not good enough as a loan striker anymore. But plenty of good things. Briggs has done well, Stockdale looks nervy and Karagounis is still a waste of space. Frei done ok and Dejag has played well.

Still hope we can not panic and keep pushing forward and who knows?

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Ordar on December 29, 2012, 03:47:07 PM
Another shambolic first half performance where we created nothing as normal and defended poorly. All this against a side resting 7 first team players including top scorer

Agreed but we can't beat the worst sides in the Prem at the moment, why should Swansea be any different?

tough decisions lie ahead........

Mino the Waiter

RidgeRider

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 29, 2012, 03:50:35 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on December 29, 2012, 03:48:27 PM

I fully agree. Saved that very poor Hughes header with some mature defending too. Tried to go forward as well. Ruiz had three or four good chances, he's the ray of hope I've got. One or two special moments.

Agree. Dyer seems to make Briggs a little nervous but I think he would do the same to any defender. Dega looks really good on the ball, a bit frenetic at times but I can see where with a bit more time he will be good in that spot. Frei looks decent as well.

Bassey the warrior

Given we've one win in 11 it's really no surprise we continue to struggle. Confidence is integral. Jol and Hangeland should be doing more to inspire the players though. But let's appreciate that we are much improved today. We've created several chances and are frankly pretty unlucky to be losing.

Lighthouse

Bring on Rodders for Berbatov and see us rise like phoenix from the ashes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Ordar on December 29, 2012, 03:47:07 PM
Another shambolic first half performance where we created nothing as normal and defended poorly. All this against a side resting 7 first team players including top scorer

Created nothing eh? Berba and Frei came close and Ruiz forced a good save. That's more than Swansea have done apart from the goal.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

We can win this we had more posession, hopefully Jol will say the  right thing at half time  
great to see Briggs playing I hope the lad keeps the spot

..Kya.ffc..

I see improvements and to be honest all I want to see in second half is alot of heart - I want them to show the fans that they are willing to die out there. If we get points in the process then great.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Jamie88

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on December 29, 2012, 03:58:33 PM
Quote from: Mino the Waiter on December 29, 2012, 03:54:49 PM
It's just a matter of time really, goals will come....

i love your optimism

I have to admit, I'm feeling very optimistic for some reason for this second half...
We looked alot more commited to get forward in the first half, I think Swansea will feel slightly fortunate to go 1-0 up at the break

Beefy

Let's be first, this first half Fulham has performed well. Let's see what happens in the second.

Jimbobob

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 29, 2012, 03:47:00 PM
Quote from: michaelread on December 29, 2012, 03:39:13 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on December 29, 2012, 03:35:56 PM
We really are a very poor side. Nothing changes but the players. We play at about 95% effort, everyone we play is at 100%. This will be the end of Jol if we lose this match. The players confidence is so low that we won't recover from this anytime soon.

Jol will revitalise the squad with the january transfer window. this game should be players playing for their jobs. if they dont perform, bring someone else in. simple as that.

For the sake of the club I hope you are right. I'm not sure he'll last that long though.

RR - You are all over it and you are generally the voice of positivity so as you have been stating as of late the level of performance is just unacceptable and Jol has to take responsibility - period end of story. Something is rotten in the dressing room. What it is no one seems to know but the lack of effort is just inexcusable... I want us to win this match so bad it hurts but I have zero confidence we will muster a draw...
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?