more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That Dutch idiot is taken us down

Started by Admin, December 29, 2012, 04:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: alfie on December 29, 2012, 05:38:04 PM
Admin has great passion, but who out there does he think would be better.

That's the whole reason why I think people are crazy for calling for Jol to be sacked, Honestly who else is out there who's available and any better than the manager we've already got!.
Foolish ham

Lighthouse

Quote from: FFC to the Max on December 29, 2012, 05:49:12 PM
Quote from: Admin on December 29, 2012, 04:58:47 PM
FACT
Plain stupidity, have some faith!. He will come good in the end, if anything it's the results against Swansea today and Southampton last weekend that proved selling Dembele and Dempsey on the last day of the transfer window killed our first half of this season!

I agree with the poor squad for the season but we did fine until Ruiz was injured. Why should Jol change things now? Why should Fulham actually back their manager in the next transfer window? Nothing that has happened is a shock and Jol has little idea what to do. At least 1 win in 12 would seem to point at that. Although today was a weird one, again. There have been plenty of games where we have looked awful.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oakeshott

Admin

I agree with you and can certainly see us finishing below any or all of QPR, Reading, Southampton and Wigan.

It has been clear to me from early on that Jol lacks arguably the two main qualities of a decent manager - man management skills and tactical nous. My only consolation from the last two games is the hope that MAF can read the situation and will take the appropriate action in good time. We need Danny Murphy back as manager.

Jambo

i wish people would calm down for an hour or so before posting. 
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

ffc73

When you put Senderos on for Frei in the 83rd minute and stick Brede up front as a makeshift no.9 you know you are in trouble

Burt

I think Jol took some brave decisions today with the line up and for me it shows the way to go. Best performance for a long time, and we were unlucky not to come away with a point or three for our efforts.

I have to confess to being a bit confused about the substitutions he made though...

Jambo

Quote from: FFC73 on December 29, 2012, 06:15:44 PM
When you put Senderos on for Frei in the 83rd minute and stick Brede up front as a makeshift no.9 you know you are in trouble

i think with that sub he was sending a message to the board as much as anything.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

FulhamMic

Quote from: FFC73 on December 29, 2012, 06:15:44 PM

Mancini threw Lescott on with a minute to go against Reading, to play up front. And look at the forwards they have! It's a decent change; pump balls into their box and win the ball in the air. If you're chasing the game, why not?

ron

I wonder if Ray Lewington fancies a bit of moonlighting...?

west kowloon white

Identify the idiot-shamefull post from an alleged passionate "supporter"-not

Forever Fulham

Well, I'm part Dutch and I don't think calling Jol a "Dutch idiot" is at all racist.  I do think Jol has no ability to adapt within the game as circumstances dictate.  I agree with HatterDon that the team doesn't seem fit.  We lose too many 50/50 balls.  We allow defenders to launch long balls from the back in a vain attempt to obviate possessing our way up the field.  And we rarely win possession on those long balls.  We don't keep the ball on the carpet.  We pass too much in the air.  These are just some of the tactical problems I see, problems for which the manager and his staff must take responsibility.  Yet so far, it's always the players' fault.  I'm not buying it any more.  I put this on Jol. 

Snibbo

Quote from: cusackdribble on December 29, 2012, 05:14:50 PM
'That Dutch idiot is taken us down'. Not sure how you expect us to take you seriously if you can't even string together a coherent sentence.
:plus one:

Walsh

"That Dutch idiot is taken us down"

I have to disagree, I just don't think he has the team that he actually wants and when he brings the players in which will go with his tactics I think we will start moving up the table.

"Sack him now"

I disagree with this also, in my opinion you should never sack a manager during a season unless you're in the relegation zone and/or in serious need of a change. You may say we need a change but do we really? We just played really well against a decent Swansea side, we have 60% possession against a team who play around possession.

Bryan Ruiz has been injured and this has done us no favors, he is a huge player for us. Berbatov is a dodgy one, I think he will start to settle down and wont be all me, me, me and will start playing as a team player rather than a one man team.

jarv

Just got in, just found out the score. While I don't think Jol will take us down but I do thtink he was A? the wrong appointment. B/ Is incredibly naive with his tactics, border line park football decisions., C/ He saw Fulham as a semi retirment gig where he can make a decent pay cheque.
I think he has lost the dressing room, I think he can't blame the players any more, I think he has to go. Maybe not now, I believe Fulham will finish 15 -17 but he has to go at the end of the season.Sorry to say this, I can't stand the guy. There is a reason he was sacked by Tottenham,and did not do well at hamburg or Ajax. Anotehr example of a useless football manager getting re-hired on the basis of......what?  5th place with tottenham??  Did MAF get someone to check his references.

As I said, I don't sgree he will take us down but I do agree he is equal or worse tahn Sanchez.
Advice to Jol....BACK TO BASICS. Make Fulham HARD TO BEAT. It is NOT DIFFICULT to achieve. Seriously, it isn't.

I am totally fed up now. We had such a good team until this idiot got involved.

