https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That Dutch idiot is taken us down

Started by Admin, December 29, 2012, 04:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Admin on December 29, 2012, 04:58:47 PM
FACT

A fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case.

In general, an opinion is a belief about matters commonly considered to be subjective, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts.

Which is this? A fact or an opinion?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2012, 02:55:06 PM
Quote from: Admin on December 29, 2012, 04:58:47 PM
FACT

A fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case.

In general, an opinion is a belief about matters commonly considered to be subjective, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts.

Which is this? A fact or an opinion?

Fact is we have won one in the last 12. Fact is we have been playing very poorly in all those games bar two when we played ok. Fact is we don't even have a shot in some halves of football. My opinion is something needs to change and my opinion is the manager is part of the problem. But not all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on December 30, 2012, 05:34:50 AM
Disagree with Admin all you want -- god knows I do often enough -- but keep your abuse to yourself. There is NOBODY on this site who cares more about Fulham and who loves them more

This is actually irrelevant - the rules in this forum should be there for everyone. To brand someone as an "idiot" surely is not coherent with the the FAQs of this site? No matter if the guy loves Fulham or if he's the admin of this website. We all love Fulham. I honestly don't think Admin would do any better than Jol. Maybe we should try it, but I don't see where this squad is any better than where they are at the moment.

This overreaction was totally unnecessary and maybe the lad should take a deep breath before he decides to post. This one was utter rubbish for sure.

Lighthouse

Mr Jol is Dutch and in Admins opinion he is an idiot. Not sure why this is in any way upsetting to anybody. The term 'idiot' is insulting but so is only winning one game out of twelve and having a team play so poorly in nearly all of those games. So an opinion that is valid surely?

Oiseau

So you're going to step in, then?

And you're fully aware of what's going on behind the scenes? And what it's like to play under Jol? And what Jol has planned?

Yes, he's made a few questionable choices but opposing him isn't going to benefit anyone.

zzamora

Quote from: Oiseau on December 30, 2012, 03:12:58 PM

And you're fully aware of what's going on behind the scenes? And what it's like to play under Jol? And what Jol has planned?

Always pointing out the obvious flaws. Another top post Oiseau.

I love the overreaction on this board. In fact, whilst I stop revising for 10 minutes in between sessions,I log on for a good laugh. Because it is damn funny.

People need to calm down, think logically, let rational guide their minds. Not the first instinict after watching a game.

Lighthouse

I WILL STEP IN. For the money and for the job I would do it in a second. What Jol has planned? What like the plans he has had for lowering the age of the squad and buying in better players. The club have not supported him in that. Or the plans to win a game. No noit really worked that plan either.

Instead of the under reaction of saying we shouldn't react after one game. How about 12 games and one win. A third of the season and one win. I know people like Jol but they must see he is a big part of the problem too.

Yep I could do the job for the same money please.

Admin

Quote from: ddeuce on December 30, 2012, 03:15:20 PM

I love the overreaction on this board. In fact, whilst I stop revising for 10 minutes in between sessions,I log on for a good laugh. Because it is damn funny.

People need to calm down, think logically, let rational guide their minds. Not the first instinict after watching a game.

But then this is always your attitude isn't it, "laugh at others" because you think you're the billy big balls when it comes to anything Fulham related. Bottom line is, you're a 16 year old kid, I've seen, dreamt and played more football than you'd ever chose to imagine. In fact, I've seen Fulham in situations like this before, called relegation and we have in fact gone down! How many times have you seen Fulham relegated in all your 2 years of following them? None I doubt. I think it's you that want's to calm down a little bit, think logically and maybe treat other with a little bit more respect before loging on.   

zzamora

Quote from: Admin on December 30, 2012, 03:44:31 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on December 30, 2012, 03:15:20 PM

But then this is always your attitude isn't it, "laugh at others" because you think you're the billy big balls when it comes to anything Fulham related. Bottom line is, you're a 16 year old kid, I've seen, dreamt and played more football than you'd ever chose to imagine. In fact, I've seen Fulham in situations like this before, called relegation and we have in fact gone down! How many times have you seen Fulham relegated in all your 2 years of following them? None I doubt. I think it's you that want's to calm down a little bit, think logically and maybe treat other with a little bit more respect before loging on.    