Walsh

Quote from: jarv on December 30, 2012, 03:44:46 AM
Just got in, just found out the score. While I don't think Jol will take us down but I do thtink he was A? the wrong appointment. B/ Is incredibly naive with his tactics, border line park football decisions., C/ He saw Fulham as a semi retirment gig where he can make a decent pay cheque.
I think he has lost the dressing room, I think he can't blame the players any more, I think he has to go. Maybe not now, I believe Fulham will finish 15 -17 but he has to go at the end of the season.Sorry to say this, I can't stand the guy. There is a reason he was sacked by Tottenham,and did not do well at hamburg or Ajax. Anotehr example of a useless football manager getting re-hired on the basis of......what?  5th place with tottenham??  Did MAF get someone to check his references.

As I said, I don't sgree he will take us down but I do agree he is equal or worse tahn Sanchez.
Advice to Jol....BACK TO BASICS. Make Fulham HARD TO BEAT. It is NOT DIFFICULT to achieve. Seriously, it isn't.

I am totally fed up now. We had such a good team until this idiot got involved.

I must say I agree with all of this post, I find it funny how everyone was saying "get Jol to sign a new contract now!" and a few weeks later we're saying "get him out the door!" I'm still 50/50 on Jol, he has brought in some interesting players but he just doesn't seem to have the tactics, give him to the end of the season, if we have no improvements then give him the boot.

HatterDon

Disagree with Admin all you want -- god knows I do often enough -- but keep your abuse to yourself. There is NOBODY on this site who cares more about Fulham and who loves them more. He is entitled to his opinion and is also entitled to use this venue to express his frustration. You don't have that level of frustration unless you love this club as much as he does.

I can remember when even the most extreme opinions were valued on this site, and when people dealt with each other with respectful terms. If you've got half a working vocabulary, you should be able to disagree with class, clarity, and respect.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

I thought it was very committed, battling performance yesterday - for 90 mins, which belied criticisms of the team's fitness and commitment.

I feel gutted for Jol and the players - and the fans, though not the boo boys.

It seems very harsh only to have 1 point from these two home games - when we  might have had six, with  a bit more luck. 5 Mins away from a victory over Saints, and undone by goalkeeping  errors yesterday.

Of course, you have to make your own luck, and of course we have problems, but we created a number of good chances yeterday, but their keeper had a great game.

Re Jol - well, the buck stops with him, but there have been a lot of positives about his reign so far, and he had faced some serious problems with top players leaving at the same time, and unable to bring i adequate replacements, injury, and , yes, bad luck.

Yes, fans are entitled to criticise, but I don't see the point of criticism unless it is constructive - and unless people say  what they would do to remedy things - apart form 'sack the manager' - though that is  one response that is valid i some instances of course - but i don't think it should be done lightly.

Forever Fulham

OK.  I'm going to retrench, based on some opinions in this thread I respect.  I take back my finger-pointing at Jol--for now.  We have a lot of new players on the team, a lot of new players starting.  Maybe it's still premature to look to the manager's decisions as a leading cause of our predicament.  Just curious: how many more consecutive losses would have to occur before we do start pointing at the manager?  If we aren't in the relegation zone now, we aren't that far from it, correct?  The thing that always amazes me is the assumption that what ails a team is normally cured with new and different players, rather than getting the best out of who you already have.  The players we have now--most of them have some pretty impressive pedigrees.  I don't think we are maximizing their skills in these games.  To me, that gets down to the manager and his staff.   But he's an authority figure, and the players aren't.  And we tend to defer to authority when things aren't working.  But, OK, I'll buy into the notion that's it's still early, that Jol needs more time, that the team needs time to gel and all that.  OK OK OK.  I remember Uncle Woy, and how he lifted the team, got the most out of them.  As to Jol, I'm starting to get what the English clergy call Profound Doubts. 

michaelread

fact  
/fakt/
Noun
1.A thing that is indisputably the case.
2.Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.

fyi

edit:
actually i'll add a bit more, because even though i am pretty much 100% of the time on the complete opposite side of the spectrum to admin, I do understand that without his input there would be no forum where I have made some good friends and earned some less than good enemies.

Mainly my gripe is with the jumping to a ridiculous statement so quickly, and not just admin, this is a LOT of you on FoF lately. It's always been a meltdown here when we have been playing poorly, but never so......never so blindly stupid about the things people are saying. In the past, most of the things said by people on this site were measured and well thought out, and perhaps even read over before they were posted to make sure they made sense. Now, when I do come to FoF post-loss, it's full of doom mongering and, honestly, uneducated responses (uneducated in a football sense). This thread is a good representation of that. (not the initial post, i can tell a lot of the initial post is that post game ball of hate that we all feel, lucky for me matches end at 4am and i can sleep it off instantly, but more the posts that have come after it).

Just calm it. The problem is not Jol, its the players. Jol is not on the pitch, and he is setting up the team as best as possible at the moment. Yes the hangeland experiment didn't really come off. But to be honest, we weren't scoring any other way. Sometimes when plans a and b fail, you have to go to plan c. And i can think of plenty of worse plan Cs than sticking a 6'5 monster up front and hoping he can cause some trouble for the oppositions defence.

13 shots on goal. Great game by the swansea keeper. Not so great a game by ours. If they'd swapped ends, well, we might have been sitting here celebrating a 5 - 0 game.