Ooh personal. Love the bit about my age by the way.  

Isn't that against the board rules (as discussed just up this page as I would like to point out).

Edit: In fact, that is against the board guidelines.

"In such situations, common sense should apply. For example:
•  Refrain from getting personal. Stick to debating points, providing facts, influencing others through logical arguments, etc.

As well as: SECTION 1 – KEEP IT RELEVANT
FoF is a football forum and so unrelated topics will generally be considered unacceptable, particularly if they are likely to cause offense. Examples of topics which will not be tolerated include:
Personal abuse, (personally to bring my age into this and suggest it removes my opinion is abuse in my eyes)

I treat reason with respect. Not those who run around saying the sky is about to fall down when it is not.

Mr Fulham

I for one could not care less where you've been or what you've done before. Unlike you (apparently), I've got the same amount of respect for every person, if he or she is 16-year-old  or 87-y/o. If you don't like Will's attitude, whatever. But back off with the whole "you're young, I'm old, so shut up"-crap.
He's entitled to his opinion, you are entitled to your opinion. If you voice your opinion, fair enough, but not like that.
I don't care if your brain or your liver or your piles tell you that this manager will take us down. It is not a "FACT" and I expect a better standard from a so-called "Admin" than "that dutch idiot" - if you're angry, don't write crap on message boards, but order a pint, run your head against a brick wall or whatever. I DO NOT CARE.

If you want to insult Will, fair enough. But not via a message board. I tell you what: This really is the level of the 16-year olds you cited before. Congrats, you may have found your level.

Cheers,
Mr Fulham (just for the record, I'm not-16, I didn't laugh at you and am Fulham fan for far more  2 years)

MasterHaynes

Quote from: aussierod on December 29, 2012, 05:23:27 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 29, 2012, 05:17:05 PM
Two Jol signings made the difference today: Karagounis and Ruiz. We deserved a win. For goodness sake Mo give him some money to spend.

Thought Reither had a good game too until the last 10-15 minutes when he was a little quieter and we were throwing everything at them with no real structure
Karagounis had a good game as well and really showed spirit urging others to fight back and get something out of the game

NogoodBoyo

Snow in New York yesterday.  I wonder what that will do for the daffodils in March.
Nogood "a few people on here need to read The Hobbit, or Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, isit" Boyo
P.S  I'm down with the young bloke and Mr. Fulham on this one (for what it's worth, which is only a tanner short of half a crown probably).  But I think the young bloke is older than 16 and has superior debating skills.

cottage cheese

one of those days....try 1 win in 12 compared to one of those days

Peabody

Yes Admin I have seen plenty of seasons when we were already, at this stage of the season  we were in a relegation battle and I am sure you may remember back in the sixties, when in the nine or ten seasons we fought relegation about seven times and in six of the seven we survived, ok the seventh time we went down but just trying to remind you that every time we fought relegation we did not go down

1959/60 tenth
1960/61 17th Fought Relegation
1961/62 20th Fought Relegation (only two went down in those days)
1962/63 16th Fought Relegation
1963/64 15th
1964/65 20th Fought Relegation
1965/66 20th Fought Relegation
1966/67 18th Fought Relegation
1967/68 22nd Relegated

You are entitled to your opinion but the above is FACT>

MJG

So has Mr Fulham been banned because of his post above?

Lighthouse

Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2012, 04:49:54 PM

Oh please there is a complaints procedure. If you think his words are against the policy of FOF (that one word is) then tell the Mods via a PM and it will be sorted.

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 30, 2012, 04:54:49 PM

Oh please there is a complaints procedure. If you think his words are against the policy of FOF (that one word is) then tell the Mods via a PM and it will be sorted.
so he's been banned for using the F word?

Lighthouse

Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2012, 04:56:01 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 30, 2012, 04:54:49 PM

so he's been banned for using the F word?

Why would he be banned? At best the word would be taken out and he would be advised about it. But that is up to the Mods. I hope we continue to have his comments on FOF.

Berserker

Oh i'll take it out, then it won't be an issue. We don't want Mr Fulham banned over one little swear word, especially as i have a tendency to be sweary at times,  i nearly got banned by Mother - in - Law for saying the 'A' word at Christmas.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.